Carrie Hope Fletcher #67 An Open Pamphlet

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why do companies ask her do advertise anything? She just a shared a 10 second video on her stories of her putting a cream that could be anything on her face and tagged the company.
She doesn’t make me wanna buy anything but that was pathetic!

Reactions: 12
I saw a post on a theatre Facebook group where a fan was talking about meeting Carrie yesterday and she said that Carrie talked about her ‘struggles with anxiety’ during the show and it was very relatable etc. She is really jumping on this ‘I have anxiety’ trend.

As someone who has a diagnosed anxiety disorder and has struggled for years, it makes me quite angry. It’s actually very debilitating and someone with severe anxiety would be affected more than clinging to a wall for an Instagram photo op.

Reactions: 44
edit: I have yet to see a flattering photo of her on this tour (other than the one fan pic where she looked genuinely nice). Why does she look so weird in photos these days?
She's put on a ton of weight, is dressing in really unflattering and ageing clothes and the extreme side parting does her no favours. Also I'm not sure if she's changed her glasses? They're really unflattering for her face shape too.

More than anything though, she never looks genuinely happy. It's all mad OTT gurning or smiles which don't reach her unblended badly made up eyes.

Reactions: 19
to people who went - what were the stories she told?? any details? anyone who’s going in the future PLEASE make more detailed notes we want to know the stories she tells 🤣

Reactions: 20
She's put on a ton of weight, is dressing in really unflattering and ageing clothes and the extreme side parting does her no favours. Also I'm not sure if she's changed her glasses? They're really unflattering for her face shape too.

More than anything though, she never looks genuinely happy. It's all mad OTT gurning or smiles which don't reach her unblended badly made up eyes.
She will so blame Joel for her weight gain once they’re over, saying that she felt like she had to let herself go or something like that. Will be interesting if Joel will keep as quiet as Oliver and Pete have.

Reactions: 26
I feel all this anxiety talk is leading up to something

Stepping away from performing, leaving Joel...whatever it is she is probably planning on using her anxiety as an excuse

Reactions: 27
I’m a few pages behind - but the belt thing: back in the day she used to insist she has an hourglass shape, and it seems like she’s trying to force it with the belts instead of just embracing being a pear.

It’s like she has this template in her head of who she desperately wants to convince the world she is (hence pretending to be into things like D&D, Russian history etc) and for some weird reason that extends to bodyshape.

Reactions: 17
The sudden anxiety stuff really doesn't sit right with me. This feels like attention seeking and making money off of a serious condition. Nerves are natural and not anxiety.

Carrie shares and has shared everything for over a decade. She overshares everything, there is no way that she would have not mentioned her anxiety in all these years. She is just jumping on the mental health bandwagon as it's trendy, and she knows its a get out of jail free card for any poor behaviour or performances.

Reactions: 26
To be fair, she has mentioned anxiety before, just not to this extent. I believe her, but I also think collaborating with her therapist on strategies to improve this anxiety would be more fruitful for her than multiple posts on her public and subscriber Instagram about anxiety and crying over having to perform

Reactions: 16
Someone with severe anxiety would never under any circumstances put on a one woman show up and down the UK. They wouldn't willingly get on stage for any reason. Carrie needs her head checked, but not for anxiety.

Reactions: 34
Someone with severe anxiety would never under any circumstances put on a one woman show up and down the UK. They wouldn't willingly get on stage for any reason. Carrie needs her head checked, but not for anxiety.
There are different levels and versions of anxiety. She hasn´t claimed to have Generalised Anxiety Disorder or anything like that. I also am anxious a lot throughout my week and try to find strategies to cope, also in therapy in worse periods. Doesn´t mean I don´t have anxiety in some way. I still do work meetings and social things that may get old anxiety symptoms to creep in. It is perfectly possible to do a tour and still feel slightly or even very anxious about it - but it would be better for her to work on it and find coping strategies in therapy, than to talk about it on SoMe. Sounds like her anxiety has increased a lot - she also talked about it before her first tour, but now it´s worse. Doesn´t mean she is lying about having anxious feelings, she just needs to actually properly work on strategies & on getting better

Reactions: 11
I also think the anxiety set-up is a segue into taking a step back from performing ie she's realised she's not going to get good gigs anymore. Her peers' stars are all rising while hers has collapsed into a black hole.

Being cynical, I also would not be surprised if this is leading up to promoting a self help book about anxiety.

Reactions: 31
I went to see Bonnie and Clyde on Saturday. Jodie Steele, former co star of Carrie’s, was in it. She makes performing seem absolutely effortless. She just stood there, opened her mouth and out came this power house of a voice. Her acting seemingly just comes naturally.

Why is it, and this is a genuine question, all of Carrie’s former colleagues have gone from strength to strength and Carrie is just left standing there? Aside from the obvious entitlement, and self absorption.

For example:
- Sophie Issacs and Jodie have both ended up as queens in SiX
- Jamie is in Moulin Rouge
- Jon Robyns, who was in Chitty with Carrie at some point, has gone from King George to Les Mis to Phantom
- Lauren was/perhaps still is Miss Honey

And what, dear Carrie, are you accomplishing?
Being blackballed by ALW?

Reactions: 5
I think it’s her refusal to upskill, her condescending attitude and her expectation that she should just GET the lead is why her career has gone stale.
She can’t dance, her acting sucks, she can’t read sheet music, and she can’t play more than a few chords on the piano. She doesn’t understand that her career is falling apart and it’s her own fault.
---
Can someone come get their Nan, please?
The belt cuts off her torso making it shorter, instead of cinching it like she thinks all belts do. Carrie, hun, not all belts are created equal and give off the effect you think they do.

Reactions: 17
I'm searching for a luggage strap and I think I've found the inspiration for Carrie's outfit 😅

Screenshot_20230523_120726_Chrome.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
I agree except Jon robyns who isn't such a good example as he has had a long and successful theatre career and was known well before he worked with Carrie.
Tangent: Saw him as Phantom in his first week this year. He was outstanding!
---
Has she
Has she been diagnosed with ADHD yet? That would be 'on trend'

Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.