Carrie Hope Fletcher #67 An Open Pamphlet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tangent: Saw him as Phantom in his first week this year. He was outstanding!
---
Has she

Has she been diagnosed with ADHD yet? That would be 'on trend'
A few of us on here actually think she might have ADHD, it came up before. I have it. But if she does get an ADHD diagnosis she'll for sure use it as an excuse instead of working on coping mechanisms.

Reactions: 10
Another Q&A, brace yourselves!

What will she ask herself?

- has she battled with anxiety all her life?
- does she mention Joel in her show?
- Who financed the tour?
- does she have a stylist?
- is she really not like other girls?

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I wonder if there will be a ~slime tutorial of her show. I’m so intrigued about how it all runs cause it just looks like she’s stood holding a book all the time while wearing an ugly belt

• Haha
Reactions: 10
There are different levels and versions of anxiety. She hasn´t claimed to have Generalised Anxiety Disorder or anything like that. I also am anxious a lot throughout my week and try to find strategies to cope, also in therapy in worse periods. Doesn´t mean I don´t have anxiety in some way. I still do work meetings and social things that may get old anxiety symptoms to creep in. It is perfectly possible to do a tour and still feel slightly or even very anxious about it - but it would be better for her to work on it and find coping strategies in therapy, than to talk about it on SoMe. Sounds like her anxiety has increased a lot - she also talked about it before her first tour, but now it´s worse. Doesn´t mean she is lying about having anxious feelings, she just needs to actually properly work on strategies & on getting better
I don’t think she’s lying (maybe exaggerating like she exaggerates everything). But she’s using her anxiety and the effects it has on her to gain sympathy from her audience. This is not her drawing attention to anxiety in a way to encourage others, it’s all about her. Other famous people talk about their anxiety too these days, but always when they’re already working on it and can maybe encourage fans to work on their too, and not think they can’t do major thing in life because of their anxiety. Carrie uses her followers to talk about things she should discuss with a therapist.

Reactions: 12
I don’t understand the Norwich photo she just posted. She’s just bent over and holding stuff. Is she performing? Is she bowing? Did she specifically choose it because it’s hiding her chin and making her arms look thinner?
---
Oh okay, from the comments it looks like the table broke. Is that part of a story or just a mishap that occurred?
at least put a little table emoji or something! I didn’t know what I was meant to be looking at aha

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I think this anxiety talk is a segue into stepping back from performing to be a full time writer and to start a family with Joel, where she will become the first woman ever to have a child.

• Haha
Reactions: 34
I think this anxiety talk is a segue into stepping back from performing to be a full time writer and to start a family with Joel, where she will become the first woman ever to have a child.
The thought of her writing a self help book on anxiety to avoid actual work is too funny. Her writing gives people anxiety with how difficult it is to understand

Reactions: 14
Is anyone else just starting to.. I dunno. Like. Seeing Carrie letting herself go THIS much is just making me sit up a bit straighter and make sure that I'm not letting myself go that much? Inspiring 💅

Reactions: 29
„I‘m so used to performing eight times a week“??? When was the last time she did that, other than panto last winter? She surely didn’t have a schedule like that for Cinderella and even the shows she was supposed to do, she often didn’t.

Reactions: 17
I hate the way she advertises products. So shouty, aggressive, patronising and insincere. Why would any company choose her? Big sigh 😔

I’m not even sure she’s big enough to be the West End cleaner at this point, let alone Queen
Only if the west end wanted a mice infestation, the woman lives in filthy, she has no idea what clean means.
There are different levels and versions of anxiety. She hasn´t claimed to have Generalised Anxiety Disorder or anything like that.
You are talking about a compulsive liar that rewrites everything to fit her agenda.

I have no doubt that Carrie is lying and taking the piss as usual. It's either to hide her poor performance, or because she has a bigger agenda after the tour, like someone suggested.

Wouldn't put it past her to say at the end of the tour that she was really anxious about having to go home to Joel and this helped her realize he was a mistake and call the quits.
And that when she was crying when mentioning him it was her subconscious pointing out her mistake and those were never happy tears, as she was trying to pretend at the time.

Reactions: 9
She’s famous and she’s getting attention, plus fuel for her need for drama. That’s all she needs. She’s done what she could in the West End so she can always claim she’s a WE sensation, but from here on it will be the bare minimum. The tour is something she actually has to work for, and god knows she tried her best not to. But after that’s it’s little-seen plays, one-off concerts and panto.

edit: I have yet to see a flattering photo of her on this tour (other than the one fan pic where she looked genuinely nice). Why does she look so weird in photos these days?
I've never seen a 30 year old look like that, let alone a professional singer or performer (I won't call her an actress). Her eyes just look joyless. For all that she has talked about OMG 30, she seems to have skipped straight on past it; she looks like a contemporary and I'm in my 50s... She just doesn't seem to try anymore, and frames it under body positivity and being quirky when that has nothing to do with it. And the bottom line for me is that I couldn't pay good money to see someone just half-assing it on a vanity tour. Yes, she can sing, but that is becoming secondary to the circus she has created around herself and that's sad, she could have done pretty much anything.
---
I saw a post on a theatre Facebook group where a fan was talking about meeting Carrie yesterday and she said that Carrie talked about her ‘struggles with anxiety’ during the show and it was very relatable etc. She is really jumping on this ‘I have anxiety’ trend.

As someone who has a diagnosed anxiety disorder and has struggled for years, it makes me quite angry. It’s actually very debilitating and someone with severe anxiety would be affected more than clinging to a wall for an Instagram photo op.
Same! I've also been diagnosed with an anxiety disorder and ptsd, and to see it used as a prop is disgusting. There are some days when I can't leave my home, and funny, I've never once thought of posing for a photo while struggling to step outside.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
She's feeling 'creatively fulfilled'? She's singing other people's songs on a stage that looks like the set of the Narrator's office in Rocky Horror

Even the idea was that of her producers. She has done nothing original

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.