Caroline Hirons #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Hi
Just started following her as I have bad acne used lockdown as my time to get a grip on my skincare routine
I’ve ordered a lot of K beauty and the ordinary

What does annoy me about Caroline from just watching is she goes mad at influencers for
Promoting crap skincare and she has an 18 year old daughter but never really discusses younger skin and like early 20s so really if you’re going to call someone out fill the gap and educate
Everything is aimed at older skin
But I would like some skincare advice so can I ask on here?
Also still haven’t been accepted in her group

Also shocked to know she lives in a flat

Reactions: 2
Hi
Just started following her as I have bad acne used lockdown as my time to get a grip on my skincare routine

What does annoy me about Caroline from just watching is she goes mad at influencers for
Promoting crap skincare and she has an 18 year old daughter but never really discusses younger skin and like early 20s so really if you’re going to call someone out fill the gap and educate

In her old vlogs she used to cover young skin, cheaper products etc. She’s realised middle aged women have a huge disposable income and went ‘kerching’! She thinks she’s some kind of guru. She looks bloody awful, even for lockdown. She veers from scouser, Londoner and yank ffs. One minutes she’s boring everyone with Duran Duran then C&W and Red Hot Chilli Peppers. She one boxer-nosed moon-faced, smug, saggy-titter gobshite!!!

Im glad im not the only one thinking the same. And all these mega pricey products people must b skint on skincare !
Those freaks of hers on FB are serious arse lickers. They must go into debt to buy the shite she promotes. Lab this and Lab that like she’s a bloody scientist. You sold Aveda over the counter. Also, she had a fall your with Liz Earle when she worked for her, love to know the gossip there.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
In her old vlogs she used to cover young skin, cheaper products etc. She’s realised middle aged women have a huge disposable income and went ‘kerching’! She thinks she’s some kind of guru. She looks bloody awful, even for lockdown. She veers from scouser, Londoner and yank ffs. One minutes she’s boring everyone with Duran Duran then C&W and Red Hot Chilli Peppers. She one boxer-nosed moon-faced, smug, saggy-titter gobshite!!!

Those freaks of hers on FB are serious arse lickers. They must go into debt to buy the shite she promotes. Lab this and Lab that like she’s a bloody scientist. You sold Aveda over the counter. Also, she had a fall your with Liz Earle when she worked for her, love to know the gossip there.
It’s really annoying though because if you are this brilliant skin guru acknowledge you can help young people

On that note are copper peptides useful for a 21 year old or not?

It’s really annoying though because if you are this brilliant skin guru acknowledge you can help young people

On that note are copper peptides useful for a 21 year old or not?
For a 21 yr old u dont want to use lots of harsh chemicals on ur skin at a young age in my opinion. keep ur skin hydrated.

I totally agree, she knows some things. But working a counter is not the same as being a doctor. If I have skin problems I would listen to a dermatologist not her. I think for basic tips/tricks there’s nothing wrong with her per se, but she is by no means an expert. All, and I mean ALL, her opinions are money based. She touts products that she has been paid to push (ads, affiliate links etc). How the hell can you trust someone like that? I personally don’t.
People think (and esp herself) that she is the be all, end all of skincare. duck no. She’s a loud mouthed, obnoxious rude witch.
Is there anyone you do recommend ? Not being cheeky genuine question. :)

Reactions: 1
Caroline used to do cheat sheets about different skin types and practical advice. Not anymore sadly, it's all product discussion.

Reactions: 8
Hi

I know Caroline has been affiliated with them but give Dermatica a go. It’s £20 a month & you get your first month for free. They’ll probably prescribe you Hydraquinoane, tret & niacinamide. You need to join a waitlist for a couple of weeks at first but it genuinely really good

Reactions: 4
I know Caroline has been affiliated with them but give Dermatica a go. It’s £20 a month & you get your first month for free. They’ll probably prescribe you Hydraquinoane, tret & niacinamide. You need to join a waitlist for a couple of weeks at first but it genuinely really good
I have a dermatologist I’m due to go on roaccutane as I have another skin disorder
I use niacinamide retinol and vitamin C currently

She’s having an argument with Estée Laundry today over stories - neither of them are coming out smelling of roses.

She’s having an argument with Estée Laundry today over stories - neither of them are coming out smelling of roses.
What about? I checked stories but must have missed it!
I don't follow EL as I found the endless stories of poorly behaved companies sad. I also don't follow Caroline, for obviously reasons...

Last edited:
What about? I checked stories but must have missed it!
I don't follow EL as I found the endless stories of poorly behaved companies sad. I also don't follow Caroline, for obviously reasons...
I checked too and didn’t see anything , what was the row about?

Hmm I think they’ve both taken them down, maybe they agreed to disagree. CH posted something scathing about Axiology and Estée called her out on it. Then she responded to Estée saying something about how although it wasn’t her finest moment (paraphrased) she wouldn’t take advice from an anonymous account that gave Brandon Truaxe a hard time before he died. They posted up her message but covered up the bit where she called them out on Brandon. Now it’s all gone. The attached was their post of her first post.

Attachments

To be fair I agree with her about the fact this brand calls their lipstick 'evil free'. It reslly annoys me off when brands try to show they are 'better' than others by using negative language rather than just speaking positively about themselves.

Reactions: 4
To be fair I agree with her about the fact this brand calls their lipstick 'evil free'. It reslly annoys me off when brands try to show they are 'better' than others by using negative language rather than just speaking positively about themselves.
I get it, ‘evil free’ is a silly and meaningless term. But if shouting down small WOC owned businesses via Instagram is her brand of skincare ‘activism’ then that’s pretty disappointing.

I get it, ‘evil free’ is a silly and meaningless term. But if shouting down small WOC owned businesses via Instagram is her brand of skincare ‘activism’ then that’s pretty disappointing.
I don't agree that she acted in the best way here but I don't think brand size or owner comes into play with what she said. She has criticised for example Drunk Elephant for their use of the suspicious six. She also recently called out a new skincare brand on their similar marketing and they handled in completely differently, agreeing it was sending out the wrong message.

The lipstick brand shared her story on their stories and called her a bully, I don't think firstly that a brand can be bullied and secondly that one or two Instagram stories can be considered bullying.

'Evil free', 'clean', 'non toxic', 'green' are all meaningless terms in the beauty industry, brands use them to make people feel better about using their products. It's cheap and nasty marketing imo. I mean cruelty free apparently doesn't mean what I thought it did (see Sali Hughes Cult Beauty box and the CC cream)...

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.