Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

TechnicallyNo

VIP Member
New thread title

Ollie’s flat, Cinders Spat, Summer’s hat, Carrie’s tatt,

Kinda sums up this past few crazy weeks

• Haha
Reactions: 55

LaBlonde

VIP Member
As everyone has said........called it! The show was doomed from the start. ALW is out if touch with today's audience. Look at all of his productions of late. This ship has been sinking and the money pit rapidly emptied!

The fault here lies mainly with ALW, but CHF has to take some reposnsibiluty here. The unprofessionalism around this production has been rife from the outset. The constant posting of the finale, which should be reserved for the audience in the building, the constant posting from backstage (destroying the illusion between audience and character) .
i hate defending carrie but this seems unfair - i can’t see how she can or should take responsibility for a show closing. she’s not the most professional or gifted performer in the world, we all know that, but she’s also not the only one who posts clips of her bows or clips from backstage. those two things aren’t going to impact a show closure.

the only single person who should take the blame here is alw: the show was extremely dated in the current musical climate, excessive rewrites were needed that never happened, he seemed to give up on it at some point towards the end of last year, randomly closed it for weeks at the start of this year, poor marketing, initial opening affected by covid etc etc.

maybe carrie knew early, we’ll probably never know. but i don’t think the closure should be put on her shoulders.

Reactions: 51

TechnicallyNo

VIP Member
God there’s been so much tea spilt since Sunday it’s a wonder we’ve all not washed away and floated down Shaftesbury Ave

• Haha
Reactions: 49

Queens

This tweet made me lol and remember how twisted the elimination part of his TV shows were

2B96FA2E-0E3C-4038-A93F-A1FA19A74698.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 48

sixback

Haven't seen anyone mentioning this, but you have to feel bad for the orchestra too. They were most likely staying on for the new contract and they get such little public support because they're less visible than the actors.

Reactions: 48

notatrolllol

Chatty Member
“Someone has hacked into my Disney plus and watched first 3 eps of Moonknight” sounds like Oliver still had the password and tried his luck to me

• Haha
Reactions: 47

lhs

What's wrong with just believing her for once? Honestly, she has her issues and questionable behaviour, but in this case, I think she's been handled just like the rest of the cast, and she wouldn't go out and say she didn't know when she did. Sometimes we need to put down the fake detective hats and just realise she's not as manipulative as everyone thinks she is. Not when it comes to this, anyway.

Reactions: 42

Kacedia

The snarker in me hopes they all start throwing each other under the bus and there’s a full on mutiny against ALW for this trash of a musical.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41

DigiDuino

I don't understand how the media twists things and people still believe it.
The cast havent been sacked and left with no job. The show is closing in June.
This happens when a show isn't doing well.
I have worked in theatre and worked for Andrew lloyd webber and know the ins and outs.
The cast would have been told before the media. Its then up to the cast to read their emails or listen to voicemails from agents/work.
If they haven't before the press reported it then that's their own fault. I can imagine Carrie not bothering to keep updated because she thinks she's above everyone.

If the show weren't doing what was expected then why carry on with it making a loss.
The show wasn't great in terms of her voice, her attitude to the show. The fact that it's not Cinderella as people would expect but a woke version to keep up with current affairs. Which if its not broke don't fix it springs to mind.

I'm sick of Carrie thinking she's the top, she's not. Her attitude is disgraceful. She's very ungrateful and there are thousand of people who would love to be in her shoes but she resents what she's doing.

Rant over!! Apologies!
New cast members had already been hired to begin in July so they have been 'sacked and left with no job'. 'Technically' that may not be the case, but practically it very much is. Summer Strallen, and I'm sure many others, have turned down jobs for this one.

Cast members have already said that it was a bank holiday Sunday, and their agents weren't working, therefore they didn't have any notice. How on earth is that possibly their fault?

• Heart
Reactions: 39

sixback

Slightly off topic but Summer Strallen's boyfriend is a walking red flag. Arrogant, angry man. Summer is the one who's been screwed over but he's basically shouting at her whenever she tries to make herself feel better.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 38

Alice_Taylorx

"Tulip Winters lives with her best friend Allison Wonderland and is trying to catch the eye of the handsome Simon Says"
Tulip works at a vintage shop and can afford to live in a two bedroom flat in London on this salary. She has a secret power, whenever she tries on old consignment clothes from her shop, she can feel the emotions of the people from the past who previously owned the clothing and gets glimpses of their past lives in her dreams. The book flashes perspective intermittently to the original owner of the shop in the 1920s, Carrilyn Somersault, and her secret lover James Muscovado who headlines the local cabaret bar down the street. Simon Says buys James Muscovado's original tux from Tulip's shop. He's handsome and *kind* and that's basically all we need to know about him. His own life, past and interests don't factor into the book at all.

Also Allison Wonderland is gay and sassy and exists solely in the book to talk about how great and *KIND* Tulip is. She just broke up with her girlfriend but who cares.

(I'm bored at work)

• Haha
Reactions: 38

TheChicagoPiano

I understand that theatre is cutthroat but really this is/was just so much more brutal than it needed to be. Saying this is what the actors “signed up for” in the industry i think is unfair - that’s like saying taking a waitressing job you sign up to have people be rude to you because you signed up for a public facing job - it happens buts it’s horrible and unnecessary, and deserves some sympathy. Especially for the young graduates, in their early twenties, who haven’t experienced anything like this before and would’ve been ecstatic to have landed a job so early in their career. Just because the industry has the capacity to be like this doesn’t mean it has to, or that it’s not unpleasant for those involved.

• Heart
Reactions: 37