Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She wrote: "I have always taken responsibility for what happened that night. Even on the night. But the truth is .... It was an accident.

"I've been having some sort of emotional breakdown for a very long time.

"But I am NOT a domestic abuser. We had an argument and an accident happened. An accident."

None of this sounds like someone "taking responsibility" to be honest. It sounds more like excuses and explaining away a serious incident. It is exactly the kind of platitudes one would expect from an abuser. Unless he tripped over her foot and bumped his head during the argument, or something along those lines?!

I think the advisors were right to tell her not to publish this.

• Heart
Reactions: 30
Laura Whitmore has been really vocal about Caroline/be kind/the press/trolls

so was it planned or just really, really bad timing that the dress she wore at the awards has newspapers all over it 😐

29DD4E96-ECBD-4769-ACD2-1D3514E9444B.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 10
If you believe the neighbour she was a nightmare to live next to. Partying at all hours and sending her mum round to ask him to stop complaining. Self-medicating? Possibly.

Reactions: 4
When I first read her statement, I thought - gosh, an accident! And then I remembered every single abusive relationship I’ve been in, where it was always an “accident” We definitely don’t know what happened but I find seeing LB’s head-wound offensive, if he was a women we would be up in arms. Fact is - it looks pretty deep, could be hiding more and for her to have hit his head - he must have been lying or sitting down... it’s all very sad and I feel weirdly obsessed by it all. She must have been in such an awful state :(

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Laura Whitmore has been really vocal about Caroline/be kind/the press/trolls

so was it planned or just really, really bad timing that the dress she wore at the awards has newspapers all over it 😐

View attachment 85940
Making a statement? I know a lot of people were vocal about her appearing in public so soon after CF died. Not sure how easy it would be for her to get time off from a major event like the Brits though. She's probably contracted for appearances like that and I doubt she is wealthy enough to be able to breach her contract, lose income, whatever the repercussions would be. She can't just phone in sick like a regular employee.

Reactions: 6
Agree re Whitmore, they were friends - never proclaimed to be best friends and she’s must probably contractually obliged

Hanging though, you know your family is going to find you.. the most awful thing

Reactions: 3
Can someone link to the picture of this “scratch”. I’m also somewhat unsettled at the the obvious minimising of what was clearly a very distressing incident that night. Lewis rang operators pleading for help, that she hit him with a lamp as he slept and that she was going to kill him and apparently Caroline can be heard being verbally abusive in the background. She flipped a table, cut her wrists and had to be physically restrained. She called Lewis and asshole and vile and was said to be “manipulative” towards him. Once cautioned she flipped out again and threatened to kill herself.

This was all told to the court at her hearing in December. Why are people trying to minimise and downplay something that was clearly very viscous and dangerous? It doesn’t sound like an accident to me.

With this considered itv would have been mad not to replace her for this series. It’s just a pity that she didn’t see this through and defend herself in court. We also only saw one picture and one pool of blood on the bed. We don’t know what the rest of the house looked like. And despite Caroline insisting it was her blood, we actually don’t know that for certain, a trial would have determined that as it all would have been tested.

It’s very sad and tragic that she felt this was her only way out but I don’t understand why people are now absolving her from clearly breaking the law and being violent, the consequences of which she clearly couldn’t cope with.

A violent outburst like hers shouldn’t be excused, minimised or simplified because she is no longer here. It sounds like an extremely nasty situation that had every right to end up in front of a judge.

Caroline was clearly an unwell girl with a lot of mental health struggles. I’m sad for her friends and her family but can we please stop with the “it was only a scratch” and “it was just a domestic”, because we are bringing everything anyone who has ever cared about domestic violence and campaigns back years.

Her death can’t be simplified or summed up by a hashtag. Nor can future suicides be prevented by simply being kind. To say that is to simplify the complexity of mental health struggles and make a complex decision seem extremely one dimensional.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Making a statement? I know a lot of people were vocal about her appearing in public so soon after CF died. Not sure how easy it would be for her to get time off from a major event like the Brits though. She's probably contracted for appearances like that and I doubt she is wealthy enough to be able to breach her contract, lose income, whatever the repercussions would be. She can't just phone in sick like a regular employee.
I don’t know, I assumed she would have had her dress picked before last weekend.
is it mick jagger on a panel at the side? (I only saw it briefly)
which is what she called her dog, so I assume this isn’t a “statement” piece 😐
I think it’s just unfortunate timing when people are SOOO vocal about shutting down the press 😬

I don’t blame her for going at all.

