Carrie Hope Fletcher #11 I know i have a career because I was #Gifted it

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Sorry if this has already been brought up, I've missed a few days worth of pages!

Shouldn't all these posts about her Joanie range be declared as ads? I'm 99% sure she hasn't "designed" and modelled these clothes for free, so it's a brand paying her and thus isn't it an ad? Pretty sure this breaks ASA rules.
Yeah, it's a pretty blatant breach of the rules. I've just complained to the ASA, others can do the same here.

Reactions: 4
But yeah, there's no way Carrie will go to Broadway, I think she can't? I'm not sure how it works for foreign actors to get a job on Broadway.
foreign actors on bway seems to be like any job abroad where you need a work visa, eg when in 2018 cursed child went to bway and 7 actors from the westend cast were paid to go to new york and work on bway for a year.

alw is famous for dropping his actors for something better and i wouldn’t be surprised if he does that with carrie

Reactions: 2
Also, I learned the other day that Carrie’s understudy is a black lady and when she gets “made over” they give her a dark wig instead of the blonde one that Carrie has. Because a black person with blonde hair would be too far or what?!
having seen the photos on Instagram, gotta say Georgina’s “made over” wig looks 100% better than Carrie’s blonde one. While I agree there’s no reason she couldn’t have worn a blonde wig as a Black woman, I still feel like she’s dodged a bullet…

Reactions: 7
Sorry to go off subject. Didn’t Carrie and Oliver get together early 2017? So they’ve been together 4+ years. Anyone else think it’s odd they’re not engaged? I don’t think couples need to get married or that there is a time limit, but Carrie always used to say she wanted to be married and have kids by the time she was 30 (and this was also one of the reasons her and Alex were on and off a couple of times). She is such a traditional person when it comes to things like that. So I would have thought that, if they are on the same path, he would have at least proposed by now? MAYBE she’s kept it private but, let’s be real, she overshares EVERYTHING and her life revolves around posting everything that happens to her on social media, so I’d assume she would share it.
Sorry to bring this back around so much later (also first time poster, long time lurker. Hi!), but I'm pretty sure Oliver has said he doesn't want to get married? I think he might've said so in his retelling of when his mom was on Don't tell the bride or whatever. Not sure if it was there, but pretty sure he's expressed he doesn't believe in marriage

Reactions: 1
So I know this is the Carrie thread but this story about ALW made my morning

“Patti Lupone was under contract to star in Sunset Boulevard when it moved to Broadway, and Andrew Lloyd Webber broke that contract and had Glenn Close play the role.
Lupone took him to court for it, and used the settlement to buy a pool, which she then named 'The Andrew Lloyd Webber Memorial Pool.’”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I believe the issues Carrie had at WEL were primarily due to her being out of shape. Yes she was out of key which may have been due to a tech issue, however the main thing I noted was that she sounded out of breath through the whole performance.

If you want to be on Broadway you need to be in top shape. I’ve read somewhere that performers will sing whilst working out so that they don’t sound breathless in songs with challenging choreography. Plus the average ticket price to see a show on Broadway is over $100. Whilst on the west end it’s about £60. If you’re paying top dollar to see a show, you expectations are going to be above a lead who sounds like they’ve just done a marathon whilst singing, can’t dance to save their life and has the same emotional range of a ventriloquists dummy. Carrie ain’t going to Broadway, and I doubt Cinderella will either.

Reactions: 7
Oh like how she performed through tonsillitis?
That was gross because she had to kiss Jamie Muscato. He must have bloody hated her. She’s so desperate not to miss out and to be star of the show that she won’t have a sick day, even if it means infecting her co-stars.

Reactions: 14
That was gross because she had to kiss Jamie Muscato. He must have bloody hated her. She’s so desperate not to miss out and to be star of the show that she won’t have a sick day, even if it means infecting her co-stars.
I still think she fancied him and would have pursued him had she not already been in a relationship with Oliver.

