Carrie Hope Fletcher #44 red, the colour of Joel’s flags

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Imagine you are rich, newly engaged, and own a house and flat in no other city than London. Imagine you have nothing in the world to worry about: Not about food, heating, money. Then you end up escalating online because someone points out an obvious – if superficial – flaw.

I have to say that I agree and have always done so, especially because I worked behind the scenes of MT for a while (even if in another country). Certainly you don't have to be skinny as a plank to be successful on a stage, but I think it's just professional and part of taking care of your shape and your body. Appearance is capital on stage. I'm convinced that Carrie wouldn't react so offensively if she a) wasn't so insecure about her appearance herself and b) didn't know full well that Joel, alas, no longer has a body shape at all (I'm deliberately not talking about the hair loss and his, er, way of dressing here). With Oliver, a heartthrob has slipped through her fingers and – for whatever reason, I'm completely at a loss by now – now she has chosen the first guy who wanted to put a ring on her finger. Tough luck.

However, it makes me furious that she actually believes that everyone on the internet either has to butter her up or, alternatively, shut up. It doesn't work that way, Carrie. And no, we don't take after Thumper from Bambi and only talk when we have something nice to say. Such behaviour belongs in your echo chamber. Grow up and step out into the real world, you spoiled brat.

It just shows once again that everything in life so far has been handed to her on a silver platter and she has not had to work hard for anything so far. She hasn't been running regularly since Joel either, right?

• Heart
Reactions: 54
I think they are getting negativity outside of Tattle as well. It has obviously rattled them as they are speaking to friends about it. I know it's just not primarily on here.
I definitely think so too. This is too much fuss to kick up over a handful of negative IG comments and an online gossip thread. People irl must be saying stuff and they’ve gotten wind of it. This is all so embarrassing for a two thirty somethings in a relationship. It all feels so juvenile and school like.

Reactions: 25
They're already overeating, the video of them at Flat iron was shocking. They had popcorn, steaks, 4 sides, 4 sauces and then ice cream. Not that she was ever eating healthy, I remember past videos of her bragging about eating and loving junk.

Before you come at me, I love food and adore trying new recipes and new places, but portions are still a thing. You don't have to try the entire in a restaurant all at once, you can go multiple times if you love it so much and order different meals every time.

You can love food and still have a healthy approach to it. None of what she posts on social media is setting a good example for younger people, not her eating habits, relationship advice and dating history, her working ethic etc. All bad.
I eat like tit and I'm slim cos I don't gain a lot of weight naturally. Let's not pretend that people make comments about Carrie's weight for any reason other how she looks. I agree that her response to negative criticism is terrible but that commenter is also a pretty awful person for writing that when they knew she would see it

Reactions: 50
On the contrary, Carrie is a lot like Thumper. Bunnies only "thump" when they are angry, it's the equivalent of her constant online tantrums

• Haha
Reactions: 14
I think they are getting negativity outside of Tattle as well. It has obviously rattled them as they are speaking to friends about it. I know it's just not primarily on here.
You’d think she’d take a hard self reflection if that’s the case. But it’s Carrie, and she only wants to hear people that lick her Doc Martins.

Reactions: 8
They're already overeating, the video of them at Flat iron was shocking. They had popcorn, steaks, 4 sides, 4 sauces and then ice cream. Not that she was ever eating healthy, I remember past videos of her bragging about eating and loving junk.

Before you come at me, I love food and adore trying new recipes and new places, but portions are still a thing. You don't have to try the entire in a restaurant all at once, you can go multiple times if you love it so much and order different meals every time.

You can love food and still have a healthy approach to it. None of what she posts on social media is setting a good example for younger people, not her eating habits, relationship advice and dating history, her working ethic etc. All bad.
Carrie's approach to food and fitness mirrors the black and white thinking she applies to the rest of her life. I feel like she thinks you either eat to the point of being stuffed and bloated every meal, or you have an eating disorder. At least with Pete I remember they would always take pics of going to the gym together, Oliver is definitely into fitness even if he doesn't post a ton about it. Joel and Carrie are going to encourage each other to live their worst lives and keep thinking in black and white

Reactions: 14
I personally have 2 ideas here:

- she's aware that she has a tit, arrogant and obnoxious personality and she thinks playing the victim will make her more likeable and down to earth

- she's constantly angry at her failed career, relationship, life in general and snapping at random people is a way to let some of that anger out; we've seen her lash out via DMs with some random people too so she clearly has a problem

My take on social media and fame: no, you don't get to only pick the good parts and whine about the bad and play the victim. This was your choice, you make loads of money from this, so shut up and suck it up.
Or you could completely get rid of social media keeping a private account with just your family and friends and stop being famous so no more meanie haters. But accept you will also have to stop reaping the benefits.

She's like a spoiled child that only wants to be told yes and how perfect she is and throws a tantrum anytime she's put in her place. Time to grow up, she is 30 and should start acting like an adult.
In that one Dear Tom & Gi video I posted in the last thread, she clearly feels inferior to Tom and his success. She kept on mentioning that before 30, he was married, had kids, and had however many singles before 21. And that meant he had lived a full life.

She’s obviously panicking now as she’s 30, and had a failed show and relationship all in the span of a few months. She’s only with Joel because he can get her back on track.

