Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think it might be fair to say that you read the newspapers report on the hearing, and embellished it with your own opinions, no?

I would politely suggest that you read back what you originally posted.

"also know she did this in a previous relationship, and was apparently abusive to him too"

Know this how exactly? Oh because Andrew Brady said so on social media?

"Threatening suicide to the police unless they drop the charges is abusive."
"unless they drop charges"... fabrication.

"Slitting your wrists when you’re not getting your way is abusive."
Really now? We're you a huge one direction fan back in the day by any remote chance?
I’m well into my 40s so far too old to be a directioner I’m afraid. Although they did have some good tunes.
Thanks for the advice but I would politely suggest you read the actual transcript from the court hearing, in particular the comments from Ms Weiss from the prosecution before you tell me I’m embellishing or exaggerating.

Reactions: 18
I’m well into my 40s so far too old to be a directioner I’m afraid. Although they did have some good tunes.
Thanks for the advice but I would politely suggest you read the actual transcript from the court hearing, in particular the comments from Ms Weiss from the prosecution before you tell me I’m embellishing or exaggerating.
Please can you link to the transcript? I tried to find it before but something I read said transcripts aren’t taken in Magistrates Court (can’t remember where I read it though).

Edit: Sorry, it was on the Gov.uk website. I don’t think there are actually transcripts for the court hearing - only what the press reported.
9687EE5E-83B9-4782-9816-EADA727D7425.jpeg

Reactions: 1
Still catching up with this fast moving thread so v sorry if this has been posted
But
I’m only five minutes in but wanted to share this podcast from 2018 - Caroline being interviewed by Natalie Pinkham and talking about her life. Will update if there’s anything relevant but so far just talking about how close she is with her twin and how they can’t live without each other. 😢

(If the link doesn’t work search In The Pink on wherever you get your podcasts...)

• Sad
Reactions: 2
It's not, it's what Lewis Burton said, according to the court hearing.

According to that, her rampage continued at the police station too, culminating in her flipping over a table and having to be held down on the police station floor.
I thought it was him that said she ruined his life. Reading the article again it was actually the other way round. I highly doubt this particular incident was the first of it's kind, just that this one went much further. I think there was much more going on behind closed doors that we will never know about. Maybe she was abusing and manipulating him, but maybe he was doing exactly the same in return.

Reactions: 3
You can like and feel badly about Caroline, without trying to change the facts. You can feel bad she hung herself, and yet understand that the people closest to her failed her. CPS doesn’t talk to her everyday and isn’t close friends with her. They are not meant to know exactly what her situation is.
their job is to prosecute and event that happened, and was called in as an attack on Andrew BY ANDREW.

• Heart
Reactions: 15

According to that, her rampage continued at the police station too, culminating in her flipping over a table and having to be held down on the police station floor.
[/QUOTE]

According to the Daily Record? Will we ever learn? She was taken to hospital from the flat and not questioned for 12 hours. The "table flip" was at the flat.

Do link me the transcript? (Not a rags version of it). Where are the points you made (and I quoted) in that?

Last edited:
  • Wow
Still catching up with this fast moving thread so v sorry if this has been posted
But
I’m only five minutes in but wanted to share this podcast from 2018 - Caroline being interviewed by Natalie Pinkham and talking about her life. Will update if there’s anything relevant but so far just talking about how close she is with her twin and how they can’t live without each other. 😢

(If the link doesn’t work search In The Pink on wherever you get your podcasts...)

Jesus 6 minutes in and I'm ready to ball!! I'm not one for crying at other people's lives but christ her family, especially her sister must be absolutely beside themselves 😭

• Sad
You can like and feel badly about Caroline, without trying to change the facts. You can feel bad she hung herself, and yet understand that the people closest to her failed her. CPS doesn’t talk to her everyday and isn’t close friends with her. They are not meant to know exactly what her situation is.
their job is to prosecute and event that happened, and was called in as an attack on Andrew BY ANDREW.
Equally, you can dislike her as much as you feel the need to, without having to manipulate lies in the press, and half truths from "friends".

It's possible. It's also possible he was half out of it and didn't take in the exact details of how the lamp hurt him. She may have hurled the lamp in his general direction without intending for it to make contact. But as the person on the receiving end of a rage that could be terrifying.

Or maybe she did actually deliberately hit him over the head with the lamp. Until he speaks out about it we won't know, and may never know. But there are a number of possibilities.
I don’t think what really happened will ever come out of his mouth now. The victim guilt must be off the scale. I hope he has loads support and doesn’t follow suit.... 🙁

Reactions: 10
Just a few things that I have observed and thought about (I do work within a domestic abuse support role so it's not bobbins).

1. The instruction of CF and LB to have no contact. That's something that is not done lightly. There must have been a real indication of risk, witness manipulation, further violence. There were no children. That gave me an indication of a high level of risk.

2. The risk assessment used to indicate DA covers a huge range of questions. The score and any professional judgements are used to determine a level of risk. This will have been done with the victim, highly likely straight after the incident. Even if the victim doesn't wish to answer, the attending officer can make comments such as weapons used, abuse getting worse, abuse against pets etc... Also a DA report will mention any previous callouts, markers on the address and things like mental health concerns.

3. The CPS are taking a tiny amount of cases to Court atm. The CJ system is buckling due to staffing issues and under funding. To pursue such a high profile case suggests to me that they had tight evidence and was sure of a conviction.

4. To blame the agencies involved in supporting a victim of DA is insulting. So much work is done and has been done of a type of crime that 20 years ago wouldn't have even been recognised. Especially male victims. The reporting statistics are shocking, support is seriously lacking and when I read what I have over the past few days it's no wonder that male victims don't feel supported. The paperwork, safeguarding, meetings with professionals, supervision and hours that go into each case that identifies a victim of DA is terrifying, but necessary.

Sorry if I've rambled, I have loads more to say, however just wanted to end on this.
It is a real shame that CF maybe felt like ending her life (until the inquest, I will stick with maybe) was the only way out. My thoughts are with her family and friends. That said, it still concerns me that there is a blind following of #BeKind and that CF is now the true victim. I find that offensive to anyone who has ever been a victim and is a survivor of DA.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
I mentioned this earlier, but evidence is not presented in a plea and case management hearing. It is presented in the trial.
Yes , but the prosecutor was clearly outlining their case and referring to evidence they planned to bring later. Whether it's the normal or not, that is what they said to the court. It wasn't a leak. It was part of that day's procedure.

Again, please link it. And not a DM, Mirror, Sun report, the actual transcript.

P. S. Did you mean Andrew in your OP?
You aren’t going to believe anything that anyone says anyway. I don’t understand why you are so angry about it. The people who reported on the court hearing were there. In person. I am sure the whole thing will be printed after the case is adjourned. Perhaps that will convince you.

• Heart
Reactions: 11

According to the Daily Record? Will we ever learn? She was taken to hospital from the flat and not questioned for 12 hours. The "table flip" was at the flat.

Where did this information come from? Assuming you have a source more reliable than the press reports.

You aren’t going to believe anything that anyone says anyway. I don’t understand why you are so angry about it. The people who reported on the court hearing were there. In person. I am sure the whole thing will be printed after the case is adjourned. Perhaps that will convince you.
people need to be pedantic 🙄

• Haha
Where is this mythical court transcript that somebody has supposedly read?

I mentioned this earlier, but evidence is not presented in a plea and case management hearing. It is presented in the trial.
The prosecution may present their outline at this stage, particularly if the bail conditions are being revised or a change in risk has been signalled.
Didn't someone mention that CF's defence ask for the no contact condition be lifted?
There would certainly have been an updated MARAC to consider.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.