Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Nearly every celeb sells photos to the press tips them off about what they are up to, who they are with etc, Princess di used to do it, most of the z listers don’t know any different, no excuse for violence though

I agree there is no excuse for mental abuse but it still doesn’t justify her hitting him.

she should have admitted hitting him took her punishment then done a big piece in the paper about how she was in a toxic relationship but violence is never the answer. That would have helped women who are in toxic relationships and everyone would have loved her for being human and humble

Reactions: 9
Nearly every celeb sells photos to the press tips them off about what they are up to, who they are with etc

I agree there is no excuse for mental abuse but it still doesn’t justify her hitting him.

she should have admitted hitting him took her punishment then done a big piece in the paper about how she was in a toxic relationship but violence is never the answer. That would have helped women who are in toxic relationships and everyone would have loved her for being human and humble
That would have been great. However, given she killed herself it would appear she wasn’t mentally stable enough to do that.

Caroline had to move as she was hounded by the press. I don’t think she was tipping them off. It appears Lewis has a great relationship with them. He is obviously not just tipping them off but benefitting financially from that relationship.

Mental abuse and physical abuse are the same. There is no excuse for either.

Reactions: 7
That would have been great. However, given she killed herself it would appear she wasn’t mentally stable enough to do that.

Caroline had to move as she was hounded by the press. I don’t think she was tipping them off. It appears Lewis has a great relationship with them. He is obviously not just tipping them off but benefitting financially from that relationship.

The act of killing yourself is mental abuse to your loved ones. Her boyfriend and her family will have live with and carry that for the rest their lives. By all accounts she'd threatened to do it with a previous partner, she knew there was a problem and should have sought help for her own mental health before going into another toxic relationship - unlike most of us she earned more than enough to pay for therapy.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
Sorry I wasn’t saying she was tipping them off (I don’t to know if that was always the case)I was meaning that with most celebs it’s part and parcel of their life, for them it’s normality

Reactions: 1
She took her own life.
I think that's the most unimaginable horrible place for anyone to be.
Famous or not.

Reactions: 23
Sorry I wasn’t saying she was tipping them off (I don’t to know if that was always the case)I was meaning that with most celebs it’s part and parcel of their life, for them it’s normality
Absolutely. There is also wide spread practice of lesser known faces setting up photo shoots together with the same press photographers so they can sell the photos together.
It’s usually a shoot of them exercising in a park or frolicking on a beach.
Some people do it for money and others do it for notoriety. I am not sure what Lewis’ motive is but it would appear he is working with them.

The act of killing yourself is mental abuse to your loved ones. Her boyfriend and her family will have live with and carry that for the rest their lives. By all accounts she'd threatened to do it with a previous partner, she knew there was a problem and should have sought help for her own mental health before going into another toxic relationship - unlike most of us she earned more than enough to pay for therapy.
I don’t think anyone commits suicide to mentally abuse others.

If you are mentally unstable enough to kill yourself you are unlikely to be thinking about anything else. I also think you can be so unwell that successful therapy seems beyond reach.

Mental illness does not discriminate. You could have all the money in the world and still be unable to control suicidal feelings/urges.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 19
Can someone link me the info about Lewis gaslighting Caroline and the coercive control please? I’ve not seen or heard it mentioned anywhere but on this thread. Thanks!

Reactions: 6
I agree there is no excuse for hitting a partner. No one has excused her actions.

There is no excuse for mental abuse either. They are the same thing. His abusive behaviour should be recognised for what it was; the same with Caroline’s.

There is also no excuse for selling intimate or private photos to the press, tipping off the press or lying to your partner. Are you saying that was justified because his partner was suicidal?
What mental abuse did he inflict on her? I'd be interested in where you got this story of him mentally abusing her. As far as I'm aware she saw a text she thought was dodgy. He said it was to or from an older lady acquaintance and was in no way salacious. If that is the case (and I'm happy to be corrected) then the mental abuse would be Caroline inflicting it on him, policeing his contacts and demanding to know his personal business.
It bugs me that people feel the need to excuse DV by citing "mental abuse" when there was no evidence of it. She still partied, dressed how she pleased, went out with her girlies and visited family and friends as usual. Her family liked Lewis and families are picky re blokes.

If you are mentally unstable enough to kill yourself you are unlikely to be thinking about anything else. I also think you can be so unwell that successful therapy seems beyond reach.

Mental illness does not discriminate. You could have all the money in the world and still be unable to control suicidal feelings/urges.
Whether there is intent there or not the result is the same and other people's lives are destroyed. Everyone knows its the ultimate act of selfishness. I feel sad she felt compelled to do it, especially given she'd had a warning from previous experience.

