Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bottlewrapper

Chatty Member
I saw that post last night and pretty much imploded. Hirons has no clue about people with disabilities, I definitely don't need her flying the flag for disability awareness.

As far as I'm aware she hasn't employed anyone with a physical disability.. the reason why I say that is they'd feature a lot in her promotional shit as she'd consider herself to be the leader in employing disabled people

I'm probably not explaining myself well. She's really fucked me off.
Her 'inclusion' of people with disabilities as the only reason for someone WFH is based on her own bigotry, assuming 'disability' means a poor soul in a wheelchair, unable to even push themselves into the next room. Which is just patronising all round.

The one big reason to allow WFH for roles where it is appropriate is because remote working is the single greatest invention for those with caring responsibilities ie women. For a woman who likes to trill about supporting women, by banning WFH for her entire team she's effectively cutting out recruiting any women with young children or aging parents - employees who might need time off to take someone else for medical appointments, who might need to start at 9.15 after the school run or slip off between 3 and 4pm, but who are likely to be more loyal and dedicated to an employer who enables them to balance their lives.

But she doesn't want that - she wants cheap young people with no other demands on their time, so she can make them work as late as she wants and screech at them to bring her tea every five minutes. And while we're on that topic, who the fuck is expected nowadays to bring their boss cups of tea? It's demeaning, no one does this anymore.

At heart she's really just a 1970s middle aged chauvinist man in a bad wig.

Can you tell she's fucked me off too? 😂

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 54

GalofHal

Well said. I vaguely remember her asking for feedback and testers when the app launched.

Screenshot_2024-03-06-21-48-19-74_1c337646f29875672b5a61192b9010f9~2.jpg

• Heart
Reactions: 41
There is already a Think Science Ltd. An educational company who have the .co.uk domaine and Think Science trademark logo. But guess what....hers is THINK SCIENCE....ALL CAPS!!!!

Lolling at Think Science and then doesn't understand what Peer Review means!

I just looked at her UK trademark entries. Has anyone posted this before? It's hilarious what she has trademarked.
This was so awkward 😂
IMG_9961.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37

w8g

VIP Member
Sure on one of her previous lives she was bitching about Catherine and how her accent is fake. Funnily enough she deleted the live.
She has a problem with fake accents? Has she met Ava Hirons?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37

maisywebster

This is an absolute nonsense, I am genuinely surprised to see she’s stooped low enough as to now start charging a monthly subscription for poorly-written ‘articles’ of a few lines of copy that could’ve been written by anyone. That app was pretty much useless to begin with, as someone who did download it. Now, it’s more than useless. Her finger is so off the pulse, it’s unreal. A cost of living crisis, and it’s time to release a subscription for an app? Wild. The person who posted about the peer review comment is absolutely spot-on, too. I work in a role where we have to peer review scientific claims every single day. I can tell you now that our peer reviewing would never, ever be done in-house. It would be a massive conflict of interest! Everyone with any experience in peer-reviewing knows it’s carried out externally by randomly selected professionals in the relevant field. It’s also carried out as blind peer reviewing so that we don’t know who we’re reviewing, to keep it bias-free! The way she argues with users posting these things out is so cringy. Then she posts 1,000 stories about how she will always ‘be the one to take others to task’ if necessary. Like, okay. She’s a schoolyard bully but she’s clearly so insecure.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

Rowling

Chatty Member
These outfits are bloody awful. Caroline is obviously trying to copy Trinny’s power suits but looks like someone’s Auntie Sandra who has never married but has a housemate called Pam 😂 and Ava looks like she’s got it from the Band Of Gold collection. Dear , oh dear.

Love how she’s made of point of saying her clothes are Stella BUT she’s PAID for them.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 33

Mooms

Chatty Member
She is such a bitch! 😭 she has no idea about this poor persons circumstances or reasons for wanting wfh, of which there could be MANY! If covid taught us anything it’s that wfh is successful

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 31

maisywebster

Also, not to redirect the thread too much, but can we just note how irritating her posts about her new exercise and diet regime are? It is so tedious to watch her share photographs of herself working out, or talking about how she is so amazing because she was motivated enough to work out, or sharing pompous content patting herself on the back for ‘making these changes.’ It’s dull. Not to mention, she has no self-awareness at all. She’s a skincare person, not a personal trainer. She has no sense of her audience and no care at all for anyone who might be following her who could have issues with their body image or who could be managing body dysmorphia or an eating disorder and who might have seen her posts by accident, considering that they wouldn’t have chosen to follow her for that kind of content. She has no critical literacy in her mind at all, she’s just occupied 24/7 with fawning over the lead singer of a God-awful indie band two decades her junior, or trying to essentially organise arranged marriages for her kids. I actually wish she’d just get on with her job sometimes and make some skincare. But, oh no, a flannel and a round piece of cotton will do!

• Heart
Reactions: 31

50sGirl

VIP Member
It’ll always be Ruth’s house 😊😊. How such a beautiful , elegant Georgian pile can be home to work shy Jim and the hairy dependents beggars belief.
Work Shy Jim and The Hairy Dependants should be the next thread title! 😆
Or else a band name suggestion for “musician” Jim! 😜

• Haha
Reactions: 30
She is such a bitch! 😭 she has no idea about this poor persons circumstances or reasons for wanting wfh, of which there could be MANY! If covid taught us anything it’s that wfh is successful
This is such an old fashioned view, and it’s something that a lot of managers in her generation believe. They think their ‘power’ is dampened by not being physically in the room and being able to intimidate people. You couldn’t pay me enough to work for her.

foxwarren

VIP Member
‘Mum just entered the chat’. Is she not busy rearranging her four products in her not-a-pop-up-pop-up?

• Haha

SqualorVictoria

VIP Member
You can just tell that she’s the type that would say “half day again?” to someone if they tried to leave at a normal time

• Haha
  • Sad

Disillusioned

VIP Member
You can’t peer review in-house. Asking your colleague what they think of the company’s promo waffle is the antithesis of peer review, FFS.

And then she declares, “Free from misinformation*🤦🏻‍♀️

* may contain utter bollocks

E5448BAC-C10A-44F6-B869-BF72343FCBE5.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart