Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I thought it said she text her friend the night before she died saying she was going to kill herself? They then went to her house, called an ambulance but she refused to go and denied saying it, then the following morning she asked her Mum and sister to come over that day instead and told the 2 friends to leave as she was annoyed they’d called the ambulance the night previously
Sorry, yes I misquoted there.

Although when looking it up I found another part that says it's Caroline's mother who said Lewis sent the photo of the blood to his ex:

She told the court Mr Burton had sent the picture to an ex-girlfriend.

"Lewis sent the photo of the blood and sent it to his friend," Mrs Flack said, during evidence given by the star's friend Mollie Grosberg.

Ms Grosberg replied: "As far as I know, this is the God's honest truth, she never mentioned a word to me that he had sold or given the photo to an ex-girlfriend. That was never mentioned to me."

In response, Mrs Flack said: "She said it to me and it was devastating that she found out."

Last edited:
Reactions: 2
I feel very sorry for Caroline's mother and she is obviously distraught with grief at her daughter's death. However, lashing out at others, and blaming them for her death, isn't going to help anyone. Caroline was a troubled soul, she had a good support network of friends and family, yet still she chose to take her own life, rather than face the consequences of her actions.

Lewis may well be a player and a cheater, but he was still the victim in all of this. Sending the photo of the bloodstains to another person was foolish, but maybe he wanted someone else to have proof of what happened. We only have Caroline's mother's word for it that Lewis sent the photo anyway.

Reactions: 7
What do people usually get if they did what she did? I’m gonna sound so dumb but I have no idea, was there a chance she might’ve got a prison sentence or just a caution?

What do people usually get if they did what she did? I’m gonna sound so dumb but I have no idea, was there a chance she might’ve got a prison sentence or just a caution?
The maximum sentence for ABH is 5 years but for a first offence a fine and/or community service was more likely.

Reactions: 4
A caution is not usually given in the cases of domestic abuse. It would have been a court jobby, but prison extreamly unlikely.
I quite agree, but it would never have been a caution given that she went not guilty in the first place

Reactions: 1
I quite agree, but it would never have been a caution given that she went not guilty in the first place
who know, didn’t help that she said she did it then took it back. They should of let her calm down before talking to her, which I’m guessing they didn’t for the fact we flipped a table.

Reactions: 1
This whole thing is a nightmare situation for everyone involved. As a young widow myself, I know the death of a partner leaves a stain on your soul no matter the circumstances. You are also vulnerable for years, even if you think you're back on track. People who have been bereaved live on one side of a curtain. You can see everyone else through it but you fel there's a constant barrier. It's so hard to even understand what state you're in mentally let alone acknowledge and deal with.
Some people move on to new relationships quicker than others. There's no set time frame whether it be 10 weeks or years. But it's also a breeding ground for predators to get their teeth into you. I had a narrow escape from a widower who became obsessed with me after a few coffees together, his wife had died 4 months earlier and he just couldn't accept he was in a tit situation like that.
This will be hideous, messy and painful for everyone affected by her death. No earth shattering insight from me here, just an observation from my own experience.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 31
An inquest is held in a court presided by a judge. It is part of our legal system
It was found at the inquest, that Lewis rang the police to spite and punish Flack for going through his phone. It was heard and acknowledged that she did not attack him. Of course the mum doesn't like him.
Never knew this, how come this is the first time I've heard it? Why didn't Caroline's mam say this instead of saying we don't know the whole story? If this is the truth what's the deal with no one knowing? You don't have to answer lol just first time I've heard it.

I feel very sorry for Caroline's mother and she is obviously distraught with grief at her daughter's death. However, lashing out at others, and blaming them for her death, isn't going to help anyone. Caroline was a troubled soul, she had a good support network of friends and family, yet still she chose to take her own life, rather than face the consequences of her actions.

Lewis may well be a player and a cheater, but he was still the victim in all of this. Sending the photo of the bloodstains to another person was foolish, but maybe he wanted someone else to have proof of what happened. We only have Caroline's mother's word for it that Lewis sent the photo anyway.
You don't have to send it to someone who has previously talked to the press about your relationship. He could have just emailed it to himself if he wanted to have proof.

