Caroline Hirons

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I don't want to comment on her actual appearance but I just don't understand any of the choices she made. Everything she is sporting in that photo makes her look older and...odd I guess? I mean what is that hair about?

She's certainly no bloody oil paintingšŸ˜‚
Damn, just as I was typing that I didn't want to comment on her appearance you went ALL IN :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: 4
I think CH, AMR and SH are all the same. Started out really well, great advice, all said expensive skin care was a waste of money.
Then as their popularity sore, their ethics dropped. All now sell anything by anyone and blag constantly for freebies. Non of them are honest any more.
They never #AD get really pissed off if not fawned over and are basically just greedy con merchants with massive egos.

Reactions: 12
I recall her saying sheā€™s allergic to a dye in a darker colour so chose to go blonder .
That doesnā€™t explain why half of her hair is brown and the other half is yellow tho šŸ¤Ø is there a tacit accord that all Gleam / former Gleam drones must have terrible takes on ā€œcurrentā€ hair?
I always thought sheā€™d look great with shorter hair but she insists with this schoolgirl length (I canā€™t remember her ever chopping the hair but I stopped following a while ago so may have missed it)

Reactions: 5
I think CH, AMR and SH are all the same. Started out really well, great advice, all said expensive skin care was a waste of money.
Then as their popularity sore, their ethics dropped. All now sell anything by anyone and blag constantly for freebies. Non of them are honest any more.
They never #AD get really pissed off if not fawned over and are basically just greedy con merchants with massive egos.
Spot on!!

Reactions: 1
Hello,
I've never used forums etc before, but had to post the screenshots below:

IMG_7364.png
IMG_7365.png

These were CH's insta story (from 2 weeks ago) responses to ITG's write-up on skincare gurus (that term makes my toes curl) to follow: https://intothegloss.com/2019/05/beauty-expert-instagram-profile/

ITG is flawed in many ways, but they're a still a powerhouse blog/website in the beauty industry and giving CH exposure is in no way attacking her on "being a woman". ITG's assessment of CH is fair and just a descriptive observation on her behaviour's effect. CH's ABSURD misinterpretation and fury troublingly echoes how fake-news etc starts and spreads. Not to mention, ITG's article suggests many women for its readers to follow and they're not being negative towards women; hell ITG is basically made up of all women employees.

I briefly fell for CH's humour, but increasingly became disgusted by her ignorant, rude, and uneducated approach to everything. Not to mention, alarm bells rung LOUDLY when she defended Michele Phan (biggest fraud ever? is she even around) on her blog!
Dr Sam Bunting is definitely more reliable. Really hope Dr SB doesn't get involved with the incestuous UK beauty circle--Caroline Hirons, Sali Hughes, AMR, the pungent pixiwoos...even Nadine Baggott's content has been repetitive in terms of the brands/products featured. Is this because they're all GLEAM?

Reactions: 6
Nice try to cry misogyny, CH. You can dish it but you canā€™t take it when ā€œstrong opinionsā€ are about you.
Iā€™m very sensitive to women being put down for being assertive and strong-willed ( I had issues in the workplace because management said I was too aggressive while praising male colleagues for being way more aggressive than me), but sheā€™s rude and obnoxious and it has nothing to do with her gender. Unfortunately I doubt she will even understand that because she literally doesnā€™t know how to deal with criticism.

Reactions: 8
Caroline hates being talked about in anything other than arse licking glowing terms.

She is thin skinned and will go after anyone who calls her expertise into question , I stopped following her when I realised sheā€™d sell out to whoever paid her enough.

Iā€™m sure sheā€™s jealous of Dr Sam Bunting, being a Dermatologist and with a highly successful skincare line, SBā€™s advice is go back to basics and keep it simple. The polar opposite of CHā€™s opinion.

