Caroline Hirons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Makes me so annoyed that everyone on the Caroline Hirons FB page loves it and are trying to justify spending that amount of money when ‘influencers’ (eg Zoella) who have never worked a day in their life get given one for nothing.

I get that it’s marketing but it has the opposite effect on me - gift something to someone like Zoe Sugg who then smugly shows me what my £290 gets and there is no way I’m forking out full price for it!!

Reactions: 11
And she’s sent a load out for free, to people that can afford it. When will they realise, when profits or a portion of profits go to charity, don’t send them out to people who could buy my house 4 times over and expect me to spend my money on it 🤬

Reactions: 14
The Chapmans have done an Estee Lauder company box - £28 worth £95. No
Payment to them but I think some money towards breast cancer research

Reactions: 7
Honestly, this box is a waste of money as you're going to end up with products that aren't suited for your skin. Most people probably won't read about the products first.

Reactions: 1
Honestly, this box is a waste of money as you're going to end up with products that aren't suited for your skin. Most people probably won't read about the products first.
This is so true. No one needs *that much* skincare, I say that as a reformed skincare junkie who bought anything and everything. I've now downsized my routine to a small rotation of products that suit me and it's going to stay that way

Reactions: 8
I’ve never seen so much gushing over their ‘Queen.’ This is a very expensive box and all products will have been obtained for free. She’s mates with the majority of the brand owners if not all of them.

So, each box is £290. Donation to charity is 10k. She will have done between 500-1500 boxes, more than likely 1000. So that’s 290,000 if all sell. Minus the very generous 10k charity donation. Minus any costs - err not many. And she’s walking away with a very tidy profit indeed.

im also taken aback at the comments about how super generous she is to secure discount codes with all the brands. This is totally normal and indeed, these brands all frequently discount their products.

This just seems really misjudged to me. I can’t get over 290 quid...

Makes me so annoyed that everyone on the Caroline Hirons FB page loves it and are trying to justify spending that amount of money when ‘influencers’ (eg Zoella) who have never worked a day in their life get given one for nothing.

I get that it’s marketing but it has the opposite effect on me - gift something to someone like Zoe Sugg who then smugly shows me what my £290 gets and there is no way I’m forking out full price for it!!
When you realise that regular folk like us are subsidising the influencers getting stuff for free (other examples, Josh Wood and SH's hairdresser) it makes one think very differently about things!

Reactions: 4
Didn't she do a similar thing last year (and the year before, and before)? Why is this being presented as something novel and exciting? It's a beauty box and there is a big chance a lot of the product will not suit you or be a disappointment. Also, I believe most people already have a cleanser and moisturiser (much cheaper and just as effective, if not more so).
Why 2 forms of retinols? (OK, Pixi had to be included somewhere, duh!)
What's the point of the Josh Rosebrook hydrating spray, there was no specific explanation what it actually does other than moisturise and that JR is a living angel or something like that, but she already included moisturiser and moisturising serum, why do I need this as well? And of course she used up so many of them, because it's a bleeping spray. Not to mention 2 moisturisers, if the first one isn't a proper sunscreen, you don't need 2 moisturisers.
If you lose all your skincare then maybe something like this would make sense, but it has unnecessary products. I'd rather buy 3 things full price, if they are something I actually need or miss in my routine.
She’s just cut Cult Beauty out, that’s all!!!
There’s nothing special in there.
I wish she’d sort her hair out! Yellow hair, yellow box and cheap yellow sweatshirt! 🤢

The Chapmans have done an Estee Lauder company box - £28 worth £95. No
Payment to them but I think some money towards breast cancer research
Much more relatable.

Reactions: 2
£290!😲.

What a bleeping cheek , us plebs pay that and the likes of Candice bloody Braithwaite and Zoe bloody Sugg don’t .

Hirons is a saleswoman for big companies and she’s so full of self importance and ego she’s lost sight of the fact £290 might be what people spend for their entire family Christmas.

£290 for a box of potions selected by a loud mouthed saleswoman with nothing but an attitude and tit eyelashes, it’s ridiculous!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
She’s just cut Cult Beauty out, that’s all!!!
There’s nothing special in there.
I wish she’d sort her hair out! Yellow hair, yellow box and cheap yellow sweatshirt! 🤢

Much more relatable.
Could she be setting herself up as a B2B consultant for other influencers? It is her direct relationships with brands that has enabled her to do it this way and I bet a LOT of influencers would be interested to know how she has cut out the usual distributors.

Reactions: 3
£290!😲.

What a bleeping cheek , us plebs pay that and the likes of Candice bloody Braithwaite and Zoe bloody Sugg don’t .

Hirons is a saleswoman for big companies and she’s so full of self importance and ego she’s lost sight of the fact £290 might be what people spend for their entire family Christmas.

£290 for a box of potions selected by a loud mouthed saleswoman with nothing but an attitude and tit eyelashes, it’s ridiculous!
Those bloody awful eyelashes are ridiculous. I couldn’t take her seriously.

Could she be setting herself up as a B2B consultant for other influencers? It is her direct relationships with brands that has enabled her to do it this way and I bet a LOT of influencers would be interested to know how she has cut out the usual distributors.
If you have an established relationship with brands and you regularly share content which enables sales across your large platform then it’s very simple to obtain products directly from them. They will be free of charge in return for content which drives sales and awareness.
All she will need is distribution in place and with anything between 500-1500 boxes, that won’t be difficult

At the Chapman launch last night this beauty influencer was wearing a hoodie and had her hair in a bath time pineapple. Wtf ?

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 4
My 2 pence on this: for any of her long time followers this bag will probably be a miss, as i pretty much assume all have the routine in place or using cheaper products, I suspect this is targeted at her new audience. In the last 3 months or so the cap of 10k in her FB group has been removed, its around 27k, i guess the original 10k cap was kept just to generate some feeling of exclusivity. She is on that Morning show lately (not living in UK and poor memory), diversifying her audience.

And oh dear lord that yellow bag! Not putting that under any xmas tree:)

I more and more think these journos/influencers/activists aren't quite the full shilling. They really are barmy aren't they? Does Botox seep through to your brain over a long period of time?
If anyone points out how greedy and immoral they are it is trolling. But Hirons can dismiss shadiness in others as 'oh that's old news'. So that's OK then.
Shameless. The lot of them.

I more and more think these journos/influencers/activists aren't quite the full shilling. They really are barmy aren't they? Does Botox seep through to your brain over a long period of time?
If anyone points out how greedy and immoral they are it is trolling. But Hirons can dismiss shadiness in others as 'oh that's old news'. So that's OK then.
Shameless. The lot of them.
I feel like such an idiot for buying into it all. Not anymore

If you have an established relationship with brands and you regularly share content which enables sales across your large platform then it’s very simple to obtain products directly from them. They will be free of charge in return for content which drives sales and awareness.
All she will need is distribution in place and with anything between 500-1500 boxes, that won’t be difficult
Not it’s not difficult at all but she’s bothered to do it. Other influencers won’t have the relationships she does and may want to go through her rather than someone like Cult Beauty so they can brand it 100% themselves. Probably why she cut out Gleam too - to get closer to the brands herself to enable this exact sort of product development.

The cunts chorus of influencers drooling over it on Instagram is giving me rage. Get a grip women, it’s a pile of overpriced skincare, not the second coming 🙄

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.