Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As a woman who’s husband killed himself I Think he was completely selfish and took a easy way out, he left me with a just turned 3 year old who was only learning about the outside world and left him angry for years, so yes he was very very selfish
I completely disagree. To keep fighting when all you want to do is escape, can feel impossible. Its heartbreaking for those left behind, but its heartbreaking feeling like that also.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I completely disagree. To keep fighting when all you want to do is escape, can feel impossible. Its heartbreaking for those left behind, but its heartbreaking feeling like that also.
I couldn’t agree more. It is the most awful situation to be in and those who have not been there can never understand the hell and torment that you go through. I can fully understand why those left behind are angry, but they need to try and understand that it is a place where reason and logic disappear into a fog of despair and confusion. People see you with an arm in a sling and you get tons of sympathy. Mental illness often shows no clear outward signs and garners very little sympathy. Suicide is awful both for those who die by their own hand and for those too who are left behind.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
This article below is an interview with Matt Richardson, he presented the Xtra Factor with Caroline, this was before Andrew or Lewis, it's very telling of what she was like as a person, she clearly was troubled. Matt says she was very stubborn

“I can't sit here and pretend our working relationship was plain sailing. We argued a lot and fell out a lot.

“But we sit down and we'd really talk it out. She could be difficult and stubborn sometimes. We pushed back against each other.”

I think her stubbornness and paranoia is what led to her downfall, I think its all too easy to blame the boyfriend who was only on the scene a few months when she had been like this for years.

Both Matt and Olly Murs hinted that she could be difficult and that she would obsessively check twitter during the ad breaks on Xtra Factor, long before her Love Island heydays.

The truth is the woman should of sought professional help years ago, but she didnt, she was 40 years old and jumped from disastrous relationship to the next leaving a trail of destruction in her wake, she hung out with people much younger than her and lived the party lifestyle, courted the press, sold stories and pics to the press when it suited her but couldnt handle situations when they didn't go her way, I dont buy the emotionally abused by Lewis scenario at all, she liked lads, he was a lad, she should of got herself a man but that wasn't what she wanted, she was a teenager is a 40 year olds body, sure Lewis probably was riding on the coat tails, maybe he wasnt as in to her as she was him, but doesnt justify him being lumped on the head with something in his sleep and then being blame for her downfall and suicide, nope that was all Caroline, she just couldn't cope with fame and adulthood, a sorry tale but no one to blame but herself.

Reactions: 20
It sounds like she argued and fell out with a lot of people she worked and was friends with.That seems to have been her way.She was clearly a complicated woman.I liked Caroline, but she was a weird mix of insecurity and bolshiness.

Reactions: 5
I read an interview with Caroline in Cosmo magazine a couple of years ago. I believe she did have therapy. I know she said she suffered from depression after her strictly win.

None of us on here know what it’s like to have that level of fame and be arrested and have it played out on the front pages of the Sun.

I get why the CPS prosecuted. It’s still very sad that she’s dead.

I’ve known people to be arrested and be absolutely blindsided by it to the point that their first thought was suicide. I don’t know how she must have been feeling knowing it would have been played out in public.

She liked younger guys, plenty of people do. The bottom line is she made a huge mistake and she’s dead now.

Ive also lost someone I loved to suicide. It’s awful. You never get over it. You live with it, that’s all you can do.

Reactions: 11
It sounds like she argued and fell out with a lot of people she worked and was friends with.That seems to have been her way.She was clearly a complicated woman.I liked Caroline, but she was a weird mix of insecurity and bolshiness.
That chap said she was like a sister so it’s a little confusing. Have you listened to the Podcast? I haven’t but without hearing it The interview is just snippets from it so it’s hard to understand the context of his comments. He is spot on about reading comments about herself and it sounds like he was good enough to tell her not to do that. She should have listened. That sounds like torture. She had a lot of good friends and seemed well liked but she was obviously very complicated.

Reactions: 2
I’ve just read through this thread and astounded by the defending of Caroline hitting Lewis including if he wasn’t asleep it wouldn’t be bad bad! What difference does that make.
It really reminds me of a male friend who suffered domestic abuse and when it came out a lot of comments were around
‘He must have done something women don’t just hit men for no reason’
‘We all do things in the heat of the moment’
I’m not saying Lewis was any saint by the sounds of it he sounds like an **** but he didn’t deserve the lamp being thrown at his head. Imagine if it was the other way round and he found messages on her phone and threw the lamp at her head no one would be defending or justifying his behaviour. Rightly so but just because she was a women it shouldn’t be any different
I do feel sorry for Caroline I think she had a lot of demons and picked the wrong blokes however in this situation she had done wrong and I think the cps were correct. It sounded like a very toxic relationship how do we know this is the first time she had been abusive towards him? There is that saying in domestic abuse cases if they’ve hit you once they’ll do it again no matter how sorry they are. Unfortunately I doubt it was this different in this case

Locking thread because it keeps being bumped about her ex who has his own thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.