Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Years ago I was attacked by my then boyfriend in the street. We were on our way home from a night out, early morning.
3 different people phoned the police and the cars screeched up like something from a movie.
I used to self harm and boyfriend told the police this and when I gave my statement they made me show them my arms. They treated me like I was an absolute nutter and my boyfriend hadn't done anything wrong.
They really treated me like I was scum. I withdrew my statement the next day.
I'm not quite sure why I'm posting this but I feel really uneasy as to why the CPS chose to press charges.
She was obviously very troubled and really needed professional help rather than a prosecution that her 'victim' didn't want.
I think they were trying to make an example of her, but sometimes things aren't always black and white.
Whatever your opinion of her I think this is absolutely tragic and my heart goes out to her family and friends. She must of been in a terrible place to do this.

• Sad
Reactions: 71
Her management have released a statement where they blame the CPS.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
Her management have released a statement where they blame the CPS.
It was assault by beating.

What were they meant to do? "Oh petal, we'll drop it all because you're feeling a bit sad #bekind"

🙄

• Heart
Reactions: 64
I’d wondered on the previous thread if a male (alleged) perpetrator of domestic abuse would prompt the mourning Caroline’s passing has generated.
However I’ve been thinking about it. As we’ve seen with men across the public domain who have been involved in domestic abuse scandals, I can’t think of many who were subject to nearly as much vitriol as Caroline Flack and let’s face it, nowhere near as many men have faced any consequences from their actions.
I don't know about that. When Steph Davis and that Irish guy Jeremy Mc Connell were in a mutually abusive relationship he got ripped to shreds across social media for months on end while Steph got all the sympathy and got her old job back as well. A job she'd been sacked from for ... stuff. It didn't matter that he had witnesses who'd seen and heard him being abused, she had some bruises and he's a big guy so it all fell on him and Steph got a pass for her part in it. He had a fractured jaw and eye damage from being beaten with a bed leg while asleep. Police had to haul Steph off to jail where she spent the night while McConnell went straight to the airport and home to Dublin to have his face sorted out in his local hospital. The pictures of his injuries were horrific. Later she filed charges and he was punished legally. Steph, nothing but more sympathy. The point I'm making is that Steph got a free pass because she's tiny and he's big, but that's not right. Abusers come in all shapes and sizes.
To highlight how wrong that all turned out, Steph is still very troubled and has had to take leave from Hollyoaks to sort herself out yet again, while Jeremy has got clean and is in a stable relationship. He lives with the solicitor lady who handled his case in a stunning home in the country and is a partner in a thriving men's grooming business (I think). So Steph getting all the sympathy didn't help her in battling her demons. McConnell faced his down and beat them.
As for Caroline, what a waste. So sorry for her family dealing with this. :(

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 59
Ive just watched that stephanie davis video. Good on her, saying what we're all thinking. 2faced celebs. I do wonder how many picked up the phone to see how she was truely doing. Bloody next to none i bet!

Reactions: 19
I'm probably going to get a ton of hate for this but here goes.

All over Facebook/Instagram etc are people saying "be kind" & writing tributes to her. They are slating the media, trolls & even the CPS. They are saying she didn't deserve any of the negative stories about her recently.

Has everyone forgotten what she has been charged with? How would you feel if that was your son or daughter who had been the victim of domestic abuse? It's a very sad story & I feel for her family but no one knew what she was thinking or feeling. The blame shouldn't solely be on others. She needed to shoulder the responsibility of her actions. If it was a man, she wouldn't get off so lightly. To blame the CPS is disgusting. The obviously know a lot more about what has gone on than any one of us.

And before anyone slates me, I suffer with severe depression, have been suicidal, have been in an abusive relationship & have lost friends to suicide. Things aren't always black & white but let's not make out she was a saint

• Heart
Reactions: 107
So many people are sharing their condolences or even worse using the death of Caroline to talk about themselves, but none of them were supporting her publicly when she was going thought a difficult time apart from dawn o'porter. Who hasn't posted yet. It speaks volumes.

Social media is full of vultures ready to use a death, any death for their own gain.
Dawn has tweeted about it

• Sad
Reactions: 3
I'm probably going to get a ton of hate for this but here goes.

All over Facebook/Instagram etc are people saying "be kind" & writing tributes to her. They are slating the media, trolls & even the CPS. They are saying she didn't deserve any of the negative stories about her recently.

