Carrie Hope Fletcher #20 No Grammy, dresses like your Granny, backstage dry-humping is uncanny

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Butterflies make a chrysalis, not a cocoon...

When my cousin and his long term girlfriend broke up they issued a "joint statement" (their words) on Facebook that was the biggest pile of wank I've ever seen, talking about "conscious uncoupling", "our legion of friends and family around the world", and talking about their dog as if he were a child.
Is your cousin Chris Martin? 😄

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I feel that her relationships with ‘abusers’ were a long time ago now. Time to move on and take responsibility for her own actions in her more recent relationship with Oliver.
Don’t forget with Pete we only ever heard her side and as we know she has a tendency to embellish/be over dramatic.
I think going forward any man would be wise to approach with caution for fear of being dragged in print. Even If Carrie’s book ends up In a bargain bin and eventually pulped Google has a loooooong memory

Reactions: 5
I feel that her relationships with ‘abusers’ were a long time ago now. Time to move on and take responsibility for your own actions in her more recent relationship with Oliver.
Don’t forget with Pete we only ever heard her side and as we know she has a tendency to embellish/be over dramatic.
I think going forward any man would be wise to approach with caution for fear of being dragged in print. If Carrie’s book end up I. A bargain bin and eventually pulped Google has a loooooong memory
Don’t think she’s accused Oliver of abuse unless i’ve missed something and I do agree she shouldn’t have spoke about the Pete experience in the way that she did, only clarifying it in youtube comments. However abuse is traumatic so i don’t expect it to not effect her still - I’m still affected by trauma from very early childhood. I’m sure her experiences with Alex and Pete do affect the way she approaches relationships, however it’s about how you tackle that. You need to be self-aware and realise the negative impacts of your own past and your own actions and then commit to trying to make them better - I don’t think she has the self awareness required.

Reactions: 12
Don’t think she’s accused Oliver of abuse unless i’ve missed something and I do agree she shouldn’t have spoke about the Pete experience in the way that she did, only clarifying it in youtube comments. However abuse is traumatic so i don’t expect it to not effect her still - I’m still affected by trauma from very early childhood. I’m sure her experiences with Alex and Pete do affect the way she approaches relationships, however it’s about how you tackle that. You need to be self-aware and realise the negative impacts of your own past and your own actions and then commit to trying to make them better - I don’t think she has the self awareness required.
Yes just to clarify I didn’t mean Oliver.
I just meant how she handled the whole alluding to abuse with Pete.
There is definitely a power imbalance with her able to drag her exes in the public eye with little recourse

I think the fact she has carried on today as if nothing happened is very telling.
It strikes me she is in a bubble of affirmation from Yes Friends.
In what world (other than the micro luvvie world of the west end) would anyone advise their friend that Instagram post was a good idea????
The west end is such a small community. Oliver must have friends there too. I wonder what everyone is making of it??
Summer Strallen obviously pulled a Tory trick when announcing her own break up. Announce it on a day when everyone is loosing their tit over someone’s else’s 😂

....maybe this is cue for a Summer/Oliver reunion?

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
I agree, if Carrie is really concerned about marriage/kids due to her age it might not be a good idea for her to be dragging up exes now and trying to make Oliver look bad. Men won't want to settle down with someone that's going to treat them like that, especially if she wants to settle down with another musician or West End performer as it's such a small world

Is your cousin Chris Martin? 😄
Sadly not, he'd evidently been taking a few notes though!

Reactions: 1
Summer Strallen obviously pulled a Tory trick when announcing her own break up. Announce it on a day when everyone is loosing their tit over someone’s else’s 😂

....maybe this is cue for a Summer/Oliver reunion?
That post from Summer was about her breakup with Oliver I think (it was April 2017). Though I’ve just scrolled back and Oliver has “liked” it. I think Summer has a partner now?