Reactions: 2
I wonder who did. Who had access to that? Only the police ? CPS? Caroline? Lewis?
The CPS don’t release evidence to the press prior to a trial, only to the defence solicitor. They are also very careful about what they release post trial.

Reactions: 1
Can someone link to the picture of this “scratch”. I’m also somewhat unsettled at the the obvious minimising of what was clearly a very distressing incident that night. Lewis rang operators pleading for help, that she hit him with a lamp as he slept and that she was going to kill him and apparently Caroline can be heard being verbally abusive in the background. She flipped a table, cut her wrists and had to be physically restrained. She called Lewis and asshole and vile and was said to be “manipulative” towards him. Once cautioned she flipped out again and threatened to kill herself.

This was all told to the court at her hearing in December. Why are people trying to minimise and downplay something that was clearly very viscous and dangerous? It doesn’t sound like an accident to me.

With this considered itv would have been mad not to replace her for this series. It’s just a pity that she didn’t see this through and defend herself in court. We also only saw one picture and one pool of blood on the bed. We don’t know what the rest of the house looked like. And despite Caroline insisting it was her blood, we actually don’t know that for certain, a trial would have determined that as it all would have been tested.

It’s very sad and tragic that she felt this was her only way out but I don’t understand why people are now absolving her from clearly breaking the law and being violent, the consequences of which she clearly couldn’t cope with.

A violent outburst like hers shouldn’t be excused, minimised or simplified because she is no longer here. It sounds like an extremely nasty situation that had every right to end up in front of a judge.

Caroline was clearly an unwell girl with a lot of mental health struggles. I’m sad for her friends and her family but can we please stop with the “it was only a scratch” and “it was just a domestic”, because we are bringing everything anyone who has ever cared about domestic violence and campaigns back years.

Her death can’t be simplified or summed up by a hashtag. Nor can future suicides be prevented by simply being kind. To say that is to simplify the complexity of mental health struggles and make a complex decision seem extremely one dimensional.
C1233C2F-AE14-4C54-9A49-BE8216C31171.jpeg

She was clearly very unwell mentally, there were reports that’s her ex Andrew had called an ambulance in the past because he was concerned for her welfare. This was going back a year ago. She would get into manic states and threaten suicide.

The night her boyfriend called the police she was screaming that he was an asshole and that he had ruined her life. This can be heard in the background in the 999 call that he made. This was a fact that the media reported from the court hearing. He probably woke up to the lamp being thrown at him, and his phone and completely freaked out at the blood all over the bed. She had lacerations on the left wrist which the media said was due to glass being thrown but insiders on here have revealed she slashed her wrist. Of course he called the ambulance, he must have been terrified at the state she was in. I’m sorry, but that’s not an accident. Having violent outbursts is not an accident. Screaming, throwing tables over in a violent rage and shouting that your going to kill yourself.

When the police showed up they were both covered in blood. He had blood down his face and she had blood all over her from the lacerations. He was probably trying to stop her from bleeding also.

had it happened before? Did she threaten suicide on a regular basis as a means to control him. I’m not sure what constitutes domestic violence. Perhaps she didn’t mean to hurt him and that’s what she means. She clearly needed help or at least a mental health diagnoses.

she had serious mental heath problems, whether on not she got offered support for this remains to be seen. She should have been reviewed by a psychologist. Maybe she refused any help or treatment?

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
I wonder if it was in part her friends and family seeing that side of her. The fear of them seeing her differently?

Reactions: 8
Stephanie Davis has been absolutely nauseating throughout all this. That one can’t even be trusted to change her knickers on the daily never mind change any laws.
Considering her bf at the time (a few years ago) had his own battered face, correct me if I’m wrong but I don’t recall if the perpetrator was punished, unless there was a gag order?