Reactions: 16
I still think she fancied him and would have pursued him had she not already been in a relationship with Oliver.
She was all over him like she was with Oliver before they were ‘official.’ You could see in some vlogs that he was a bit uncomfortable. I said it in a previous thread but she’s said she kissed him in a few rehearsals and performances when he wasn’t expecting it and I don’t like that. If the genders were reversed it would be seen as very creepy but Carrie seems to think her behaviour is ok.

Reactions: 18
Slightly OT and I obviously don’t know what type of illness she had, but if it was bacterial tonsillitis it wouldn’t have been contagious, only viral tonsillitis is. In the same way an infected cut on your hand wouldn’t infect anyone else. But even so, her breath would have stank. I get bacterial tonsillitis once a year or so due to very damaged tonsils and my partner says my breath smells like death when I have it! Think festering puss at the back of your throat 🤮 poor, poor Jamie.

• Sick
Reactions: 8
Which is funny because her relationship with Oliver was definitely born from cheating.

I believe the issues Carrie had at WEL were primarily due to her being out of shape. Yes she was out of key which may have been due to a tech issue, however the main thing I noted was that she sounded out of breath through the whole performance.

If you want to be on Broadway you need to be in top shape. I’ve read somewhere that performers will sing whilst working out so that they don’t sound breathless in songs with challenging choreography. Plus the average ticket price to see a show on Broadway is over $100. Whilst on the west end it’s about £60. If you’re paying top dollar to see a show, you expectations are going to be above a lead who sounds like they’ve just done a marathon whilst singing, can’t dance to save their life and has the same emotional range of a ventriloquists dummy. Carrie ain’t going to Broadway, and I doubt Cinderella will either.
Yeah, Aaron Tveit said that he would run on the treadmill and rehearse Gabe's track from Next to Normal since he had to run up and down dozens of stairs while singing. On the Legally Blonde reality show they had the contenders on exercise bikes and sing "Oh My God You Guys". I doubt Carrie even thinks about singing her track while on runs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Which is funny because her relationship with Oliver was definitely born from cheating.

Yeah, Aaron Tveit said that he would run on the treadmill and rehearse Gabe's track from Next to Normal since he had to run up and down dozens of stairs while singing. On the Legally Blonde reality show they had the contenders on exercise bikes and sing "Oh My God You Guys". I doubt Carrie even thinks about singing her track while on runs.
bit off topic but you mentioned legally blonde and now i’m thinking of what roles in that show carrie couldn’t play. apart from the law students/ lawyers everyone else does a lot of choreography (i’m imaging carrie trying to do brookes whipped into shape choreo)

bit off topic but you mentioned legally blonde and now i’m thinking of what roles in that show carrie couldn’t play. apart from the law students/ lawyers everyone else does a lot of choreography (i’m imaging carrie trying to do brookes whipped into shape choreo)
I was going to say she could get away with playing Callahan, but that would be offensive to other actors who’ve played him in the past. Maybe Elle’s mother? 🤔

I wonder how many could though! I know most Broadway people are fit but that’s such an impressive one

She’s at the age where she should still be playing young characters but she looks so much older than her age now. She now looks that awkward age where there aren’t many lead roles for women. She aged a lot very quickly.

Reactions: 12
foreign actors on bway seems to be like any job abroad where you need a work visa, eg when in 2018 cursed child went to bway and 7 actors from the westend cast were paid to go to new york and work on bway for a year.

alw is famous for dropping his actors for something better and i wouldn’t be surprised if he does that with carrie
He did it to the great Patti Lepone, swapped her out for Glen Close because she is a more recognisable name! Didn't even tell Patti, she found out from a newspaper article

• Wow
So I know this is the Carrie thread but this story about ALW made my morning

“Patti Lupone was under contract to star in Sunset Boulevard when it moved to Broadway, and Andrew Lloyd Webber broke that contract and had Glenn Close play the role.
Lupone took him to court for it, and used the settlement to buy a pool, which she then named 'The Andrew Lloyd Webber Memorial Pool.’”
Hello fellow bway reddit lurker!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.