Caroline Hirons #9 No. I did like her in the past, now I think she's an oaf

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s said before that she gets her hair for free but tips the full amount to the colourist and the hairdresser 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1
Same to both, that’s why it irritates me

She’s said before that she gets her hair for free but tips the full amount to the colourist and the hairdresser 🤷🏻‍♀️
If this is the case then she’s boasting about it being #gifted for no reason. Why not just say she went there?

Reactions: 9
Aaaand breathe. Her and the freaks are really aggravating me today, can you tell?
Totally agree with everything you just said 🙌🏻 As a relative newbie, the complicated routines they all have has totally bamboozled me, and trying to follow made my skin worse than it was before.

To then see people on the group in a similar position receive hundreds of comments of MORE products to buy/try, is infuriating.

Reactions: 7
Love LRP especially B5, I layer it on top of the Dr Jart ceramidin 3 step. It's taken me a while to repair my barrier, I did have burns and if I use the products that caused them they come back in the same places. This is such a common problem on the freaks page, they listen to her and each other and basically keep going until their faces fall to shreds.
Should this be what skincare is about? Are other self professed experts having this effect on peoples skin? I don't know because I don't follow anyone else but it would be interesting to tally up these types of post and how frequently they occur.

Reactions: 8
I'm not in London or even the UK but let's just say if I was I wouldn't be too motivated to go to Josh Woods

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Exactly, she just wants to be seen at Josh Wood. Although his salon doesn't really mean a lot to us non-Londoners!
It means nothing to this Londoner either. I’ve seen the state of Caroline’s hair, and I don’t want it for myself.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Same to both, that’s why it irritates me

If this is the case then she’s boasting about it being #gifted for no reason. Why not just say she went there?
I think she wasn’t clear when she first said it, but the reason she was tipping because of salons being closed for months on end. There are a load of influencers getting treatments for free as ad pr but not appreciating the fact that salons are really struggling. I’m not sure Hirons has a deal with Josh Wood?

I think she wasn’t clear when she first said it, but the reason she was tipping because of salons being closed for months on end. There are a load of influencers getting treatments for free as ad pr but not appreciating the fact that salons are really struggling. I’m not sure Hirons has a deal with Josh Wood?
Hirons got a midnight appointment after one of the last lockdowns and it was a press treatment. She also had another press treatment about 2 weeks later

• Angry
Reactions: 9
Who exactly are these rants aimed at? I do not need her to educate me on anything other than skincare.
Is it just me or are we all on the same page about this? Every time I watch her stories she is shouting through the screen at me.

Reactions: 17
Who exactly are these rants aimed at? I do not need her to educate me on anything other than skincare.
Is it just me or are we all on the same page about this? Every time I watch her stories she is shouting through the screen at me.
She shouts about her ideals and God forbid!! anyone who forgets what they are or thinks they know more than Caroline Hirons.

Reactions: 4
View attachment 528516

This is so frustrating to me. Skin + me are very, very clear that when you start using their product you have to cut out EVERYTHING else and just use a bland cleanser, moisturiser and SPF (they’re so clear in this that even I listened and I never follow instructions). Tretinoin is prescription only for a reason - it’s bloody HARSH. I assume this girl signed up without reading any of the info they have - including that printed on the pack the tube comes in - and has carried on with vit c which is one of the most irritating actives there is. The post implies that it’s skin + me at fault and/or their product has caused the problem when she hasn’t followed the bloody directions!
The comments are giving her recommendations of another 100 products to shill out on and shove on her face when all she actually needs is to just leave her skin alone for a bit. I remember seeing a similar post a while ago and the queen herself replied saying something along the lines of “just” cleanse with something unscented like Clinique TDO, mist, hydrating serum, moisturise and then use spf. If your barrier is that fucked you shouldn’t be cleansing at ALL, mists and serums will burn, and personally I wouldn’t use SPF either unless I was going to be outside all day, too many chemicals on already freaked out skin.
Also, most of these “damaged barriers” that are posted in that group look like straight up chemical burns. #carolinemademedoit indeed.

And another thing- has anyone noticed that they’re currently obsessed with recommending LRP cicaplast b5, it’s like the new 7 skins, but nobody knows how to bloody use it so there’s also now loads of posts saying it’s making their skin dry/flaky/worse. It’s an occlusive - you apply it at the end of your routine over hydrators. Did CH recommend it once? She doesn’t talk about LRP hardly at all, which pleases me actually. It’s my favourite brand and if she starts singing their praises I’ll know they’re paying her so I’ll have to stop buying from them.

Aaaand breathe. Her and the freaks are really aggravating me today, can you tell?
I use the LRP the same way I use the dermalogica barrier repair. I cleanse, eye cream, toner, moisturise then add the lrp cicaplast last to "seal" it all in

Is that wrong? I only use it when barrier is compromised (so basically when its windy, raining or cold)

Reactions: 1
Thanks. I don't know how to feel about that, NHS workers have been absolutely amazing and now they can't access the same services as the rest of us.

Reactions: 7
Does she ever take a day off from her mouth? I only followed her for skincare tips but getting berated about vaccinations, tipping hairdressers (no thanks!) and the gay community which I have no idea what it’s about. I have a headache 😩

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.