Taking a big leap here but I wonder if he had an arrangement with his ex or with the press that they/he'd sell stories about their relationship without Caroline knowing to earn some money on the side. The ex must have got 5 figures for a picture like that?

Reactions: 5
You don't have to send it to someone who has previously talked to the press about your relationship. He could have just emailed it to himself if he wanted to have proof.

Taking a big leap here but I wonder if he had an arrangement with his ex or with the press that they/he'd sell stories about their relationship without Caroline knowing to earn some money on the side. The ex must have got 5 figures for a picture like that?
Does anyone know for a FACT that it was his bitter ex girlfriend who sold it to the press, or are people taking Caroline's mum's word for that? Also, whoever he DID send it to could have forwarded it to a friends and so on, so no one really knows WHO actually sold it - or do they???

Reactions: 6
Does anyone know for a FACT that it was his bitter ex girlfriend who sold it to the press, or are people taking Caroline's mum's word for that? Also, whoever he DID send it to could have forwarded it to a friends and so on, so no one really knows WHO actually sold it - or do they???
I think he apologised for sending it to the ex. Might be confused but too tired to Google.

Caroline told her Mum she sent it and her Mum recorded it at the inquest, which is essentially a court of law. He didn’t challenge or remark on it in his statement.

Reactions: 2
I’m sure she’d have been fine even with a court case, look how many people are justifying the attack on this thread alone, I don’t know Lewis so I can’t say anything about his personality but nobody deserves to be assaulted no matter what has or hasn’t supposedly happened

if Cheryl Cole can survive a racially motivated assault charge , I’m sure to hell Caroline would have with her career still in place

Reactions: 13
I’m sure she’d have been fine even with a court case, look how many people are justifying the attack on this thread alone, I don’t know Lewis so I can’t say anything about his personality but nobody deserves to be assaulted no matter what has or hasn’t supposedly happened

if Cheryl Cole can survive a racially motivated assault charge , I’m sure to hell Caroline would have with her career still in place
I agree. I suppose she was already mentally unstable and was overly focussed on the case itself.

I don’t think anyone on this thread said he deserved to be assaulted. Even if everything I have read about Lewis is true, he wouldn’t deserve that.

He sounds like an awful boyfriend and his actions lead me to believe that he was taking advantage of her vulnerabilities. Their relationship was completely toxic. If she had gone through a court case and got out of that relationship I am sure her career would have recovered. It appears she was just too unwell to cope with it all.

Replacing someone in a girl band is different to replacing a presenter. I thought Caroline was a good presenter but she would be easily replaced if ITV felt it wasn't worth the backlash. Cheryl wouldn't have survived the social media age, if her conviction happened today she would have got cancelled

Replacing someone in a girl band is different to replacing a presenter. I thought Caroline was a good presenter but she would be easily replaced if ITV felt it wasn't worth the backlash. Cheryl wouldn't have survived the social media age, if her conviction happened today she would have got cancelled
I agree with the bit about Cheryl. She was lucky that social media wasn’t a thing back then. She’s have been absolutely destroyed and to be honest she would have deserved it. I’ve never bought into the whole ‘nations sweetheart’ thing. She came across very protective/guarded which made her look nori f on X Factor.

Anyway
Can’t help but think Caroline would still be alive if it was not for the awfulness that is social media

Reactions: 10
Anyway
Can’t help but think Caroline would still be alive if it was not for the awfulness that is social media
There are quite a few celebs I like who don't have social media. Some celebs choose to have it and use it to their advantage to advertise their shows etc. Caroline wasn't forced to put her love life on her social media. You see loads of celebs not showing their kids faces or even their partners. There are a lot of people I follow who don't show anything to do with their private life.

• Heart
Reactions: 10
There are quite a few celebs I like who don't have social media. Some celebs choose to have it and use it to their advantage to advertise their shows etc. Caroline wasn't forced to put her love life on her social media. You see loads of celebs not showing their kids faces or even their partners. There are a lot of people I follow who don't show anything to do with their private life.
It’s so wise to keep things to yourself for so many reasons. There’s the safety aspect as well as privacy.

It’s not just sharing either. Celebs put intimate details of their lives out there and then read every single comment. I am sure I read something earlier in this thread about Caroline reading/looking for negative comments. That can’t be good for you and it must he so tempting.

Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.