Carrie Hope Fletcher #21 Sun's out, tongues out, Cinders Luck has run out!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
That post certainly reads as though it’s hinting at a Chess revival. That said, unless I’m just old and have got my dates mixed up, I was pretty sure they did a Chess revival fairly recently? A year or so before covid, think it was a limited run at the London Coliseum??
Yes, with Michael Ball and Cassidy Janson, and it was fantastic, was impossible to get tickets by the end of the run once word of mouth had got about. I went about four times, despite Alexandra Burke being there to butcher I Know Him So Well every night. I would very much welcome a return of Chess although it would have to be very very good to live up to that ENO production, and come with full orchestra like that had, not a tiny band.

Reactions: 3
She just doesn’t have star quality IMO. I wouldn’t go to see a show just because she was in it , but I
Would other actors. I did see her in Les Mis in Dec 2020 when there was a very brief window of theatre during the pandemic , she was good but she was with other theatre names that were much more impressive than hers. Sadly, Cinderella was doomed from the start. Carrie reminds of a reality show winner rather than a natural actress that was born to be on stage.
I work in a local theatre and 90% of the time, the best productions are the ones with unknown people in!

Reactions: 9
Oooh it would definitely be interesting to see her in something completely new like The Queen’s Gambit but I’m not sure it’s necessarily her vibe?? Outside of Les Mis she’s gone for more comedic shows recently: Addams, Heathers, Cinderella… I wouldn’t say she’s even a comedic performer but this could be a weird shift, no?? I’m just so bored of all the Cinderella content, and it was never as enjoyable as her previous roles, it would be nice to see her involved in a brand new production. Colour me interested 👀

Reactions: 4
Oooh it would definitely be interesting to see her in something completely new like The Queen’s Gambit but I’m not sure it’s necessarily her vibe?? Outside of Les Mis she’s gone for more comedic shows recently: Addams, Heathers, Cinderella… I wouldn’t say she’s even a comedic performer but this could be a weird shift, no?? I’m just so bored of all the Cinderella content, and it was never as enjoyable as her previous roles, it would be nice to see her involved in a brand new production. Colour me interested 👀
Carrie seems bored of Cinderella too 🤣

Despite myself I am intrigued as to what is next. She did mention in a comment on Instagram that she has no plans after Cinderella, unless that isn't entirely the truth?

• Haha
Reactions: 5

Despite myself I am intrigued as to what is next. She did mention in a comment on Instagram that she has no plans after Cinderella, unless that isn't entirely the truth?
Yeah, she said she’s auditioning and seeing what happens. But maybe she couldn’t say she has a part in something else, maybe she was told she had to wait for the announcement. I am also very intrigued!

Tbh I think she’s bored as well! Normally we have all the day to day vlogs of what she’s up to. Show days. Book days etc… it all just seems a bit flat now!

I’ve seen a few people post the same thing on Twitter, and Theatre Fan/Shaun Tossell (sorry, no idea who he is, it was just retweeted onto my timeline) has said “who said it was only just one thing 😉” which suggests it a few announcements.

People are guessing Chess, Everyone’s Talking about Jamie (apparently it’s not this), and Tick Tick Boom

Reactions: 4
Meh so Theatre Royal Drury Lane have tweeted the same thing as every man and his dog.

So think about it for a moment, is Frozen disappearing from there any time soon? No don't think so.

So if Drury Lane is the venue for whatever it is, it's going to have to fit into Mondays or whatever day of the week that Frozen doesn't perform. And have very little in the way of set or lighting since the wings are full of moving bridges and ice castles and flying Elsa dresses and spare Olaf costumes.

So whatever it is cannot therefore be anything huge can it.

But yea, being at Drury Lane, might mean Miss Fletcher can find the spare Olaf costume and finally try it on for size?

• Haha
Reactions: 12

She said she had a couple of bits and pieces but no long contract lined up. So it’s most likely workshops and concerts that she’s got in her schedule (like the Ahrens and Flaherty concert).

Reactions: 1
Is it this?
I don’t think so because a few of the performers sharing the same post as her are not shown on here and they would be high profile. I think something else as well.

Time to update the headshot I think.
Does look out of place!

My best guess is something to do with treason the musical coming up

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
The concert is a one night only thing. There have been other one offs in that theatre.

I feel like there is something bigger that they are dropping "clues" for

I don’t know what the cryptic emojis are about probabaly something to do with the workshop she’s been doing. I find it funny how Cinderella isn’t next to her name instead it’s Heathers in that article about the concert, she really doesn't want to be associated with that awful show 😂
83A0CA14-76FA-4A96-A762-F7F4E83C2FE3.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 9
They did a big chess revival and it was filmed with big names such as Idina Menzel, Adam Pascal, Josh Groban & Kerry Ellis so I’m really hoping it’s not that! I don’t want one of my favourite musicals murdered!
Was just coming to say that
Please not Chess just no
And if her voice is wrecked doing an easy sing like Cinderella imagine the vocal gymnastics of stuff like Endgame in Chess

I’ve seen a few people post the same thing on Twitter, and Theatre Fan/Shaun Tossell (sorry, no idea who he is, it was just retweeted onto my timeline) has said “who said it was only just one thing 😉” which suggests it a few announcements.

People are guessing Chess, Everyone’s Talking about Jamie (apparently it’s not this), and Tick Tick Boom
TICK TICK BOOM JUST NO
give her Miss Hedge by all means but leave Chess alone

Time to update the headshot I think.
Yeah, the black and white plus the hand in front of her face makes it look off. Also there's something about that pose that gives off the mumsy/'headteacher on LinkedIn' vibes rather than 'west end actress' 😅

Reactions: 1
Was just coming to say that
Please not Chess just no
And if her voice is wrecked doing an easy sing like Cinderella imagine the vocal gymnastics of stuff like Endgame in Chess

TICK TICK BOOM JUST NO
give her Miss Hedge by all means but leave Chess alone
Nah you have to be able to vogue and wear stiletto heels for Miss Hedge. Carrie can’t dance for tit 😂

• Haha
At least three of the people who posted the hashtag are/were involved with Treason the Musical, and that works with the explosion emoji so im guessing that

Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.