Reactions: 4
She reminds me of my sister - loving, kind, would give the shirt off her back. And then.... black black moods, will say and do anything to hurt you whilst attempting suicide. Been wondered previously but I do wonder if she was bi-polar

Reactions: 12
She was clearly very unwell mentally, there were reports that’s her ex Andrew had called an ambulance in the past because he was concerned for her welfare. This was going back a year ago. She would get into manic states and threaten suicide.

The night her boyfriend called the police she was screaming that he was an asshole and that he had ruined her life. This can be heard in the background in the 999 call that he made. This was a fact that the media reported from the court hearing. He probably woke up to the lamp being thrown at him, and his phone and completely freaked out at the blood all over the bed. She had lacerations on the left wrist which the media said was due to glass being thrown but insiders on here have revealed she slashed her wrist. Of course he called the ambulance, he must have been terrified at the state she was in. I’m sorry, but that’s not an accident. Having violent outbursts is not an accident. Screaming, throwing tables over in a violent rage and shouting that your going to kill yourself.

When the police showed up they were both covered in blood. He had blood down his face and she had blood all over her from the lacerations. He was probably trying to stop her from bleeding also.

had it happened before? Did she threaten suicide on a regular basis as a means to control him. I’m not sure what constitutes domestic violence

she had serious mental heath problems, whether on not she got offered support for this remains to be seen. She should have been reviewed by a psychologist. Maybe she refused any help or treatment?
I think threatening suicide regularly would come under coercive control (maybe that's where the view that she was manipulative towards LB came from) but domestic abuse and coercive control go hand in hand really.

EDIT - ok, maybe not reading through this list here although I'm sure that's not exhaustive.

Funny how he’s suddenly forgotten that and jumped ship 🙄🤦🏼‍♀️ No what this weasel is really up to is simply riding her death for his own gain (attention, sympathy, magazine deal? Etc.) That’s why he was all for outing Caroline and sharing his NDA in the first place. He’s irrelevant and he thought he could jump on her to be relevant again.
Why is sharing an NDA “jumping on her”??

Reactions: 2
And I also have to say that threatening to kill yourself to the police if they pursue charges and threatening to kill yourself to your boyfriend is extremely disturbing behaviour.

People who do that are often very manipulative.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
She reminds me of my sister - loving, kind, would give the shirt off her back. And then.... black black moods, will say and do anything to hurt you whilst attempting suicide. Been wondered previously but I do wonder if she was bi-polar
I'd wondered if CF was ever diagnosed with Borderline Personality Disorder, or whatever it's called now.

A very sad situation and maybe we’ll never know the full story behind it . I made a post on the other thread regarding CF.
I personally have no interest in social media at all or the remotest interest in celebrities lives . I do however think I’ve been around long enough and witnessed and behaved mannerisms regarding cocaine and alcohol fuelled binges .DV is not just a trait attributed to working class binge drinking and living on the breadline . Unless you’ve been there it is hard to describe the anger issues it can cause particularly over a long period of time. I’m sure there are other halves on here who have been subjected to vicious verbal or physical attacks just because their partners are on a comedown . For non users multiple your worst hangover by 5 and you’re about there .Add in a bit of jealously usually stemmed from acute paranoia over many years and you have a ticking time bomb. This happens a lot behind closed doors all over the country so the show biz or social media has nothing to do with it . If you were of sound mind you either brush it off or ignore it all together
otherwise there would be hundreds of personalities causing mayhem . It seems these days many celebs want to play the mental health card / fad of the week / food of the month half of them don’t know who they are . They go for all the fitness / healthy food option then go loopy on booze and coke at the weekend , thinking they’ll work it off . Complete nonsense it will try to steal your soul more quickly to some than others . Hence why a lot people keep going as they think well all my friends do it still and they’re all right, everyone is different and people are affected in different ways.
Mental health is a problem but you have to be honest about EVERYTHING otherwise it won’t work . There is no magic bean that counteracts long term cocaine and alcohol abuse . All this talk of 800k signatures for social media privacy is a waste of time it’s not the issue . You’d be better off signing the End of the Line partition.

I feel so sad for Caroline that she had to put everything out on the table for the public to see , but also we don’t know how many times before had she close brushes with the police , I just wish she’d had a caution years before enough to make sit up think .

RIP Caroline

Reactions: 13
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.