It's not been reported anywhere that I've seen that she sought and received therapy, maybe she did, maybe she didn't. But she should have done.

Reactions: 2
Can someone link me the info about Lewis gaslighting Caroline and the coercive control please? I’ve not seen or heard it mentioned anywhere but on this thread. Thanks!
Whether there is intent there or not the result is the same and other people's lives are destroyed. Everyone knows its the ultimate act of selfishness. I feel sad she felt compelled to do it, especially given she'd had a warning from previous experience.

It's not been reported anywhere that I've seen that she sought and received therapy, maybe she did, maybe she didn't. But she should have done.
Firstly - as someone who lost someone close to suicide I take offence at you referring to their actions as ‘The Ultimate Act of Selfishness’. They were sick. Mental illness is a just that - a sickness. You can’t be responsible for your actions if you are mentally ill. Well people do not commit suicide.

As for Lewis... It’s my opinion that he was coercing/gaslighting Caroline and it comes from the information recorded her inquest. It doesn’t need to be reported but it is in the press. His behaviour on the evening and following the attack is what makes me question if he was mentally abusing her. She was mentally vulnerable having threatened suicide and he was aware of that.

1) He was texting ex girlfriends behind her back.

2) He threatened her with ruin on the night if the attack - “You’re Fucked Now” (Why not just call the police?)

3) He leaked photos of that night knowing she was in a mentally vulnerable state and suicidal having just cut her wrists.

Finally - if you really want to split hairs - she was never found guilty of hitting him. Therefor is innocent. She didn’t have the opportunity to defend her actions in court. Perhaps she admitted hitting him in the midst of trauma and in the cold light of day realised she had a legal defence for hitting him.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Firstly - as someone who lost someone close to suicide I take offence at you referring to their actions as ‘The Ultimate Act of Selfishness’. They were sick. Mental illness is a just that - a sickness. You can’t be responsible for your actions if you are mentally ill. Well people do not commit suicide.

As for Lewis... It’s my opinion that he was coercing/gaslighting Caroline and it comes from the information recorded her inquest. It doesn’t need to be reported but it is in the press. His behaviour on the evening and following the attack is what makes me question if he was mentally abusing her. She was mentally vulnerable having threatened suicide and he was aware of that.

2) He threatened her with ruin on the night if the attack - “You’re Fucked Now” (Why not just call the police?)

3) He leaked photos of that night knowing she was in a mentally vulnerable state and suicidal having just cut her wrists.

Finally - if you really want to split hairs - she was never found guilty of hitting him. Therefor is innocent. She didn’t have the opportunity to defend her actions in court. Perhaps she admitted hitting him in the midst of trauma and in the cold light of day realised she had a legal defence for hitting him.
1) Who said he was texting girlfriends behind her back? If you mean EXgirlfriends then why not? I'm still friends with exes and would certainly text them if I wanted to ask them about something or wish them happy birthday. Must he ghost exes in case Caroline threw a wobbler?

2) Of course he threatened her on the night because he knew she'd gone too far, and I bet he called her a few cunty names too, because she cracked his skull open with a lamp(or whatever). What he didnt do was hit her like she had hit him. He had more control of himself despite being battered awake by his head getting battered.

3)He didn't "leak photos". He sent them to a friend which is what DV experts advise victims to do before any evidence gets cleared away. If the friend leaked them then that's on her, not him.

I see no evidence of gaslighting or mental abuse in anything he did.

To be clear, I never liked him and thought him a publicity bleep but that doesn't make him some sort of Svengali who manipulated a poor little innocent friendless waif. They used each other and it ended badly but it isn't his fault

Reactions: 10

Opinion isn’t fact. We’ve all got opinions on any number of topics but it’s totally irresponsible to accuse someone of emotional and mental abuse when you don’t know the facts of the situation, or the people involved for that matter. It’s not fair to make assumptions based on limited knowledge of the events of one night and label someone an abuser. And the only legal defence for committing violence against another person would be self defence but since Lewis was asleep at the time, I doubt Caroline’s solicitor would have thought that was a viable option had the case gone to court.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Opinion isn’t fact. We’ve all got opinions on any number of topics but it’s totally irresponsible to accuse someone of emotional and mental abuse when you don’t know the facts of the situation, or the people involved for that matter. It’s not fair to make assumptions based on limited knowledge of the events of one night and label someone an abuser. And the only legal defence for committing violence against another person would be self defence but since Lewis was asleep at the time, I doubt Caroline’s solicitor would have thought that was a viable option had the case gone to court.
I never said it was fact. I was always careful in my posts to say I think or IMO. I reckon she had a pretty good defence given he leaked photos and threatened her with ruin after she had slashed her wrists.

Given she wasn’t convicted her guilt is opinion and whether or not she had a defence is opinion.

