Carrie Hope Fletcher #72 All Very Talented People... Oh! Carrie's In It, I Forgot!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s losing her niche, now there are dozens of young women in the industry with amazing voices who also have the acting and dance ability to back it up - as well as being nice people. Her YouTuber glory days are long gone and she was too lazy to keep up with social media trends and platforms. She’ll get some hardcore fans who will still continue to follow her but she’s not going to net any new ones.

She could be knocking out a lot of interesting backstage content if she was chatting to the crew she works with - lots of theatre fans want to hear about that these days instead of just hearing about the actors.

I reckon once her career continues to tank this year she’ll get pregnant and use it as an excuse to why she doesn’t perform any more. Might do a few gigs but I reckon her days as a leading lady are long gone.
I know it's asking a lot of her, but I'd be interested in backstage theatre stuff delving into other roles in theatre. Obviously we know things from a 'leading lady' POV but I'd like it if she showcased people in ensemble/swing/cover roles, stage managers, technical roles etc - give people an insight into these jobs.

Yes lots of people want to be actors, but 99.9% of them will be working their way up through swing, ensemble etc. Talking to the right people can be super beneficial and educational. But I guess that means Carrie can't talk about herself and therefore isn't interested

Reactions: 22
The only slight defence I'll give of Carrie is some shows may not want her vlogging backstage

Probably not the reason she hasn't done it but thought I'd mention it

Reactions: 16
I know it's asking a lot of her, but I'd be interested in backstage theatre stuff delving into other roles in theatre. Obviously we know things from a 'leading lady' POV but I'd like it if she showcased people in ensemble/swing/cover roles, stage managers, technical roles etc - give people an insight into these jobs.

Yes lots of people want to be actors, but 99.9% of them will be working their way up through swing, ensemble etc. Talking to the right people can be super beneficial and educational. But I guess that means Carrie can't talk about herself and therefore isn't interested
I have always wanted to know more about the musicians on the big shows and their jobs

I sat front row of Sadlers Wells for 42nd Street recently and watching the band was as interesting as the show. It was amazing to see how the brass section for instance would play just 3 or 4 notes and that would be it for a bit but those notes were absoutely critical to the whole sound. Or the main guy in the wind section was continually switching between sax, clarinet, flute etc and different sizes of them all as well. Again he would just play a few notes on an instrument and then immediately switch to one of the others, and then to something else seconds later; and again every single thing he played despite being just a few notes each time was key to the tune. He had several of the instruments on different straps around his neck, how he always got the right thing in his hands I don't know. And all of that playing and changing instruments while intently watching the conductor.

Would love to see someone do some proper explainer videos on how some of the off-stage stuff works.

The National Theatre did a series of in-depth late night backstage tours after certain performances of Follies which took us all round the scenery workshops and rehearsal rooms out back, but also into the dressing rooms, costume wardrobes up close with all the wigs, shoes, outfits all laid out ready, quick change areas around the edges of the stage etc - it was fascinating to see. Yes she would have to get permission to put some of it on youtube but nothing that can't be worked out.

Reactions: 15
Watching the HP films with my son for the first time. I cannot get over how much this could be Joel.
You’ve just opened up a memory! I’m pretty sure he auditioned for a part but didn’t get it. Don’t ask me which, but I’m sure it was a thing where his mum went on about it as of he’d got a part, then when he didn’t she just went silent

• Haha

Mikayla Jade who plays Sven in Frozen does loads of interesting videos on things like this. Her TikTok’s are great

Mikayla Jade who plays Sven in Frozen does loads of interesting videos on things like this. Her TikTok’s are great
Exactly! But instead, Carrie will find a trend that is almost over, then hop on board the last car of that train and act like she is so cool and trendy, again because she has no actual creativity of her own. I haven't seen other musical theatre performers on TikTok recently because I am fully immersed in BookTok right now, but I remember seeing quite a few that had fresh and interesting theatre content and I loved it.
The other thing about Carrie though is she doesn't commit. She will dip her toe in, and if she doesn't become the biggest booktuber immediately, she moves on to something else. What she doesn't get (and probably never will), is that it is work. Like actual work where you have to plan and put effort into it, but that alone ensures she won't do it. Work? Effort? Nope, not Carrie.

Reactions: 13
Okay, so I’m from Australia and saw Hamilton today in London. Have seen it in Australia 15+ times so I know it reasonably well. I don’t rate Joel’s King. I could tell he was trying but I just didn’t find any of it funny, and the singing was middling. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 18
LMAO, on a different note, I was just on reddit, and there was an AITAH about a husband finding out that his wife had lied about being a virgin, but he also mentioned that they got married after 7 months. The comment section is now full of, "7 months, omg that's insane" and I'm just cackling and thinking, "Boy do I have a story for you!"

• Haha
Reactions: 22

I remember watching a Harry Potter film behind the scenes documentary - I think it was around the fourth movie, but I might be wrong - where the student actors (not Daniel/Rupert/Emma but the other students) talked about how production worked, how a filmset worked, what an assistant director was, what an aide did, talked about catering etc. And then they said if they were to get out of acting what behind the scenes roles they would do - I remember Alfred Enoch/ Dean was definitely one of them. It was so fascinating to teenage me! And when Carrie started doing the Adams tour and more behind the scenes stuff, I thought oh, this will be like that but for theatre, so interesting - but then I found Ollie boring and she spent too much time with him, so I stopped watching/ didn't think about her again until I was looking for Cinderella gossip and found tattle.