Reactions: 2
When my cousin and his long term girlfriend broke up they issued a "joint statement" (their words) on Facebook that was the biggest pile of wank I've ever seen, talking about "conscious uncoupling", "our legion of friends and family around the world", and talking about their dog as if he were a child. Even that would be an improvement on Carrie, they talked a lot about supposedly growing apart and how it was no one's fault etc. whereas she always has to play the blame game
Is your cousin Gwynneth or Chris? 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 1
That post from Summer was about her breakup with Oliver I think (it was April 2017). Though I’ve just scrolled back and Oliver has “liked” it. I think Summer has a partner now?
Ahhhh
Get you.
Much more dignified if a bit hippy dippy.
The fact he’s liked it says that it was amicable I guess

Reactions: 4
The abuse chat on here has saddened me. It is no one’s place to determine what is or isn’t abuse when it comes to someone’s personal experience. Criticise Carrie all we want for the genuine bad things she does and the way she publicly speaks about those things sure, but we don’t have the right to say something isn’t abuse. From experience abuse can be words. It can be a threatening look. Is it often physical violence, yes. But it’s not just that .

EDIT: Also destroying someone’s property is abusive behaviour.
I personally dont agree with blaming her for the break up and saying olived had enough of her, sometimes I feel, and that's just my opinion you don't have to agree, that we are edging a bit too close to misogynistic discourse

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I personally dont agree with blaming her for the break up and saying olived had enough of her, sometimes I feel, and that's just my opinion you don't have to agree, that we are edging a bit too close to misogynistic discourse
This is so true - we have no idea what led to the break up, it's pure speculation, no-one knows what truly goes on in a relatiionship other than the two involved. Equally this is why I wish Carrie wouldn't use social media to overshare/seek sympathy - it only backfires on her and then she gets a backlash - just keep quiet about the break up altogther Carrie! Her last posts about running and general stuff are much better.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
My apologies for taking the thread off course with the conversation of abuse. My questions were based off of a conversation I had with a friend where they described what I thought sounded like an abusive relationship but they decided his mental health was to blame and therefore she didn’t consider it to be abusive. There is definitely a grey line I have uncovered where one persons individual feelings and experiences comes in to play. Thank you to the users who educated me and didn’t belittle me for what could be considered a bit of a stupid question. I have no personal experience of abuse myself and wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. Only Carrie and Pete know exactly what happened in their relationship, we can judge her for how she revealed it (indirect and hidden posts in her own comment section which led to speculation which she hasn’t addressed since), but I never want to assume anything in regards to their relationship. Even though they presented as a happy and healthy couple online, none of us know what happened behind closed doors. The fact that Pete did admit to going through anger management classes does tell us that Carrie wasn’t lying about everything. She just told people about it in a really crappy way. If she wanted to address it she should have done it properly- in a blog post or video with sources, research and links to charities that can help people. Not slagging off her ex in a reply to a fan and then not bringing it up again. Again, sorry for taking the thread sideways and let’s move on shall we?

Reactions: 11
I remember reading the Carrie excerpts from Alex Day’s stupid book years ago (from a free upload, he wasn’t getting any money off me haha). He didn’t mention her by name but it was very obvious to anyone who knows them that it was about her. And he wrote specifically about Carries tendency to search her own name (not even tagged tweets but just tweets with her name in) and get into arguments with the people who disagreed with/didn’t like her.

He made an interesting point that from Carries perspective, these aren’t just people with their own valid opinions or perspectives. They are people who are simply wrong and need her to step in and correct them on their misunderstanding. Anyone who disagrees with her or doesn’t like her is simply confused or misguided. And however many years later -she hasn’t changed. It’s fascinating to watch tbh.

I honestly think Carrie doesn’t believe that other people are as complex and multilayered as she is. That no one else has their own thoughts and feelings independent to her own narrow keyhole view of the world. Again I’ve said it before but she has one of the worst cases of ‘main character syndrome’ that I’ve ever seen. Look at this tit show she’s created with her latest silly self serving public post? Did she think about how her colleagues would feel? Or how awkward it is for Oliver to keep constantly getting dragged into things when she mentions her Agonisingggg dumping for the umpteenth time?

