Carrie Hope Fletcher #72 All Very Talented People... Oh! Carrie's In It, I Forgot!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Who has their stag/hen/whatever do months after their wedding anyway? What’s the point?

Reactions: 33
She tries so hard to sound special and different, she just keep getting more and more pathetic and desperate to stand out. Yes, this totally would be called a late wedding celebration since they eloped and didn't celebrate at the time. Nothing to do with a stag or a hen, so why pretend to re-invent the whole concept and giving it your own interpretation? It's so forced.

Reactions: 36
Personally this “hag do” was purely for 1 of 2 reasons
1. Joel is so obsessed with her he’s too scared to let her do stuff on her own and he needs to keep tabs on her
Or 2. Neither of them have enough friends to do their own things and it not look totally pathetic and pitiful (even though it still did look like that 😂)

• Haha
Reactions: 23
If I wanted an alternative to a traditional stag/hen do, the last place I would’ve gone was Blackpool! It is the go to place for them…

• Haha
Reactions: 27
I'd love to hear what Tom and Gi, and Bob and Debbie say about Joel behind closed doors.

Reactions: 26
In which decade does Carrie live, anyway? I heard the term "The Last Night of Freedom" for a bachelor/bachelorette party the last time in some 90s sitcom 😅 I've been to so many bachelor/bachelorette parties, and it's just about celebrating with friends that they are getting married.
And is it normal in the UK for the bride (and in Carrie's case, the groom) to plan everything themselves? In our tradition, the bride-to-be is usually picked up by friends and surprised with the celebration. It's unfamiliar to me that the couple plans everything.
And Carrie could have just written that she met up with her friends in Blackpool instead of making such a big show that just comes across as sad 😅

Reactions: 27
In which decade does Carrie live, anyway? I heard the term "The Last Night of Freedom" for a bachelor/bachelorette party the last time in some 90s sitcom 😅 I've been to so many bachelor/bachelorette parties, and it's just about celebrating with friends that they are getting married.
And is it normal in the UK for the bride (and in Carrie's case, the groom) to plan everything themselves? In our tradition, the bride-to-be is usually picked up by friends and surprised with the celebration. It's unfamiliar to me that the couple plans everything.
And Carrie could have just written that she met up with her friends in Blackpool instead of making such a big show that just comes across as sad 😅
It just depends on the people. Tradition in the UK is the best man/maid of honour plan it. But the reality is it just depends on the couple and people involved.

Reactions: 6
LOL reading an author’s introduction to their book where they were praising their editor and this part talking about essay long rants reminded me so much of Joel 😂

Also, EXCLAMATION MARKS!!!! AND CAPTAIL CAPITAL LETTERS!!!! FORVER RUINED!!!!

IMG_1265.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Who has their stag/hen/whatever do months after their wedding anyway? What’s the point?
Attention? More presents? An excuse to get out of work? An excuse to get close to Tom?

I bet they trash talk Joel but are all nicey nicey to his face so he’s deluded into thinking he’s a “Fletcher”
What would be worse, talking tit about him behind his back, or not acknowledging his existence at all? :unsure:

Reactions: 10
Remember when they said they were doing “a celebration” later on in the year? I feel like they are actually having a bigger wedding ceremony this year. The use of best man and man of honour doesn’t make sense other wise, since they weren’t present.

Reactions: 14
1. Joel is so obsessed with her he’s too scared to let her do stuff on her own and he needs to keep tabs on her
Or 2. Neither of them have enough friends to do their own things and it not look totally pathetic and pitiful (even though it still did look like that 😂)
Hag do sounds as camp as Christmas . Are they truly a couple? Or is Carrie in the icky and archaic sense ‘a beard’
Asking for a friend.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Her whole “last night of freedom” excuse doesn’t even work anyway. It can’t be a last night of freedom if they’re already married 🤦‍♀️

Reactions: 26
One of my husbands friends was going to as he couldn’t have one before his wedding due to covid, but as is the way with these things, once he got married and all of the build up was over, it’s fallen off and not been spoken of since. Other than that surely no one has one after the fact 😂

Reactions: 7
These were exactly my theories, and I think it’s a combination of both. Carrie doesn’t have enough friends to do a hen do, and she has a track record of being unfaithful…

Reactions: 12
Her whole “last night of freedom” excuse doesn’t even work anyway. It can’t be a last night of freedom if they’re already married 🤦‍♀️
Arguably her last night of freedom was probably in like May of last year before he moved in.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
This feels like such a non-answer?

“Stag and hen dos mean something different to everyone”
“For me, they mean ARCHAIC AND ICKY and LAST NIGHT OF FREEDOM so I redefined a stag and hen do”

So then your definition of a stag/hen do would be more akin to a celebration of your marriage rather than a “last night of freedom”? So she redefined her idea of a stag/hen do to mean… the same thing as a lot of other people? There was no need to point out how she doesn’t like the idea of “last night of freedom”, she’s trying (and failing) to be NLOG. She wants an excuse to express how HEALTHY!!!! Her relationship is and how FREE!!!! They are 🙄

It would’ve been enough for her to say something like “we had a joint party after the wedding because we kept the wedding a secret and didn’t want to be too obvious with our hen/stag dos being so close to our wedding, now we can celebrate” or something that would actually make sense to explain. The girl can’t help handholding her subscribers through basic explanations - probably a reflection of her own intelligence
Yeah I could get behind her point about stag and hen do's having evolved but YOU. ARE. ALREADY. MARRIED. Did she miss the part where the stag and hen do's take place BEFORE the wedding? What's next?? Joel proposes again?

• Haha
Reactions: 13
It reminds me of my boyfriend’s friend, who got married then had FOMO a few months after because he never had a stag do. So he planned a stag do for seven months after the wedding, which I thought was a bit strange if you’re meant to be newly married and happy with your wife 🤔

In Carrie’s and Joel’s case, they love attention and want to draw this wedding out for as long as possible.

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.