So I think she might have missed the boat on that.

Reactions: 14
Problem with Carrie is, she changes the narrative SO many times, it's very disingenuous.

She claimed she was miserable with Pete and Oliver despite many times posting about how HaPpY she is, never been that "happy before"

Like if she did ever break up with Joel, she would do the same thing. "I said was happy but looking back, I really wasn't"

Either she's talking a crock of tit, all the time or is just a miserable, angry person all the time.

Reactions: 39
I have always wanted to know more about the musicians on the big shows and their jobs

I sat front row of Sadlers Wells for 42nd Street recently and watching the band was as interesting as the show. It was amazing to see how the brass section for instance would play just 3 or 4 notes and that would be it for a bit but those notes were absoutely critical to the whole sound. Or the main guy in the wind section was continually switching between sax, clarinet, flute etc and different sizes of them all as well. Again he would just play a few notes on an instrument and then immediately switch to one of the others, and then to something else seconds later; and again every single thing he played despite being just a few notes each time was key to the tune. He had several of the instruments on different straps around his neck, how he always got the right thing in his hands I don't know. And all of that playing and changing instruments while intently watching the conductor.

Would love to see someone do some proper explainer videos on how some of the off-stage stuff works.

The National Theatre did a series of in-depth late night backstage tours after certain performances of Follies which took us all round the scenery workshops and rehearsal rooms out back, but also into the dressing rooms, costume wardrobes up close with all the wigs, shoes, outfits all laid out ready, quick change areas around the edges of the stage etc - it was fascinating to see. Yes she would have to get permission to put some of it on youtube but nothing that can't be worked out.
I completely agree with this, there's so much backstage/crew/creative team content that would be so interesting.
I know it's random but I'm fascinated to know how it works with the orchestra and conductor if someone is sick. Onstage if someone is sick there's an understudy. What happens if the conductor is sick? Or the drummer? Or anyone! The majority of shows can't go on without the music!

Either she's talking a crock of tit, all the time or is just a miserable, angry person all the time.
The answer is both. She lies and makes things up to suit her narrative, usually so she can play the victim. However, she is miserable and angry too, which you can see in how she attacks everyone who questions her or attempts to offer advice when she is about to make terrible choices both personally and professionally.
It couldn't be that she had any fault in her breakup with Oliver, right? She was miserable the whole time she was with #Oliverormson (that was REALLY annoying), right? Is that how you were so happy and completely blindsided? Same with your terrible anxiety, right Carrie?
My mother always said that the trouble with lying was that when you, tell one lie, you have to tell many more to cover it up, and then you lose track of the lies you told and who you told them to, hence Carrie and her disingenuous, changing narrative.

Reactions: 23
The answer is both. She lies and makes things up to suit her narrative, usually so she can play the victim. However, she is miserable and angry too, which you can see in how she attacks everyone who questions her or attempts to offer advice when she is about to make terrible choices both personally and professionally.
It couldn't be that she had any fault in her breakup with Oliver, right? She was miserable the whole time she was with #Oliverormson (that was REALLY annoying), right? Is that how you were so happy and completely blindsided? Same with your terrible anxiety, right Carrie?
My mother always said that the trouble with lying was that when you, tell one lie, you have to tell many more to cover it up, and then you lose track of the lies you told and who you told them to, hence Carrie and her disingenuous, changing narrative.
Perfectly summed up! ☀

Reactions: 4
The only slight defence I'll give of Carrie is some shows may not want her vlogging backstage

Probably not the reason she hasn't done it but thought I'd mention it
After the reviews of this show, I doubt companies would want her to promote anything she’s in!

Reactions: 12
Problem with Carrie is, she changes the narrative SO many times, it's very disingenuous.

She claimed she was miserable with Pete and Oliver despite many times posting about how HaPpY she is, never been that "happy before"

Like if she did ever break up with Joel, she would do the same thing. "I said was happy but looking back, I really wasn't"

Shes doing it to get back at her exes. When neither Pete nor Oliver give a duck about her .

This feels like such a non-answer?

“Stag and hen dos mean something different to everyone”
“For me, they mean ARCHAIC AND ICKY and LAST NIGHT OF FREEDOM so I redefined a stag and hen do”

So then your definition of a stag/hen do would be more akin to a celebration of your marriage rather than a “last night of freedom”? So she redefined her idea of a stag/hen do to mean… the same thing as a lot of other people? There was no need to point out how she doesn’t like the idea of “last night of freedom”, she’s trying (and failing) to be NLOG. She wants an excuse to express how HEALTHY!!!! Her relationship is and how FREE!!!! They are 🙄

It would’ve been enough for her to say something like “we had a joint party after the wedding because we kept the wedding a secret and didn’t want to be too obvious with our hen/stag dos being so close to our wedding, now we can celebrate” or something that would actually make sense to explain. The girl can’t help handholding her subscribers through basic explanations - probably a reflection of her own intelligence

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.