Has everyone forgotten what she has been charged with? How would you feel if that was your son or daughter who had been the victim of domestic abuse? It's a very sad story & I feel for her family but no one knew what she was thinking or feeling. The blame shouldn't solely be on others. She needed to shoulder the responsibility of her actions. If it was a man, she wouldn't get off so lightly. To blame the CPS is disgusting. The obviously know a lot more about what has gone on than any one of us.

And before anyone slates me, I suffer with severe depression, have been suicidal, have been in an abusive relationship & have lost friends to suicide. Things aren't always black & white but let's not make out she was a saint
I’ve not seen anybody at all make her out to be a saint. Just that she didnt deserve to die. Which she didnt

Reactions: 19
Years ago I was attacked by my then boyfriend in the street. We were on our way home from a night out, early morning.
3 different people phoned the police and the cars screeched up like something from a movie.
I used to self harm and boyfriend told the police this and when I gave my statement they made me show them my arms. They treated me like I was an absolute nutter and my boyfriend hadn't done anything wrong.
They really treated me like I was scum. I withdrew my statement the next day.
I'm not quite sure why I'm posting this but I feel really uneasy as to why the CPS chose to press charges.
She was obviously very troubled and really needed professional help rather than a prosecution that her 'victim' didn't want.
I think they were trying to make an example of her, but sometimes things aren't always black and white.
Whatever your opinion of her I think this is absolutely tragic and my heart goes out to her family and friends. She must of been in a terrible place to do this.
The thing is 1) we don’t know if the self harm angle is true at this stage and 2) she apparently hit her boyfriend in the head with a lamp and drew blood. CPS had every right to charge her.

Reactions: 17
It was assault by beating.

What were they meant to do? "Oh petal, we'll drop it all because you're feeling a bit sad #bekind"

🙄
No, but once her boyfriend withdrew the allegations I really don't think it should have been pursued. Not in the public interest. I'm so glad that when it happened to me I was allowed to withdraw my statement. It would have opened a whole can of worms for me

• Sad
Reactions: 7
I’ve not seen anybody at all make her out to be a saint. Just that she didnt deserve to die. Which she didnt
I never said she did. And I never would. But a lot of people are making out that the domestic violence charges were just mean stories about her

Reactions: 12
Itv news about CF. I'm disgusted that two quotes from celebrities, one from bloody Philip schofield and the other ant & Dec. The two biggest cover ups in ITV. 🙄

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 84
I'm torn and struggling . It's shocking she's killed herself but why are people saying she's amazing, inspiring etc? The media say she physically assaulted her partner, but people say he had an affair which made her self harm which made her physically react to him finding her self harming. This is triggering for so many people. I don't know what to believe but what I do know is a person is dead, their family is in shock please please if you're struggling for whatever reason, reach out for help. I'm here, we're all here, charity's, organisation's... Some one in the real world or online is ready to hear you speak, please reach out. Suicide is not a solution in most situations xxx

• Heart
Reactions: 23
In the statement released by the family solicitor I think, it said she had received the news just hours before killing herself that the trial would be going ahead.

Which again makes me think what was coming out?

• Heart
Reactions: 24
No, but once her boyfriend withdrew the allegations I really don't think it should have been pursued. Not in the public interest. I'm so glad that when it happened to me I was allowed to withdraw my statement. It would have opened a whole can of worms for me
But so many DV victims are forced to withdraw their statements. If the CPS thought there was enough evidence they should have gone ahead. It’s in the public interest to pursue abusers, otherwise what’s the point of having laws and justice?

• Heart
Reactions: 50
I don't think anyones being naive in saying she was a saint, but for that woman to get the back lash, trolling, false stories printed that much to the point she felt there was no other way out.
The same papers that slated her will be the same papers & magazines that run the story tomorrow.
Its about time they shouldn't be able to print anything but SOLID FACTS.....THE TRUTH.

Reactions: 15
Itv news about CF. I'm disgusted that two quotes from celebrities, one from bloody Philip schofield and the other ant & Dec. The two biggest cover ups in ITV. 🙄
Yes and look how ITV protected them and yet seemed to have turned their back on Caroline instantly. I think ITV should be ashamed of themselves

Reactions: 18
A friend of a friend knows Lewis and the self harming rumour is true, that’s why there was so much blood.

I feel so sad to hear that she felt she had no choice but to take her own life. I wonder what David Williams will say given the joke he made about her at the NTAs. Even at the time it felt cruel and unnecessary.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.