Iā€™m sure sheā€™s jealous of Dr Sam Bunting, being a Dermatologist and with a highly successful skincare line, SBā€™s advice is go back to basics and keep it simple. The polar opposite of CHā€™s opinion.
She also became jealous of The Ordinary founder and had to go after him in the only way she could, by saying his products were ā€œnot pampering enoughā€ because their packaging was simple - this was the same woman who said that paying for packaging was for suckers as you were paying for execsā€™ riviera houses. First she raved about the line, then she changed her tone so quickly she gave me whiplash. Of course she couldnā€™t stand behind The Ordinary and their formulas and still try to sell the same products at 10 times the price (Drunk Elephant, Tata Harper, Sunday Riley). Iā€™m award Brandon Truaxe himself became very problematic before he tragically passed away but I wonā€™t speak ill of the dead if I can avoid it.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Caroline hates being talked about in anything other than arse licking glowing terms.

She is thin skinned and will go after anyone who calls her expertise into question , I stopped following her when I realised sheā€™d sell out to whoever paid her enough.

I do like Dr Sam Bunting's back to basics approach and definitely prefer her over CH... However, I can't help finding her quite smug and sometimes has this air of superiority about her, maybe it's just me.
It's funny how CH always goes on about double cleansing and rubbing her face with flannels, whereas SB says a single cleanse should be enough and just rinses away cleanser- I'm somewhere in between! I do like SB's hair, sorry for the OT.

I do like Dr Sam Bunting's back to basics approach and definitely prefer her over CH... However, I can't help finding her quite smug and sometimes has this air of superiority about her, maybe it's just me.
It's funny how CH always goes on about double cleansing and rubbing her face with flannels, whereas SB says a single cleanse should be enough and just rinses away cleanser- I'm somewhere in between! I do like SB's hair, sorry for the OT.
I saw a snippet of CH on This Morning washing her face and it looked brutal tbh - pulling her skin around terribly. Surely no one's face is that dirty. I will look up SB as I favour the less is more approach. CH and Sali Hughes push so many products that I can't believe the average person needs. For instance Sali in her column today recommending retinols which she goes on to say can cause irritation and shouldn't be used in the sun (coming into summer - brilliant).

To be fair to the CH method, I personally donā€™t think one cleanse is enough if youā€™re wearing a full face of makeup. I always do a makeup cleanse and then a face cleanse. My skin has thanked me for switching to double cleansing with far fewer breakout and a more youthful look so Iā€™ll always swear by it, but CH attacks her skin with a passion. Since sheā€™s Gleam mates with the Grinch Iā€™m expecting her to scrub her face off with a Minkeh soon šŸ˜‚

• Haha
^ Yeah, I saw that clip too: I do like using a flannel or muslin at night to remove makeup but I'm not that rough with it lol. I agree it's a bit confusing when it comes to using retinols, I would personally use them a few times a week at night (just talking about my preference, having sensitive acne-rosaic skin).

Sheā€™s not a Gleamer anymore , she left in good terms though , so she said.
True but she chats with Hinch about Dettol and thereā€™s no real friends in the cutthroat high stakes world of cleaning, faces or bogs šŸ˜‚ I know sheā€™s left, I was just messing. They probably got to ā€œknow each otherā€ when they were both gleamers.

šŸ˜ I did see CH wish Hinch all the best with her book.

Hirons uses so many products Iā€™m surprised her face isnā€™t perpetually red and angry.

Reactions: 2
šŸ˜ I did see CH wish Hinch all the best with her book.

Hirons uses so many products Iā€™m surprised her face isnā€™t perpetually red and angry.
She KNOWS HER FACE! It must be made of metal at this point

• Heart
Iā€™m so glad someone above also mentioned the ā€œpungentā€ Pixiwoos and I hope a thread starts on them. Hirons is unbelievably thin skinned and absolutely canā€™t take any form of criticism but easily dishes it out. Sheā€™s the MOST hypocritical thing and Iā€™d love to come face to face with her and tell her a few things.

Reactions: 2
Iā€™m so glad someone above also mentioned the ā€œpungentā€ Pixiwoos and I hope a thread starts on them. Hirons is unbelievably thin skinned and absolutely canā€™t take any form of criticism but easily dishes it out. Sheā€™s the MOST hypocritical thing and Iā€™d love to come face to face with her and tell her a few things.
She's going to come for you, red faced and shouting :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Pixiwoos: I liked their brushes so I bought a few and tried to watch their channel but could not stand either of them!

she looked even worse before her eye bag surgery. bull dog with fried hair. I'm not taking beauty advice from her, she looks a fright!!

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.