Caroline Hirons #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She’s got enough followers that it probably legitimately crashed the website. She tries to make out that people “don’t need both” but continues to say on her lives that there’s bits from both kids that “older skins” would benefit from. She’s not daft

Reactions: 4
My vote is with the 'web crash' being a sales technique...

If it was a third party's site I'd be more inclined to think it wasn't deliberate, but the crap capacity of her own hosted shop is just stage managing to get her followers frothing and desperate. To sway people on the fence thinking hmmm, maybe, think well, if it's so popular it must be amazing. Having hyped and flagged the new start time so there is no chance of missing it, she switches on the full capacity and the kits sell out. Then she can boast about how quickly they've sold out, which increases demand for next time.

Anyone have any marketing insight though on why the two kits have a price difference of only £10? It hardly seems worth it, or are they for different skin types?

Reactions: 4
One is for skin prone to breakouts one for older drier skin.

I was tempted... the Kate Somerville cream is £127 on its own.... but have so much skincare, I’m sticking to shopping the stash and saving the cash for a treat when lockdown ends

Reactions: 6
I think that’s unlikely
Nope, I agree. There were so many people getting excited about it last night online that I am not surprised the site crashed... I think they were just massively unprepared for how many people would be wanting to buy them...

Reactions: 2
.. I think they were just massively unprepared for how many people would be wanting to buy them...
they had a test run already with the previous kit, so if the site was down and they are sold out they either deliberately make only few kits to give the impression of a rush or bad marketing research and a missed opportunity to sell more. I was a bit surprised considering the feedback she had last time at the price. When i heard 2 kits i was half expecting to have a cheaper version and a more high end one to cater to multiple purses, but no...

How much are the kits as the products aren’t exactly high end?
From her website:

“Kit 1 contains 7 products and has a retail value of £354.00, it will be on sale for £160.00, a saving of around 55%.

Kit 2 contains 6 products and has a retail value of £331.00, it will be on sale for £150.00, a saving of around 55%“

I’m not overly convinced the £10 price difference is a marketing tactic. As much as she’s obviously got a trade discount on the bulk of product, at the end of the day she’s not going to give the products away, she’s still got to pay the suppliers off.

“Especially suited to lockdown skin” starts the blurb on both of those kits.

I genuinely can’t believe it.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 9
Apparently they had something like 100,000 try and get on the site and they sold out within an hour... that’s pretty spectacular....

• Wow
On the plus side, at least it’s not photographed on grimy tiles this time.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
She’s got enough followers that it probably legitimately crashed the website. She tries to make out that people “don’t need both” but continues to say on her lives that there’s bits from both kids that “older skins” would benefit from. She’s not daft
She’s not daft but is a greedy cow. She’s changed, not just her face but her whole bloody attitude.

Just read the DM piece. The bit that jumped out was this,

‘I came back from doing this massive event with Clinique where people had turned up from all over; we were meant to finish at 8pm and ended up finishing at 10pm. I got home and my husband said, “I’ll put the kettle on and can you go and clean the toilet? Max has peed everywhere.” I just laughed. It was, like, “Absolutely, back to being Mum.”’

Why couldn’t her ‘oh so cool’, laid back, muso husband clean the loo himself?
Yeah and why is her teenage son peeing on the floor?

I'm just so sick of all of her fans thanking her for the kits. She's not doing them out of the goodness of her heart!
Exactly! You can see the pounds signs now those ridiculous lashes have fallen off £££

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Why does she always shout? Why does she talk so fast? Why does her mouth wobble? Why is her tongue so big? 🆘

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Why does she always shout? Why does she talk so fast? Why does her mouth wobble? Why is her tongue so big? 🆘
She’s so aggressive that she scares people into buying that crappy kit 🤬🤬🤬

I dislike her hair. Sorry, blond does not suit her at all imo.
She used to be darker and it looked so much better. She gets the right sense if anyway says it to her though.

Reactions: 3
She’s not daft but is a greedy cow. She’s changed, not just her face but her whole bloody attitude.
Nah totally I do agree. I’m shocked by the whole encouraging people to pay on credit when a year ago or so she wouldn’t have told anyone to pay on credit. It is shocking behaviour for someone to change their morals as much

Reactions: 13
Nah totally I do agree. I’m shocked by the whole encouraging people to pay on credit when a year ago or so she wouldn’t have told anyone to pay on credit. It is shocking behaviour for someone to change their morals as much
That’s what greed does to you!

oh nooo my lovely beautypie in cahoots with hirons for the spring kit :'((

Reactions: 1
The blonde is about her being quite grey I think and it being less maintenance than brunette.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.