Carrie Hope Fletcher #29 Where’s my career? It’s behind you!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
He is so sensitive
I know we all want someone nice for Carrie but I’ll say it: Joel is pretty much a perfect match for her. The attention seeking, the snappiness towards commenters, the oversharing….I don’t care if he’s only started doing this since he’s been with Carrie but it seems to come natural to him, so I’d say they are perfect for each other.

Reactions: 25
At least we have our first thread name for Joel…

Joel Montague: Thanks for the feedback.

• Haha
Reactions: 86
Carrie looks uncomfortable every time he films her or kisses her

I thought that "skip to the good part" reel was very telling. She moved the camera so it was just her and essentially cut him out 🤣

She's too self centred to notice all the red flags when all she cares about is pretending she's happy without Oliver

Reactions: 9
I don't believe Joel is necessarily creepy, controlling, etc. and is rather just pretty annoying. I just don't think this level of emotional intensity is sustainable or healthy. Carrie was in a many year long relationship with Oliver and should be grieving the end of that and spending time with herself and putting her life back together. She's not doing any of those things.

My longest relationship was almost three years and after it ended I spent a full year grieving and going on one off dates and feeling lost and putting myself back together and briefly dating someone and ending that and changing jobs etc. And I still entered my current relationship with a fair few hang ups and things to still work through.

Her relationship with Joel is built on desperation to get back to being a member of a loved up, long term couple. I guarantee she slid into several people's DMs, he's just the one that stuck. Someone said in the last thread that rumor has it Panto was Carrie's backup plan if nothing else worked out for the fall/winter and isn't that really what Joel is too? A bid against emotional unemployment.

She is running away from whatever feelings she still has about Oliver and about their imagined future together.

I would say after things end with Joel all those repressed feelings will hit and she'll be grieving two relationships at once but let's be honest, she's probably going to marry Joel to avoid having to feel anything. Joel is not the love of her life, he is a stop gap against pain and I can't see their relationship being successful in the long term which is a pity because I think if she'd started dating him under different circumstances they'd be quite well suited for each other.

• Heart
Reactions: 32
The way he’s acting in those comments is genuinely concerning for a man of 35 who is somewhat of a ‘public figure’, why can’t he just ignore them?? Carrie and Joel’s whole shtick is live your life how you want etc. and yet they seem incredibly concerned by how other people perceive them… Does he ever respond to the people who praise him?? The constant fans claiming how much they love their love story and adore their PDA?? No, it’s the abundance (2 comments) of negativity, which, as mentioned, could just silently be deleted, but he has to make a big dramatic show of himself with childish comebacks. How cringey 😬

Reactions: 29
I don't believe Joel is necessarily creepy, controlling, etc. and is rather just pretty annoying.
I disagree. He films her to the point where she feels uncomfortable and asks him to stop. He asked her to film multiple videos of them kissing, and she said she wasn't sure why he was doing it

It wouldn't surprise me if Joel filmed those kissing videos to have a wank to when he's back home. I bet he secretly filmed them having sex

• Sick
  • Heart
Reactions: 20
He’s such a weirdo - his replies are so robotic as he clearly knows everyone is correct about what they’re saying! Good on the people who told him the truth! I sadly doubt the comments were deleted though - more like the person was blocked.

By the way…..thanks for the feedback 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14
A new ick unlocked for Joel : his comebacks to negative comments are so crap !!!!

like if you’re going to try and be sarky and funny back to negative comments , then that’s fine and his prerogative . But his comments are SO TERRIBLE 😅 … “thanks for your feedback” now triggers a physical reaction from me 🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 23
On some level, I hope he hasn’t read here. This thread would make him implode.

Carrie’s getting a fairly easy time of it though as she’s being entirely pushed into the background, which I just don’t think she’ll stand for long term. I reckon she thought he’d be the perfect backdrop boyfriend but he’s really taking over now. I don’t think there is room for more than one star in any of her relationships and she’s certainly not going to be happy being spoken for long term.

(Personal ick of mine, men that speak/act on behalf of their women. My MIL once told me that I should let my husband hand over the card to pay at dinner even though it was my treat- hard no from both of us thank god!)

Reactions: 17
I disagree. He films her to the point where she feels uncomfortable and asks him to stop. He asked her to film multiple videos of them kissing, and she said she wasn't sure why he was doing it

It wouldn't surprise me if Joel filmed those kissing videos to have a wank to when he's back home. I bet he secretly filmed them having sex
I agree that Joel is being a bit creepy and over the top...but I don't believe she didn't know why he was doing it!
If my partner insisted on filming us kissing but not telling me why, we would be having words and I certainly wouldnt go on doing it without an explanation!
I think this is Carrie trying to play into some sort of "oh it's so romantic" narrative!

...and if she genuinely didn't know, someone needs to speak to them both about consent!

Reactions: 9
Joel must've thought being with Carrie would be great for his career but it's done the opposite imo. It's brought out the worst in him. His Instagram seemed professional before. He gets his very first girlfriend and does a 180

Reactions: 8
Savage 💀 He'll go apoplectic at this
“an arguably questionable choice” oh my god !!! Savage !!!!

I think we already know Joe(l)’s response :

“thanks for your mean and inessential feedback , negative Nancy”

• Haha
Reactions: 28
It doesn't look like there's any men Carrie would be interested in pursuing in the panto so Joel's safe for now

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Why does he insist on replying?? No matter how good his comebacks (which they're not), he'll inevitably look desperate and insecure.

Reactions: 26
Savage 💀 He'll go apoplectic at this
He’s triggered incase Carrie actually starts taking the comments on board and realises how creepy he is. Lin Manuel should be having a word and telling him to shut the duck up and keep his personal life personal

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.