Caroline Flack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She should’ve taken the Ant McPartlin route of saying she has problems with addiction, getting into rehab, getting professional help. Would’ve helped her personal rehabilitation and career image rehabilitation like Ant. As well as genuinely being the help she clearly needed. We could be hearing a different story, which would’ve been preferable
Like anyone who suffers with addiction and MH issues, it’s always going to end one of two ways.
you could be on prime time TV or work in the local Asda.
mental health doesn’t discriminate.
and if you don’t seek help, unfortunately you will probably never rid yourself of your deamons.
this isn’t an argument about who’s to blame, it’s a lesson in how quickly you can lose it all if you’re not looking after your mental health.
her public downfall was the least of her troubles, it looks like the real fight was in her own head.

Reactions: 29
So sad poor girl has had drink/drug problems, D/V issues, mental health problems and has probably been alone with her thoughts on bloody Valentine's night of all nights 😔 RIP Caroline may you finally be at peace

• Sad
Reactions: 13
okay so i may get totally utterly scrutinised for this

ok its sad shes gone and committed suicide so we think HOWEVER

if this was a man everyone would be saying he was weak he was a woman beater he should rot in hell hes an abuser etc etc so why are all the tissues out for Caroline fair enough there was no proof HOWEVER again if this was a man everyone would be saying somthing completly diffrent no diffrent then when these sex abuse allegations come out everyone defends the victim i just feel its all a little bit sexist prepared for all the hate im gonna get lol

• Heart
Reactions: 44
She should’ve taken the Ant McPartlin route of saying she has problems with addiction, getting into rehab, getting professional help. Would’ve helped her personal rehabilitation and career image rehabilitation like Ant. As well as genuinely being the help she clearly needed. We could be hearing a different story, which would’ve been preferable
Totally. I would have had more sympathy for her if she admitted she had issues with her mental health. It could have done her a lot of favours from a PR front. Taken a year out and really got to grips with things and then come back with a completely different image. Her management should have really pushed her to rehab. I think people in the spot light really have very little real friends, unable to trust many people and she must have been incredibly lonely.

Reactions: 7
So sad. ITV must be running about right about now. Ant gets a welcome back on stage at awards show. PS is protected. Caroline commits suicide. Absolutely dreadful. This broadcaster is reminding me so much of The Morning Show series right now.
This is what annoyed me about all this, yes she assaulted him BUT we don't know what he did to provoke her(if he did), anyway Ant got welcomed back with open arms and awards and Caroline lost her job.

p.s Im not saying I agree with abuse Im just stating the diffence.

Last edited:
  • Angry
Reactions: 12
I can’t say I’m shocked. She was clearly a troubled soul going by her private life. Very sad for her family and friends.

I don’t think it’s love island. I think it’s social media and how so many people feel the need to live a lie. It wasn’t really a big thing in the big brother days.
Thats a fair point, but social media and Love Island go hand in hand. You can't be picked to take part unless you have a certain number of followers on Instagram for example, the producers actively encourage the use of it.

The Islanders get the most horrendous abuse. Last night on Twitter Shaughna was getting absolutely ripped the shreads for playing the game that the show encourages.

They can't win.

Reactions: 6
It's really sad...agree she must have had a lot of complex MH issues and it's so incredibly tragic she took this finite decision. I don't think the gossip sites are to be blamed here. Look at the stuff between Caroline and Prince Harry, then Harry Styles, then Andrew Brady...it was always going to catch the media's attention and she knew that, and this was before sites like Tattle existed.

okay so i may get totally utterly scrutinised for this

ok its sad shes gone and committed suicide so we think HOWEVER

if this was a man everyone would be saying he was weak he was a woman beater he should rot in hell hes an abuser etc etc so why are all the tissues out for Caroline fair enough there was no proof HOWEVER again if this was a man everyone would be saying somthing completly diffrent no diffrent then when these sex abuse allegations come out everyone defends the victim i just feel its all a little bit sexist prepared for all the hate im gonna get lol
This is a little bluntly worded but I can essentially agree with your main point - that if this were a man accused of the same, the reporting now would be different.

In light of gender equality having mostly been achieved in today’s society, I felt that the reporting of the initial assault story was very fair. Domestic abuse cannot be excused regardless of sex or gender.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I feel sorry for her family. No family should have to go through this, especially a daughter.

Reactions: 7
People are a bunch of bleeping hypocrites

Beats a man up - scum of the earth

Commits suicide - such a waste of a beautiful talented life....mental health.....the media.....

If this were a man the outpouring would be completely different

• Heart
Reactions: 35
Just to note. I'm seeing so many tweets online from the likes of Jameela Jamil etc blaming the press and online trolls etc for this as yet, unconfirmed suicide, but no one has mentioned a note or any kind of communication from Caroline suggesting that is the reason she took her own life, if indeed she did.

Reactions: 2
Unless you were her psychiatrist, you cannot say what mental health issues she had or even hypothesis. Unless you were in the room with them you cannot say what happened that night and nor should you speculate. All I would say that for anyone to take their own life, they are in a desperate situation and can think of no other way to stop the pain they are feeling, for whatever reason.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
AF1E2AC5-592A-4CCD-9642-156C755873EA.png

Poor Caroline. Obviously very troubled, and heart breaking for her family. May she rest in peace...

Reactions: 6
Regardless of what she has or hasn’t done it’s still absolutely awful that she felt this was her only option and that she had nothing to live for. So awful for her family and friends too.

• Sad
Reactions: 24
This is what annoyed me about all this, yes she assaulted him BUT we don't know what he did to provoke her(if he did) anyway.

If your best female mate had a lamp over her head from her boyfriend, would you ask her what she did to provoke him?? Domestic violence works both ways, both males and females should be accountable.

• