Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you're experiencing difficulties please contact an organisation below for help

• Samaritans (http://www.samaritans.org/) is a registered charity aimed at providing emotional support to anyone in distress or at risk of suicide throughout the United Kingdom.[31]They provide a 24/7, toll-free crisis line, as well as local branches.
    • Samaritans Helpline can be reached at 116 123.
    • Samaritans' previous hotline number, 08457 90 90 90, is no longer in use. Calling this line may result in charges for call forwarding.
  • Campaign Against Living Miserably (https://www.thecalmzone.net/) is a registered charity[32] based in England. It was launched in March 2006 as a campaign aimed at bringing the suicide rate down among men aged 15–35.[33]It has a limited-hour phone and webchat options.
    • CALM (Nationwide) can be reached at 0800 58 58 58 (available every day from 5PM to midnight).
    • CALM (London) can be reached at 0808 802 58 58 (available every day from 5PM to midnight).
    • CALM webchat can be found at https://www.thecalmzone.net/help/get-help/ (available every day from 5PM to midnight).
  • Shout (https://www.giveusashout.org/) is the UK's first free 24/7 text service for anyone in crisis anytime, anywhere. It is a place to go for those struggling to cope and in need of immediate help. Shout exists in the US as 'Crisis Text Line', but this is the first time the tried and tested technology has come to the UK.
    • Text HELP to 85258

Please be respectful of Caroline's family.

Reactions: 15
Posted this on the previous thread just before it was closed: I’m not quoting that telegraph article, but I’d like to know why isn’t there more accountability within the police service? Why has the DT has sight of this officer’s notes as if it’s totally normal? Is there a financial incentive to said officer; which, if so, breaks professional standards?

These details becoming public prior to the trial and verdict would surely have prejudiced the case against Caroline. It’s not enough for a judge to tell the jury to ignore everything they may have read is it, as their minds will clearly already have been made up. Surely it would be obvious to their superiors who the officer is that leaked these notes to the press? Was the Levenson enquiry all for naught? Trial by scummy media

Apologies for all the questions, to think our justice system is lauded as being the envy of the world. I don’t bloody think so 😡

• Haha
Reactions: 11
It's all really very sad that Caroline chose to take her own life, nobody in the world should feel that low or unhappy to get to a point where they lock themselves in a flat and convince friends they're okay to then harm themselves and pass away.

However, in reponse to some of the comments made all over the internet. Say if there was a law passed that Caroline and Lewis' 'incident' doesn't get put in the public unless she's found guilty, who's to say she wouldn't have committed the tragic circumstances anyway? Perhaps there was evidence that was going to come out and she may have even been embarrassed or ashamed. Maybe even if she didn't even do any wrong, she may have been embarrassed about the public knowing about her self harm, she clearly had mental health issues and struggled with self harming, plus was banned from talking to her love.

So if she had done something she didn't want to be known, imagine if the general public didn't know that there was the trial and 'incident' going on, she may still have killed herself knowing what would come out about her guilty or not, plus people talk and celebs friends aren't exactly to be trusted. I guarantee someone around her would have leaked the info out there to others, anyway. I think the public and the whole thing would have more muddy waters and confusion around it if the original 'incident' wasn't shared.

Even the general public get their name exposed for quite horrendous things when they go on trial and when they later get found not guilty. They may get their named cleared but if you're in the news 'suspected of rape/murder', that won't necessarily stop people staring at you in the street or nudging each other and pointing at you, even when acquitted.

These celebs know that being in the public eye it won't be easy, they will be stalked by paparazzi, have fake friends and people who don't even know them try to make fake stories to sell money, be wound up to expect retaliation like Caroline allegedly having her tyres slashed, people being with you for the wrong reasons, lies made about you in the press, online hate, the list could go on. If you choose to put yourself in the public eye then you should understand that scrutiny goes with your job. I'm not saying death threats are okay towards Caroline or personal evil things, but people have a right to opinion of her as we all do on here about celebs... They push themselves out there and when things are going well they love all the attention and want the whole world to know, look at me! When it all goes wrong it's, the press and British media are cutthroat to us, sign this petition, stop allowing them to print so much hate blah blah.

Also my final point, Caroline must have known she had something not quite right inside of her by now, especially going through a partner's phone and alledging to want to kill herself and slashing herself. You can tell she had her own unfortunate demons going on and most probably with drinks and drugs, her up and down relationships and self esteem. You would think long ago she would have gotten help from a friend or family member or even therapy with all that money. It isn't the first time a partner of hers has alleged she has done something to them violently. That said, it's still very sad she chose to do this instead of seek help and I wish her nothing but to rest in peace. To lock yourself in your flat after convincing friends you're okay and allegedly hang yourself or whatever method is truly awful.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
Posted this on the previous thread just before it was closed: I’m not quoting that telegraph article, but I’d like to know why isn’t there more accountability within the police service? Why has the DT has sight of this officer’s notes as if it’s totally normal? Is there a financial incentive to said officer; which, if so, breaks professional standards?

These details becoming public prior to the trial and verdict would surely have prejudiced the case against Caroline. It’s not enough for a judge to tell the jury to ignore everything they may have read is it, as their minds will clearly already have been made up. Surely it would be obvious to their superiors who the officer is that leaked these notes to the press? Was the Levenson enquiry all for naught? Trial by scummy media

Apologies for all the questions, to think our justice system is lauded as being the envy of the world. I don’t bloody think so 😡
There wouldn’t be a Jury. The case was going to be at a Magistrates Court.

Reactions: 4
I'm getting even more annoyed by this all. Everyone famous is using Caroline Flack as a vehicle.

You'd think she left a suicide note saying negative comments online were too much. When her friends and agency have blamed the court case. People forget she was charged with DV.

Caroline was troubled and even if she had a normal job the same tragic outcome is likely.

Reactions: 31
There wouldn’t be a Jury. The case was going to be at a Magistrates Court.
Ah, right I thought it was automatic in the case of a not guilty plea. Still like to know why the officer’s notes have been made available to the press

Reactions: 3
Quoting reply from BlahBlahSheep on previous thread: You’re right, this is a back and forth. Keep thinking what you want if it makes you happy. Personally, I don’t think there are enough facts and evidence in the public domain at the moment for any of us to draw any conclusions either way. That was what the trial was for and it’s not going to happen now. Maybe the inquest will answer some of those questions but right now I feel that anyone who thinks they know what happened for sure must be basing it on an element of speculation or deduction.

I do not believe or speculate anything about what happened on that night, just to be clear and certainly nothing about it makes me happy. I was simply expanding on the conflicting reports of significant vs. serious head injury, and the way evidence would be presented. My area of (limited) expertise falls firmly in the legal/justice zone, rather than 'I've read an article on The S*n'!

And again, I feel like I'm muscling in for the last word 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 9

The paper didn't say that they had seen the officers notes, the reference was 'in the officers notes'
The Court hearing was in an open Court, press etc could attend. The Press would have been there. They would have made notes from what was referenced in the Court Room.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

The DT hasn't had access to the police notes. This quote was used by the prosecution.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
The paper didn't say that they had seen the officers notes, the reference was 'in the officers notes'
The Court hearing was in an open Court, press etc could attend. The Press would have been there. They would have made notes from what was referenced in the Court Room.
Thank you for explaining, I didn’t know that all this could be reported before the verdict had been announced

Last edited:
Reactions: 1
I'm all for putting out information, sources of help for those who are suicidal, depressed etc and encouraging people to talk more. But I'd also like to see more support for those experiencing domestic violence. This case has highlighted some awful and outdated views. Now, I totally appreciate Caroline had not been tried in a court of law and was not convicted of anything. However, the comments I have seen since the incident happened have shocked me. "He probably deserved it" "It was just a one off" "its just a domestic, nothing to do with the police". This is things that even actual friends of mine have said - and I'm astonished. I thought these views were very old school - not of current 30 something professional women. Front page news is now criticising the decision to prosecute - are we trying to set back views on DV by about 30 years here? I'm incredibly sorry Caroline has died, her suicide is shocking. But there's more than just her as a victim here, that shouldn't be swept under the carpet.

• Heart
Reactions: 51

I think suggesting police officers have had a financial incentive to release notes to the press is quite a slur.

the magistrates hearing was public and reporters will have published what they heard in the courtroom. There are regulations around this to ensure a fair trial. As far as I can see they have quoted the officers statements.

our justice system is not perfect, but it held publicly. You could have gone that day and sat in the public gallery if you wanted so you could see and hear for yourself what the charge was. Our justice system doesn’t happen behind closed doors thank god. Can you imagine what corruption would happen if it did?

• Heart
I think suggesting police officers have had a financial incentive to release notes to the press is quite a slur.

the magistrates hearing was public and reporters will have published what they heard in the courtroom. There are regulations around this to ensure a fair trial. As far as I can see they have quoted the officers statements.

our justice system is not perfect, but it held publicly. You could have gone that day and sat in the public gallery if you wanted so you could see and hear for yourself what the charge was. Our justice system doesn’t happen behind closed doors thank god. Can you imagine what corruption would happen if it did?
As I’ve already said further up on this thread, I didn’t know reports could be made public before a verdict and I thanked a poster for their explanation ^

As for any perceived slur, it’s happened before, some services have certainly been known to have more leaks than a sieve and a cosy relationship with the press, so not beyond the realms of possibility

Last edited:
I do not believe or speculate anything about what happened on that night, just to be clear and certainly nothing about it makes me happy. I was simply expanding on the conflicting reports of significant vs. serious head injury, and the way evidence would be presented. My area of (limited) expertise falls firmly in the legal/justice zone, rather than 'I've read an article on The S*n'!

