Caroline Hirons #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought that was alright actually - reminded me why I used to like her. Won’t go back to following her though - just because I’ve heard the schtick so many times I know it by heart.

Reactions: 1
I thought that was alright actually - reminded me why I used to like her. Won’t go back to following her though - just because I’ve heard the schtick so many times I know it by heart.
I wouldn’t be happy with the photos at all, how awful 😬

So repetitive, same stories, same turns of phrase, same advice. Never thought i would get bored of her, but i did. I could have written the article myself almost.

Reactions: 9
So repetitive, same stories, same turns of phrase, same advice. Never thought i would get bored of her, but i did. I could have written the article myself almost.
And the pictures of her in the article are terrible. It’s just rubbish all around!!!

Oh dear. Some of the comments are brutal.
I really would rather have beauty tips from her husband - he looks amazingly young.

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I won't give the DM
I rarely look at FB but see in her group a lot of people are disappointed at her doing this for The DM. She replied saying it is purely for book promotion, she turned down The Sun, and she has donated her fee to Hacked Off.
She is doing similar in The Times next week.
I won't give the DM clicks. Horrible, horrible paper and doing an article purely for book promotion is just...sad. Donating the fee doesn't make it any better.

The comments are pretty awful.
I couldn’t get over the heading ‘the most powerful woman in beauty’ really ...

In the article, she mentions being asked about skincare whilst having a smear test. Didn't Sali Hughes claim the exact same thing?

• Haha
“Just a little tweak”
Daily Fail can't tell the difference between celery and celeriac

In the article, she mentions being asked about skincare whilst having a smear test. Didn't Sali Hughes claim the exact same thing?
Oh yes, apparently she was asked about foundation while getting fitted for a coil. And she once mentioned getting asked about skincare while a nurse had a finger up her "frontie" (frontie? Barf!)

• Sick
I find advice like “always use moisturiser under SPF, otherwise it’s like leaving the house in a raincoat with only underwear on underneath”.

Really, no. Totally depends on what my skin is doing that day. I would much rather someone like Jessica DeFino who advises you to properly get in tune with your skin and figure out what it does and doesn’t need each day and act accordingly. Some days my skin needs moisturiser as well as SPF. Some days it really doesn’t and it would be overload.

If it’s for a specific reason then say that - eg if it’s a good idea to have a barrier between your actives and your spf then great, maybe a primer could do the job instead.

CH overall message seems to be “don’t listen to your skin (or common sense) listen to ME” and that’s never a good sign. Especially when it amounts to needing additional products.

Attachments

• Wow
Reactions: 6
Is there a bit of Jack Monroe-style origins shrouded in mystery/disbelief (i.e. can’t keep stories straight but there’s a nugget of truth in each version going on)?

• Haha
Reactions: 2
The most powerful woman in the beauty industry? More powerful than the female heads/ owners of beauty companies? Such absolute horsesh*t

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.