Carrie Hope Fletcher #29 Where’s my career? It’s behind you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went back to see which photos she’s deleted of her and Oliver - why on earth has she kept up that bloody awful one of them as mermaids?! It’s that bad it makes me cackle.
I read the captions of some of the photos with him (or related to him) that she kept, and I mean... The way she talked about Oli vs how se talks about Joel... She still made it about herself, but "the person I adore behind the camera"...
Screenshot_20220725_193124.jpg

• Sad
Reactions: 24
Crabbie and Goyle eating some of the dodgy Hamilton sweets he begged for from strangers
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: 59
Honestly reading her responses to these q&a’s as someone who has followed her for a while feels like being gaslit at times haha. Constant contradiction, retconning and backtracking.
I feel the same way. I think it's because she always changes the story without ever properly explaining why. When she was with Alex she always emphasized how good of an effect he had had on her life, how she was lost but then he helped her find herself again. After that ended, it turns out he destroyed her self esteem. Then, all throughout her relationship with Pete she pushed the narrative that he was the perfect Disney prince love of her life, who rescued her from her disastrous, worst relationship of all time with Alex. After they broke up, however, Pete was suddenly her angry villainous boyfriend who she had a disastrous relationship with. I totally believe that their relationship was never as perfect as she tried to make it seem, but it was jarring that she never talked about why she apparently created such a false depiction of what that relationship had been like. Beyond that one comment when she explained that she used to compensate for the problems in her relationship with Pete by pretending they were the perfect couple on the internet. Then, with Oliver, she was finally in her first "really nice" relationship with the "really nice guy" that might actually lead to marriage. She didn't share as much about their relationship because she was finally content and didn't feel the need to prove anything. Except, now we find out that Joel is actually the first guy she's ever been on the same page with when it comes to plans about the future. Because it turns out that when she was saying her and Oliver might get married one day that was just false. And Joel is now actually the love of her life because they 'love out loud' and post each other constantly. So let's all just forget that her little posting with Oliver was supposed to be a sign that they were settled and happy, that's now not true. Now, constant posting is not a sign of insecurity anymore but a sign that she's found true love and is being herself.

It's a mess.

And she never explains whether she was actively lying to her audience about the way her relationships actually were when she was in them, or if she was just delusional, and why.

With every new relationship she just expects her fans to accept that this relationship is the real deal, her "actually" happy relationship with the real love of her life, and to just forget about the last time she told them to believe that. With every relationship she's finally being herself, unlike in her previous relationship. If she could actually honestly reflect on why she has this pattern of presenting an idealised depiction of her relationship only to reveal that that wasn't reality, then I could maybe believe her insistence that her relationship with Joel is the real deal now. Like, if she could be more reflective about what insecurities drive her to create these narratives on the internet and be in such a deep denial, and how she's worked on that, then she might be more convincing now. But at this point she's the boy who cried wolf to me.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
I read the captions of some of the photos with him (or related to him) that she kept, and I mean... The way she talked about Oli vs how se talks about Joel... She still made it about herself, but "the person I adore behind the camera"... View attachment 1445481
Didn’t Oliver meet his gf at Back to the Future? Makes this caption age even more badly.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 14
I feel the same way. I think it's because she always changes the story without ever properly explaining why. When she was with Alex she always emphasized how good of an effect he had had on her life, how she was lost but then he helped her find herself again. After that ended, it turns out he destroyed her self esteem. Then, all throughout her relationship with Pete she pushed the narrative that he was the perfect Disney prince love of her life, who rescued her from her disastrous, worst relationship of all time with Alex. After they broke up, however, Pete was suddenly her angry villainous boyfriend who she had a disastrous relationship with. I totally believe that their relationship was never as perfect as she tried to make it seem, but it was jarring that she never talked about why she apparently created such a false depiction of what that relationship had been like. Beyond that one comment when she explained that she used to compensate for the problems in her relationship with Pete by pretending they were the perfect couple on the internet. Then, with Oliver, she was finally in her first "really nice" relationship with the "really nice guy" that might actually lead to marriage. She didn't share as much about their relationship because she was finally content and didn't feel the need to prove anything. Except, now we find out that Joel is actually the first guy she's ever been on the same page with when it comes to plans about the future. Because it turns out that when she was saying her and Oliver might get married one day that was just false. And Joel is now actually the love of her life because they 'love out loud' and post each other constantly. So let's all just forget that her little posting with Oliver was supposed to be a sign that they were settled and happy, that's now not true. Now, constant posting is not a sign of insecurity anymore but a sign that she's found true love and is being herself.

It's a mess.

And she never explains whether she was actively lying to her audience about the way her relationships actually were when she was in them, or if she was just delusional, and why.

With every new relationship she just expects her fans to accept that this relationship is the real deal, her "actually" happy relationship with the real love of her life, and to just forget about the last time she told them to believe that. With every relationship she's finally being herself, unlike in her previous relationship. If she could actually honestly reflect on why she has this pattern of presenting an idealised depiction of her relationship only to reveal that that wasn't reality, then I could maybe believe her insistence that her relationship with Joel is the real deal now. Like, if she could be more reflective about what insecurities drive her to create these narratives on the internet and be in such a deep denial, and how she's worked on that, then she might be more convincing now. But at this point she's the boy who cried wolf to me.
I don’t think she is lying to her audience, I think she’s lying to herself so what she puts online is what she currently believes to be true. 🤷🏼‍♀️

Reactions: 27
Apropos of nothing, and there could be proof against it, Joel looks like the kind of man who eats dry white bread, turkey dinosaurs, and chips exclusively.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
I don’t think she is lying to her audience, I think she’s lying to herself so what she puts online is what she currently believes to be true. 🤷🏼‍♀️
Well yeah, me too. But since she's shown no signs of being self aware of that, or having really thought about why she lied to herself during her previous relationships, I see no reason to believe that she's currently telling the honest truth about her love life.