And again, I feel like I'm muscling in for the last word 😕
OK, maybe I misunderstood but to clarify, this is what I thought sounded like speculation.
It is almost guaranteed that the footage and witness statements would have been used by the prosecution, and sounds like it would have been quite effective.
My thought process is that yes, the CPS/press might give the impression that it would have been effective and it might well show a serious/significant head injury but without knowing the content of the body cam footage and witness/medical statements - how can we, as outsiders, know for sure what it would have shown? We can assume it would have shown a significant head injury based on the insistence of the CPS that they had sufficient evidence but we don’t know. That’s all I’m saying and apologies if I’ve misunderstood you.

P.S. I don’t think you’re muscling for the last word 😂 It’s important to clarify if something’s been misunderstood.

I'm all for putting out information, sources of help for those who are suicidal, depressed etc and encouraging people to talk more. But I'd also like to see more support for those experiencing domestic violence. This case has highlighted some awful and outdated views. Now, I totally appreciate Caroline had not been tried in a court of law and was not convicted of anything. However, the comments I have seen since the incident happened have shocked me. "He probably deserved it" "It was just a one off" "its just a domestic, nothing to do with the police". This is things that even actual friends of mine have said - and I'm astonished. I thought these views were very old school - not of current 30 something professional women. Front page news is now criticising the decision to prosecute - are we trying to set back views on DV by about 30 years here? I'm incredibly sorry Caroline has died, her suicide is shocking. But there's more than just her as a victim here, that shouldn't be swept under the carpet.
Couldn’t agree more with this. Especially when I’ve seen it being referred to as a ‘mistake’.
Like you say it’s sad, it shouldn’t have come to this and I feel truly awful for her family and friends but we can’t disregard the DV involved.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Of course there is definitely police officer mistakes and corruption. You only have to look at Hillsborough or the Stuart Lubbock case to see that.
I just think if there is any suggestion if that, it needs to be raised with the independent police complaints commission and the CPS rather than Carolines management team throwing these theories about, which people pick up on and start to believe. It doesn’t help with the media stories nor her families suffering.

I do think the police and CPS are dammed either way though. The public want more prosecutions of domestic violence, we are dismayed when we see the figures of how many people die at the hands of their partners. Then when we see this unfortunate case play out, people are saying oh no the police and criminal justice system are too tough, she should have never been prosecuted etc etc. Do we, as a public want to be tough of crime or not? No wonder politicians make bad laws off the back of knee jerk public reactions.

• Heart
Ah, right I thought it was automatic in the case of a not guilty plea. Still like to know why the officer’s notes have been made available to the press
She pleaded not guilty and it went to crown court. You're right it automatically goes there when they plead not guilty and the court believes there should be a trail (and there is enough evidence to support what happened)

She pleaded not guilty and it went to crown court. You're right it automatically goes there when they plead not guilty and the court believes there should be a trail (and there is enough evidence to support what happened)
Her trial was with the magistrates' court, not Crown.

Reactions: 5
I have been reading this thread with interest and having worked for the CPS I can say with some authority that a lot of what people have said about the charging decision is utter nonsense - especially about the CPS wanting a “show trial” The CPS take domestic violence very seriously as they should. They base their charging decisions on the likelihood of a successful prosecution and whether it is in the public interest to do so. It has nothing to do with a person’s gender or celebrity. What if they had of dropped the case and Ms Flack had gone on to do something more serious? Much has been made of the bail conditions, which are perfectly normal in a case like this. It is also the case the the victims sometimes withdraw their statement. Given that many DV victims do so under pressure or emotional pressure from their partners, all of the evidence is concidered before a decision to prosecute is taken. The police and the CPS were clearly of the opinion that there was a case to answer. Sadly now we shall never know the outcome and her guilt or otherwise will continue to be the subject of gossip on social media. Ms Flack and her boyfriend had the perfect opportunity to put their side of the story forward if it differed from that of the prosecution. If the evidence matched their version of events they had every chance of a favourable outcome.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Getting increasingly annoyed with the "be kind" tag with Caroline's name. If she really did hit her boyfriend with a lamp, she shouldnt really be the poster girl for "being kind"

• Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.