1) Who said he was texting girlfriends behind her back? If you mean EXgirlfriends then why not? I'm still friends with exes and would certainly text them if I wanted to ask them about something or wish them happy birthday. Must he ghost exes in case Caroline threw a wobbler?

2) Of course he threatened her on the night because he knew she'd gone too far, and I bet he called her a few cunty names too, because she cracked his skull open with a lamp(or whatever). What he didnt do was hit her like she had hit him. He had more control of himself despite being battered awake by his head getting battered.

3)He didn't "leak photos". He sent them to a friend which is what DV experts advise victims to do before any evidence gets cleared away. If the friend leaked them then that's on her, not him.

I see no evidence of gaslighting or mental abuse in anything he did.

To be clear, I never liked him and thought him a publicity bleep but that doesn't make him some sort of Svengali who manipulated a poor little innocent friendless waif. They used each other and it ended badly but it isn't his fault
I did mean ex girlfriends. I am sure you’re open about relationships with ex partners. As I am I. It was in the inquest that he was texting people behind her back knowing she was vulnerable and insecure about that particular relationship.

She didn’t crack his skull open. He wasn’t battered - even he said that. Although that doesn’t excuse her hitting him. No one deserve to be hit.

Why threaten someone who was bleeding profusely with ruin by the press? Doesn’t make sense.

The police had already photographed the scene. He was not acting on DV advice. Putting the photos in the hands of someone who might leak them is leaking them...

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
Absolutely. There is also wide spread practice of lesser known faces setting up photo shoots together with the same press photographers so they can sell the photos together.
It’s usually a shoot of them exercising in a park or frolicking on a beach.
Some people do it for money and others do it for notoriety. I am not sure what Lewis’ motive is but it would appear he is working with them.

You are spot on about a suicide attempt. My ex wife accused me of doing it to get at her. Being a narcissist it was no surprise that she made it about her but the truth of the matter is that I was so worn down with the toxicity and negativity of the relationship that I didn’t feel that I could carry on any more. Fortunately I survived and managed to get my life back on track but never for one moment have I thought back to the bad old days and come to the conclusion that it was done to get at her. It was always about my inability to deal with the situation.

Lewis’ mentally abusing and coercively controlling Caroline is abuse too.

Caroline hit him but there is no suggestion that she ‘battered’ him or subjected him to repeated violence.
I never said it was fact. I was always careful in my posts to say I think or IMO. I reckon she had a pretty good defence given he leaked photos and threatened her with ruin after she had slashed her wrists.

Given she wasn’t convicted her guilt is opinion and whether or not she had a defence is opinion.
Lewis’ mentally abusing and coercively controlling Caroline is abuse too. Direct quote from you - no “I think” or “in my opinion” about it. How can what happened after the event be used as a defence? Your argument makes no sense. Even if he sent a pic to his ex and she cut her wrists in the aftermath, the guy was asleep when she whacked him with a phone with enough force to draw blood. What happened after the fact could never have been used in her defence had the case gone to trial.

Lewis’ mentally abusing and coercively controlling Caroline is abuse too. Direct quote from you - no “I think” or “in my opinion” about it. How can what happened after the event be used as a defence? Your argument makes no sense. Even if he sent a pic to his ex and she cut her wrists in the aftermath, the guy was asleep when she whacked him with a phone with enough force to draw blood. What happened after the fact could never have been used in her defence had the case gone to trial.
Read back through the thread. I shouldn’t have to repeat myself in an ongoing conversation.

A victim of coercive control just had a murder conviction over thrown. You don’t need to hit people to abuse them in my opinion.

• Haha
Reactions: 2
He sent the photo to an ex of 6 years that had previously sold a story to the press and said that he was playing them both.
It’s fine to be friends with an ex if you’re open with it, but I’m surprised that after doing that they would be on the best of terms. And of all people to send the photo to, must have really been hurtful to Caroline after reading that story, and probably been told by Lewis that it was all nonsense and nothing to worry about.

Reactions: 8
A victim of coercive control just had a murder conviction over thrown. You don’t need to hit people to abuse them in my opinion.
Was that the woman who killed her husband with the hammer? I don't believe her story at all.

Reactions: 1
Read back through the thread. I shouldn’t have to repeat myself in an ongoing conversation.

What proof do you have that Caroline was under coercive control? None. Pretty despicable to try and make a connection between the two cases imo. Also VERY sneaky to edit the post and add that bit after I had responded with a laughing emoji.

• Haha
This is a very old fashioned view of suicide. It’s not selfish. It’s beyond desperate. It’s extreme sickness. Yes, it destroys lives but so do many deaths of loved ones. It is a tragedy and it is not always avoidable. It is certainly not selfish.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.