Reactions: 8
I read the captions of some of the photos with him (or related to him) that she kept, and I mean... The way she talked about Oli vs how se talks about Joel... She still made it about herself, but "the person I adore behind the camera"... View attachment 1445481

One of her worst pictures on that post.

Same time Oliver was in the cast of Back to the future with his current girlfriend.

Hi, hey, hello - it is I one of the commenters from Instagram.
Somehow I have come off completely unscathed in that my comment had not been deleted nor have I been blocked however the other person has? 👀 Very strange behaviour from the man child.

I stand by what I said. Pass me the bleach.

• Haha
Reactions: 35
Well yeah, me too. But since she's shown no signs of being self aware of that, or having really thought about why she lied to herself during her previous relationships, I see no reason to believe that she's currently telling the honest truth about her love life.
I think we’re saying the same thing, I honestly don’t think she knows who she is anymore but maybe that’s a consequence of being in constant relationships since she was 17? I totally agree that she’s putting on a front for social media and we’re not getting the honest story of how she feels

Reactions: 10
I think she definitely loved Oliver, more than he loved her, imo.

You can just tell that she's not over it, that's totally normal considering she was with him for over 5 years.

It's so blantant she's doing this tit to prove a point to Oliver that she's "over him" when this sort of behaviour, suggests the opposite.

I think partly the reason she's jumped straight into this shitshow with Joel is because she's lonely. It's quite obvious she doesn't have a lot of friends.

Like, I came out of a messy break up this time last year and only now I'm expressing interest in seeing someone now.

It's just sad that she can't just be on her own and throw her priorities into building friendships, etc.

I have a year on her, I don't understand the rush for babies and marriage.

She clearly knew this before she and Oliver began dating. I bet she thought she could change his mind hence the "blindsided" comment or perhaps, Oliver wanted to ed it for a lot longer than any of us have released but she dug her heels in because she was so head over heels in love with him.

Just my two cents

Reactions: 19
I was reading things about rebound relationships and GUYS. I have never seen things ring so true for ANYBODY before. Especially the signs it won't work. It's Crabbie and Goyle's relationship in a nutshell 😩

TRAITS OF A SERIAL REBOUNDER

rebound.png

SIGNS THE NEW RELATIONSHIP WILL NOT LAST

rebound 2.png

rebound 3.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
Carrie is yet to congratulate Lauren Byrne on her stories in getting Miss Honey - Cinderella co stars posting stories which Lauren is sharing Carries noticeably absent

EDIT never mind she’s commented on the post

Reactions: 3
I would love to know if Carrie auditioned for Miss Honey.
I’m willing to bet she did. I really don’t think this branching away from musical theatre is intentional, I reckon word got out that she’s a pain in the arse and ALW was only willing to back it up. You hear of actors being blacklisted, does this also happen in the MT world too?

Reactions: 19
I think she definitely loved Oliver, more than he loved her, imo.

You can just tell that she's not over it, that's totally normal considering she was with him for over 5 years.

It's so blantant she's doing this tit to prove a point to Oliver that she's "over him" when this sort of behaviour, suggests the opposite.

I think partly the reason she's jumped straight into this shitshow with Joel is because she's lonely. It's quite obvious she doesn't have a lot of friends.

Like, I came out of a messy break up this time last year and only now I'm expressing interest in seeing someone now.

It's just sad that she can't just be on her own and throw her priorities into building friendships, etc.

I have a year on her, I don't understand the rush for babies and marriage.

She clearly knew this before she and Oliver began dating. I bet she thought she could change his mind hence the "blindsided" comment or perhaps, Oliver wanted to ed it for a lot longer than any of us have released but she dug her heels in because she was so head over heels in love with him.

Just my two cents
Yea like she just seems like she honestly can't handle living alone in her house. It's understandable to enjoy being around other people, but moving a strange creepy man into your house after 2 weeks of dating isn't the solution. Like she could go sleep over at her parents' house a few nights a week until she feels better, I'm sure they wouldn't mind having her over

I’m willing to bet she did. I really don’t think this branching away from musical theatre is intentional, I reckon word got out that she’s a pain in the arse and ALW was only willing to back it up. You hear of actors being blacklisted, does this also happen in the MT world too?
She doesn't have the same stunt cast appeal now as she did before. Cinderella low sales aren't her fault, but now she can't point to her recent performance and say look how many butts we put into chairs because of my name

Reactions: 4
Screenshot_20220725-210149_Chrome.jpg

Whyyyyyy. Literally nothing was added from his first share of it. He's... sharing that somebody shared it? It's so weird and pathetic

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Someone should share a clip of Carrie talking about how weird it is for your family to see you kiss someone and then tag Joel. See if he reposts

• Haha
Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.