Carrie Hope Fletcher #27 Live, Laugh, Love Out Loud

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Can’t get over how his annoyance over the Disney trip shines through in his awful caption. Oh you finally got her to yourself?! My dude, you’ve been together for 3 minutes, chill! Omg

The possessiveness really is bordering on the creepy side. Until now I’ve refrained from calling it that because I thought it was just ridiculous or weird or his social media incompetence.
If Carrie really sees this is supportive boyfriend behavior and encourages him…then I’m not sure which one of these two has a bigger problem :/
It's like he's feeling disrespected that she went on holiday with her family. So odd.

I think that because Oli wasn't outwardly supportive (at least what we observed from SM), she's forgotten or doesn't know what a healthy supportive boyfriend should look like. Or she absolutely loves him kissing the ground she walks on as it fuels her ego? Idk

Reactions: 16
I cannot speak for everyone, of course, but I have a friend who is significantly more wealthy than I am, and she used to travel maybe 4 times in one year before the pandemic. I myself saved all my vacation days and split them into two, off-season trips. 😅 I suppose that if traveling is of any interest to a person, they would try their best to do it as often as they could afford, especially in a place like Europe, where in some cases, you can see three countries in a day.
I have quite a few friends who go to Paris or other places in Europe lot but I live near the Eurostar and an airport so they book when ever there’s cheap deals on

It’s interesting that most of us don’t really like Carrie or find her incredibly irritating, but almost all of us are worried for her in this relationship and find Joel’s behaviour really concerning.
I couldn’t put this better myself

Reactions: 3
What strikes me as odd is that yes, while she is a public figure, some aspects of her life are out there for everyone to see, she seems so adamant about posting everything that goes on in her private life. Didn't she once say that she has limits to how much of her life she shares? Since Joel, she seems to share too much. Was she alwaya like this, though, and I just forgot, or is this a trend she started when she got together with him?

Reactions: 14
People have said some intelligent things about how creepy and possessive Joel is being.

I just wanted to say visible Hollister logos on adult men is one of my icks 🤢😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 29
Well, if we’re to believe Carrie, then she’s also happier than ever before, with the best man she’s ever met, someone she’s had a crush on for years. So maybe they both won :D (Carrie is most likely lying but let’s pretend she’s not haha)

• Haha
Reactions: 22
Good Lord, the difference is uncanny. I still have no clue why he stayed for five years when he could’ve been that happy with someone else.
Personally I think he checked out after Addams family and then Covid Hit so he needed a place to stay for two and a half years

• Angry
Reactions: 10
Do you think her cockney accent will be better or worse than her American accent?
I think she'd be fine. She has a fairly neutral accent, but there's definitely a bit of London in there sometimes. I would think it would be far easier for her to learn a Cockney accent than something very different.

Personally I think he checked out after Addams family and then Covid Hit so he needed a place to stay for two and a half years
Me too. I know a lot of people don’t like this interpretation but it’s what fits best imo. They had their fun on tour, continued seeing each other casually after. He realised the comfort and convenience of having a base in London rent free and they fell into a relationship. He obviously liked her but I think the practical convenience of being with her was the determining factor.

He got to live very comfortably through her for years while he built his career and established himself. It’s no coincidence at all that he finally found the drive to leave her after he was settled and secured in a high profile well paying gig.

• Angry
Reactions: 11
Me too. I know a lot of people don’t like this interpretation but it’s what fits best imo. They had their fun on tour, continued seeing each other casually after. He realised the comfort and convenience of having a base in London rent free and they fell into a relationship. He obviously liked her but I think the practical convenience of being with her was the determining factor.

He got to live very comfortably through her for years while he built his career and established himself. It’s no coincidence at all that he finally found the drive to leave her after he was settled and secured in a high profile well paying gig.
Almost makes it sound as if he wouldn't need to do that much acting for Hans then.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 15

For all we know he might have suggested they sell her house and buy one together so he didn’t always feel like the lodger but she refused 🤷‍♀️
Oliver doesn’t seem to share as much as Carrie so we don’t know why he stayed or why he left.

Reactions: 10
The trains do make it easier! When I went to London, I couldn't believe how fast and easy (though expensive) it was to get to Paris via the Eurostar.

Off-topic but if you live in the EU or the UK, do people (minus Carrie LOL) take quick weekend trips to different countries frequently? With countries the size of some US states and high-speed trains, it must be really easy to travel and see a variety of things without everything being so spread out!
I live in central Spain and I can easily go spend the weekend to Portugal, it would be a very similar trip as if I went to Valencia. But I couldn't go anywhere else, I think Europeans being able to travel to other countries just like that is a very American concept that isn't always true.

Back to Karen and Joe(L)... I can't say much that haven't been said already, just like the rest of you I hope he tones the intensity down or that she open her eyes and sets boundaries.

Reactions: 8
Joe comes across as someone who doesn't know how to authentically show up in an adult romantic relationship so he's playing up a character he's pieced together from various movies, shows, etc. He comes across as so insecure about himself and this relationship that he hasn't been able to just let it all grow organically and instead is shoving years worth of meaning into a few short weeks.

And Carrie comes across as...at least I'm not single! My life is a fairytale! I'm soooo over my ex!

Reactions: 32
To be honest the part of me that watches her the same way one watches a train wreck would love to see a Croatia proposal

• Haha
Reactions: 20
I think she'd be fine. She has a fairly neutral accent, but there's definitely a bit of London in there sometimes. I would think it would be far easier for her to learn a Cockney accent than something very different.
As someone with an actual American accent I just can't forgive her for her accent in Addams and Heathers. The most nasally Kermit the Frog impression I've ever heard. She puts WAY too much emphasis on her "r's", I was borderline offended she actually thought we sound like that lol. It was so painful I actually thought she was doing a joke voice for most of it until I realized that was just her acting.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Ok, I’ll be the odd one out and say I personally think that’s one of the few nicer photos of them together we’ve seen. Relaxed faces, not OTT, etc. They both look tired, but otherwise relatively normal.

Reactions: 8
Ok, I’ll be the odd one out and say I personally think that’s one of the few nicer photos of them together we’ve seen. Relaxed faces, not OTT, etc. They both look tired, but otherwise relatively normal.
Yeah, I see what you mean. His caption though🤢🤢

Good Lord, the difference is uncanny. I still have no clue why he stayed for five years when he could’ve been that happy with someone else.
Yeah, it wasn’t fair too either of them. I just don’t get why he stayed for as long as he did, he never seemed fully invested or interested in their relationship,and five years is a LONG time, and he even moved in and lived with her. Just bizarre to me.🤦🏻‍♀️

Yeah, it wasn’t fair too either of them. I just don’t get why he stayed for as long as he did, he never seemed fully invested or interested in their relationship, and five years is a LONG time, and he even moved in and lived with her. Just bizarre to me.🤦🏻‍♀️

Yeah, it wasn’t fair too either of them. I just don’t get why he stayed for as long as he did, he never seemed fully invested or interested in their relationship,and five years is a LONG time, and he even moved in and lived with her. Just bizarre to me.🤦🏻‍♀️
Also, just too clarify I’m not bullying Oliver or anything, just saying I don’t get why he stayed with her for so long and that their relationship was always bizarre to me is all.🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.