Carrie Hope Fletcher #29 Where’s my career? It’s behind you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Seems like people are starting to wake up to Joel’s creepiness …

Reactions: 15
Seems like people are starting to wake up to Joel’s creepiness …
If her fans turn against them will she step in? She craves the validation of her fans because she keeps posting... Who will buy tickets to her shows if Joel keeps upsetting them?! This is not only bad for her public image but her core income streams.

Fans eventually move on.

Reactions: 12
Whoever this was, you are the best 🙌
Apologies for potentially taking this far too seriously!! But this was quite a dangerous move in my opinion.
If it is true that Joel is an abuser and that Carrie is slowly being manipulated (I strongly disagree) then this is something that should be broached by loved ones in a safe environment for Carrie, not in such a public way by complete strangers.
You could be potentially pushing Carrie further into this relationship as it is no secret that abusers use any and all negative reactions toward them/relationships to their advantage.
In the early days of my abusive relationship my partner would turn any genuine concern outsiders had into "They are trying to cause a rift between us, do not listen to them" which I sadly gobbled up. It then made it very hard for me to hear my loved ones concerns later on and taught me to keep my fears and details of incidents to myself.
If Joel truly is how people perceive him to be then these type of comments will be turned into "They're just nasty haters from Tattle" and Carrie will not take them seriously, she already does not take on any genuine criticism from us! I worry that this will stop her being able to take on board any serious future concerns from us/her following.
If there is genuine concern I have no qualms that her family and real friends (Scott for example) will talk to her about them in a safe and controlled environment.

Apologies again for ranting x 💘 x

Reactions: 20
Pretty sure he’s deleted those last few comments already? I don’t see either of them.

Reactions: 9
Pretty sure he’s deleted those last few comments already? I don’t see either of them.
I think he has I can’t spot them. But he & carrie’s snarky replies are still up which just screams how much they’re on their phones

Reactions: 3
He's deleting them because he's scared of Carrie will notice all the red flags people have mentioned

Reactions: 20
I wondered how the hell there'd been about 5 new pages this morning... now I've caught up... wow.

Joel, creepy or not, weirdo or not, is just being unprofessional at this point. If you can't deal with a couple of negative comments online, at 35 years of age... there's something wrong. Just ignore the comments, or remove them and move on. Getting into arguments is just ridiculous.

Oh and Joel, you're welcome for the feedback x

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Already discussing big future plans (implying marriage, kids) after 2 months. Wow they're both so desperate to rush this
In fairness, it’s not necessarily a bad thing to put your cards on the table early in adult relationships. If you know you 100% want a family, it’s not fair on either of you to waste your time if the other person 100% doesn’t want kids. If done in a sensible and healthy way, talking about this is more about communication than desperation.

Reactions: 26
I really, truly hope I'm wrong about this. Poor Carrie, she deserves better.

In my totally uninformed and probably over-analysing opinion, I do wonder whether Joel is playing the game the best way he can in order to get in on Carrie's online fandom. I'm sure he's incredibly talented on his own merit, but it's no secret that having a large online following at least doesn't hurt in auditions, and Carrie has a ready-made and dedicated one, saving him work. There is a lot of crossover between Carrie and Disney fans, and he is playing out a fairytale ending with her-someone you barely know riding in, sweeping you off your feet, and being perfect for you without the work of slowly building trust and intimacy in a real relationship. Many of her fans are going to adore that whole narrative, because they can live vicariously through it, and believe that it might be possible for them. Those fans will quickly accept him, and go on to follow him too, the way they followed all of Carrie's exes. Then when he is up for roles, casting agents can research him, see the big numbers and engagement, and he can ride Carrie's tails all the way. It's awful to think that he might be using her like this, and I hope I'm wrong, I hope we're all wrong, but I think Carrie might be ignoring the signs out of fear of being single.

I don't know, I just get massive ick vibes from Joel. Not just red flags, but an entire Red Sea.

Reactions: 11
I really, truly hope I'm wrong about this. Poor Carrie, she deserves better.

In my totally uninformed and probably over-analysing opinion, I do wonder whether Joel is playing the game the best way he can in order to get in on Carrie's online fandom. I'm sure he's incredibly talented on his own merit, but it's no secret that having a large online following at least doesn't hurt in auditions, and Carrie has a ready-made and dedicated one, saving him work. There is a lot of crossover between Carrie and Disney fans, and he is playing out a fairytale ending with her-someone you barely know riding in, sweeping you off your feet, and being perfect for you without the work of slowly building trust and intimacy in a real relationship. Many of her fans are going to adore that whole narrative, because they can live vicariously through it, and believe that it might be possible for them. Those fans will quickly accept him, and go on to follow him too, the way they followed all of Carrie's exes. Then when he is up for roles, casting agents can research him, see the big numbers and engagement, and he can ride Carrie's tails all the way. It's awful to think that he might be using her like this, and I hope I'm wrong, I hope we're all wrong, but I think Carrie might be ignoring the signs out of fear of being single.

I don't know, I just get massive ick vibes from Joel. Not just red flags, but an entire Red Sea.
I don’t think he’s that calculating but I don’t doubt he’s loving the increased attention and praise. I think that’s reflected in him having such a strong reaction to the bad stuff, someone neutral and more mature just wouldn’t care or react either way.
I genuinely think he’s obsessed with her, to an unhealthy level IMO, but I think it’s as a girlfriend rather than a job opportunity.
I do agree that he’ll see the height of romance as going down on one knee in front of Cinderella’s castle and will then revel in the hopefuls fawning all over them both about their fairytale.
I genuinely couldn’t think of anything worse but to each their own.

Reactions: 9
35 year old Joel arguing with Carries fans who care enough about her to speak out is so pathetic. Maybe he's convinced himself all these people followed him because of his 2 minute role in Hamilton and not from dating Carrie

Reactions: 6
In April 2015, Fletcher released her first book, All I Know Now: Wonderings and Reflections on Growing Up Gracefully
Hey Carrie, may I recommend this book to you?

• Haha
Reactions: 19
I used to think people were too harsh about Carrie's Q&A answers, but after reading the DMs in the last thread and seeing how she talks privately to FANS, it's clear she's just an asshole. It makes me feel less bad about being on Tattle gossiping about her!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.