Reactions: 18
I eat like tit and I'm slim cos I don't gain a lot of weight naturally. Let's not pretend that people make comments about Carrie's weight for any reason other how she looks. I agree that her response to negative criticism is terrible but that commenter is also a pretty awful person for writing that when they knew she would see it
I think this is really important to say. We are all built differently. Let's not forget that Carrie is not built 'skinny' and even a few years ago people were calling her fat, yet her body ran a marathon.

Equally, she has to accept that she cannot control other people's opinions. She doesn't want anyone to say anything 'unkind' however that is subjective. Those people in her Disney reel where she was dancing on the bench were treated quite unkindly in the comments of her video, yet she didn't say anything about that.

I'll put it on the record that I don't give a damn about what you perceive is your 'fat' body Carrie, however your fat ego is repulsive. So bored of it!!!!!!

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Being overweight doesn’t make you a bad person. There’s so many other things to criticise them about than their weight.

For example, the way they react to a few negative comments vs the enormous amount of positive ones.

I agree that they should both limit comments on posts or at the very least limit story replies/DMs

Reactions: 36
It's in this one, if you can bear the shouting.

Watch it quick because as soon as she sees the post here and is reminded of it, she will probably hide/delete it.

This is horrific. Her "not like other girls" persona is so loud in this too, "I spent my lunch breaks reading and didn't want to go shoe shopping with my friends" So quirky and different!

Reactions: 33
So, I am definitely one of those people who thinks someone's body shape, size and weight is the least exciting or interesting thing about them. My body is very different to how it was when I was 16 - 25 even - for a variety of reasons that are of little importance to anyone but me.

Would I be hurt if someone said to me what they said to Carrie? 100%. Because it is personal, and you cannot change your body overnight even if you *want* to. So that person is absolutely a bellend for typing and sending those things - it's hardly necessary, and unlikely to make any kind of difference to the person reading it other than hurt/upset/possibly rage.

However.

I am pretty sure she posted that picture in a story, not a grid post, so the commentary could have only been shared via DM. So nobody would have been any the wiser; but she decided to share it. I get calling people out for being dicks in some ways, but I can't help but feel she is playing the martyr. Joke Montague too, with his 'so bored!!!!!' commentary. Carrie is clearly someone that needs reassurance, validation and positive communication at all times. Unfortunately, social media is not the place to find those things - it's not an echo chamber.

She keeps wittering on about being so happy aswell - the happiest she's ever been, in fact; but I wouldn't say any of her posts or stories are really coming across that way....

Reactions: 32
I think they posted that negative comment themselves just so she could make that post and to try and make tattle feel guilty !

Meanwhile Oliver is living his best life !
Exactly this
One person, just ONE in the sea of positivity on her feed sent her a PRIVATE message about their weight. Unlike Carrie not to out them to receive the hatefuls pile on.
We have no way of knowing whether this is Tattle person and as far as we know no one else has sent her a private message, so either:
She made it up to draw attention to the ‘hate’ she obviously reads here
Or
She highlighted it for attention and inevitable ego massage.

I think at this point I would’ve ignored it, blocked and moved on. Drawing attention to it drives people to search for more gossip. Why give the ‘troll’ oxygen by reposting it? I’m at a loss. Truly. It’s like the snake eating it’s tail at this stage.

Reactions: 16
She needs to find a new hairdresser. I know she has loyalty to the guy who does it but it’s a mess. I was with someone for years until one time my balayage was patchy af and one side was cut a good inch shorter than the other. Find someone who specifies in curls
This!! I’ve been saying this for years. The reason her hair looked so nice in that photo of her at 22 is because she was growing her hair out to donate to charity, and her hairdresser likely hadn’t touched it in years. As soon as he chopped it off, bam - Christmas-tree shaped (and has been that way ever since).

I know she likes the guy but he absolutely does not know how to cut curly hair. She used to have flattering layered bits around her face which was also by accident after being instructed to give Eponine bangs and they had to grow back out.

Just proves her hair could look fantastic again if she just let go of her romanticization of every aspect of her life, including “I’ve been going to the same hairdresser since I was 9! :) He makes me look like me!” when in reality he does her so dirty without meaning to.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Also, her hair - it definitely needs some love and affection, and better end products/styling materials. It's particularly important when your hair is coloured! I do think she utilises the epic side parting to make it appear thicker; I know people have commented on it before but I do think that's what it is. It maybe isn't as thick as it used to be, so throwing it all over to one side helps to add the 'illusion' of more hair.

Reactions: 9
That engagement picture really is atrocious and ages them both by decades. I bet Carrie is internally fuming that Joel set up a whole proposal with such crap lighting for pictures. Carrie's entire existence is based around pictures of herself that she can post online and one of the "happiest" moments of her life are the worst looking pictures of her.

Reactions: 12
The end of this 💀 like she’s looking into the future, from Joel’s POV when she finally sees some sense!

at lease she’s calling her self out tho on the bullying, we’ve ask dine similar as kids.

This is horrific. Her "not like other girls" persona is so loud in this too, "I spent my lunch breaks reading and didn't want to go shoe shopping with my friends" So quirky and different!

Reactions: 1
Sorry Lucie, we're not "jealous"
In Lucie's defence she will have heard a very tailored, biased, bullshit version from Joel with zero context.

Same as Leigh Francis/Keith Lemon. They won't have seen all of the Facebook screenshots and they won't know how ridiculous the Carrie/Joel showmance timeline is.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
🚨 New Joel catchphrase alert 🚨: SO BORING!!!!!!!
I can completely understand that comment on that particular photo of them both. It is a hideously unflattering photo of both of them, They look like that have fake pantomime chins

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.