Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bumblebee1991

I feel bad for the guy but is this audience reaction because people go into cinderella expecting a pantomime? Especially with the confusing marketing
I think actors need to be careful when they criticise people for yelling out in a show. When I saw Matilda on tour, one of the actors tweeted after about someone being rude in the audience, yelling and making noise. That person was sat near me and clearly had a learning disability.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 31

Kiwi179

Yeah I reckon she saw herself as a big ALW star and everyone adoring the show and, more importantly, her. I don’t think she gets on with the cast as well so she just doesn’t like going to work now. This isn’t going the way she wants so she’s giving up a bit.

Oh my god she asked Ivano ‘What’s it like working with me?’ She’s unbelievable!
Carrie asking a question about herself like…
EF72BB87-F0A1-444A-8BF0-D16B063756AF.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 31

bumblebee1991

Why is she acting like she’s speaking out about something revolutionary and not being a dick to audience members on Twitter?
(Also I wanted to like some of these tweets but don’t actually have Twitter, just having a nosy today seeing as she’s having yet another argument lol)

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 30

getmeoutofhere

VIP Member
They're so desperate to convince themselves that she's not a stunt cast it's amazing. They're like "Lot'S oF sHoWs uSe SoCiaL mEdIa" yeah, but most Broadway/West End stars don't have a Youtube channel with hundreds of thousands of subscribers, let alone have a world famous brother. They're delusional if they think she's not a stunt cast.

The real question is why does a 28, almost 29 year old need their mom to defend them on Twitter? I get being a parent of someone in the public eye is hard, but when they're almost 30 you gotta let them figure things out for themselves.

28 DAYS???? 28 DAYS???? 28 DAYS OF HOLIDAY?? I've been at my job for six years so, I'm very grateful and lucky for the two weeks PTO I get. SHE GETS ALMOST A WHOLE MONTH OF VACATION??? FOR A SHOW SHE'S NOT EVEN DOING FOR AN ENTIRE YEAR?? Carrie, honestly you should've left that part out. That made me so angry oml and she has the AUDACITY to be the victim?
I think 28 days annual leave is standard and illegal not to give in full time jobs in the UK plus bank holidays. Not sure where you are but two weeks is very little

Reactions: 29

kev1974

VIP Member
Can't believe the little Warrior Princess is still going on this :rolleyes:🤪

I see that @sf26458351 has made their account private now, probably received a barrage of brutal DMs from the Hatefuls.

1633998587407.png

Well said Laura
(prepare to be blocked though)

• Heart

arty123

Chatty Member
Made me laugh how it says Oliver is from a working class family up north and would struggle to afford train tickets to London to audition and Carrie is also from a working class family, a family which could afford multiple trips to Florida most years…
Think someone should explain to Carrie that working class does not simply refer to the fact that her father went to work!!!!!!! She said that she'd been to Disney at least 14 times up until she left school, that is incredible! I'm double her age and still have not been able to afford to go!! She'll never know how fortunate her childhood was and her adult life us! #totallyoutoftouch

Last edited:

Merida

Carrie says you come to see the show not her, but then she continually posts only her bows in her stories on Instagram.
Really rubs me the wrong way. If she really believed people came to see the show, she would be supporting the other cast and alternatives by promoting them as well, not just her smug self.

bumblebee1991

It’s sad really. Back when she was in the Eponine/Truly era, I could have believed that she could go on to play someone like Elsa or Elphaba or pretty much anyone (as long as they are her in her vocal range). But she aged so quickly, Heathers damaged her voice, and she’s thrown so many unprofessional tantrums that I’ve not seen any other theatre actor do so much as her. Now I don’t think she will ever get cast on talent again. Waitress have been known for their stunt casting in the past so it wouldn’t surprise me if they cast her as Jenna. Then again, I don’t know if they’d go as far as the stunt cast the main character. I genuinely think that if Carrie didn’t have her social media following, she’d have had her five minutes of fame as Eponine, Beth, and Truly and then would have moved on to local pantos. (Nothing wrong with doing a local panto of course, I just mean that I don’t think she’d be able to get by in the West End anymore.)

It’s a shame that she doesn’t recognise that her followers are the reason she does so well with her writing and her acting career, and that they’re the people she’s so rude to. My friend made a harmless comment on Twitter years ago saying something like ‘Didn’t get to see Carrie at stage door but oh well maybe next time!’ She wasn’t complaining or demanding that it was her right to meet her because she knew that meeting an actor at stage door is just a bonus. She didn’t even tag Carrie and she got blocked. We were 15 at the time and she was absolutely gutted. When someone you’re a fan of blocks you on social media after you’ve said NOTHING wrong, it is really hurtful. She was so upset. And she, and myself at the time, were two of her ‘loyal hopefuls’ that she owes her bloody career to. And Carrie can deny that she’s now a stunt cast but she knows for a fact that the only reason her books get published and sell so well is because of her YouTube subscribers, not her writing talent (or lack of).

majestic26

VIP Member
I could understand that post coming from someone who has a chronic illness or who regularly suffers extreme mental health difficulty. But there is nothing to indicate that Carrie falls into either of those categories. To say that she's permanently ill around-the-clock, to the extent that she can't differentiate that from being healthy... all the while performing in a West End show, running marathons, attending flashy events... that's quite a reach, and insulting to people who genuinely do feel that way.

I'm not saying that people who do these things can't have mental health issues, obviously - but if she genuinely feels that she's in such a bad way that she can't remember what it's like to be 'healthy', maybe she should put herself first and take some time off, rather than trying to push on through but playing the victim about it.

Reactions: 28

Kitt

VIP Member
‘Not to be outdone’

Yep, that’s our Karen.

Failed to mention how they were both in relationships when they met though didn’t they.

Reactions: 28

coconoots

no carrie, it’s just you whose judgey
honestly this just screams, “I’m insecure about people watching me, so therefore everyone else is too.” She says that people would find it distracting or judgey, but no other west end actresses I keep up with seem AT ALL like the type of people who would be so insecure as to even notice that there was another actress there. It just screams of her own insecurities.

Reactions: 27

kev1974

VIP Member
1634204591757.png

Worst "hey Stans it's my birthday soon, send me hugs and likes (and presents)" signposting ever.

Probably fishing for more birthday #gifts from donut time etc as well.

Nobody forgets when their birthday is. You just get past 40 and you kind of forget how many years old you are, that's all.

larin_ree

Carrie is gorgeous but I really wish she'd grow out of this crazy big hair, old woman, wannabe eccentric style. She looks years older than she actually is when she's trying to be the new Helena Bonham Carter. I don't think I realised how old she looks when dressed like this until the pics of her at the marathon made her look 10 years younger.

flounceandbounce

Rob Houchen tweeted earlier about a homophobic assault he experienced recently, and Carrie's response was as follows:
1634568812308.png

I'm not going to lie, but if my friend went through this, I'd have tweeted support and text them of my own accord? I don't know, this is just bloody bizarre to me.

Kitt

VIP Member
Yeah I reckon she saw herself as a big ALW star and everyone adoring the show and, more importantly, her. I don’t think she gets on with the cast as well so she just doesn’t like going to work now. This isn’t going the way she wants so she’s giving up a bit.

Oh my god she asked Ivano ‘What’s it like working with me?’ She’s unbelievable!

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 26