I might have to just switch off and disengage with her entirely. It’s starting to feel like watching a car crash. It’s concerning to think what she might say/do next. As much as she wants to act like it’s healthy and natural to process this break up the way she is, I couldn’t agree less. We live in an era (and ofcourse influencers are the most egregious example of this) where it’s considered a virtue to constantly over share and be super Open and Transparent about every facet of our lives. In this case I think going the old fashioned route and maintaining a dignified silence is what she needs to do. She’s being pathetic and manipulative imo and I’ve rapidly lost sympathy.

Reactions: 29
Even in the current era of oversharing etc. Carrie takes it way too far. Her breakups, her relationships, her insecurities, TMI (talking about peeing or feeling sick), information that could risk her safety (sharing her exact location or where she will be staying on tour) ... it's ALL out there, forever. Would she advise someone else to post this stuff online? Would she want to see it on her own feed? If not, why not? The fact she has a finsta indicates she does have some tenuous grasp of what should and shouldn't be public yet she steamrollers over any sense of what's appropriate

Reactions: 6
Oliver answering in the best way possible. Living his best life. He’s off on his hols ✈☀🕶

Reactions: 14
When my cousin and his long term girlfriend broke up they issued a "joint statement" (their words) on Facebook that was the biggest pile of wank I've ever seen, talking about "conscious uncoupling", "our legion of friends and family around the world", and talking about their dog as if he were a child. Even that would be an improvement on Carrie, they talked a lot about supposedly growing apart and how it was no one's fault etc. whereas she always has to play the blame game
Biggest pile of wank💀💀😂🤣

Equally though its wrong to just assume the blame is always on the male end. I've seen several male friends be treated appallingly and one borderline traumatised by his female ex. Toxicity can come from anyone. And Carrie certainly sometimes suggests some troubling behaviour/attitudes at times which are in the public domain which raise cause for discussion. Thats what happens when you put all your life out there for public consumption. But like others say in the end we never know the real reasons one way or another

Reactions: 18
My apologies for taking the thread off course with the conversation of abuse. My questions were based off of a conversation I had with a friend where they described what I thought sounded like an abusive relationship but they decided his mental health was to blame and therefore she didn’t consider it to be abusive. There is definitely a grey line I have uncovered where one persons individual feelings and experiences comes in to play. Thank you to the users who educated me and didn’t belittle me for what could be considered a bit of a stupid question. I have no personal experience of abuse myself and wouldn’t wish it on my worst enemy. Only Carrie and Pete know exactly what happened in their relationship, we can judge her for how she revealed it (indirect and hidden posts in her own comment section which led to speculation which she hasn’t addressed since), but I never want to assume anything in regards to their relationship. Even though they presented as a happy and healthy couple online, none of us know what happened behind closed doors. The fact that Pete did admit to going through anger management classes does tell us that Carrie wasn’t lying about everything. She just told people about it in a really crappy way. If she wanted to address it she should have done it properly- in a blog post or video with sources, research and links to charities that can help people. Not slagging off her ex in a reply to a fan and then not bringing it up again. Again, sorry for taking the thread sideways and let’s move on shall we?
I felt you raised a good point

Reactions: 2
It seems to me that she is approaching 30 yet still posts on social media like a dramatic, attention seeking 13 year old. It's always look at me! Poor me! Look at me! Poor me! Aren't I amazing?! Look at me!
As other posters have said, she hardly ever seems to suggest she has some part in things going wrong. The whole Cinderella friction is probably 80% her doing, and 20% ALW and I can't help thinking her castmastes have been whipped up into it.
Re: Oliver, it seems she thought he was fine for 5 years so I don't think he was terrible, he's likely got tired of the relationship and DONE HER A FAVOUR by calling time on it so they can ultimately be happier in the long run. She needs to let go (publically at least) because she is making a fool of herself as per the DM article.
She's really not as clever or as good as she thinks she is.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.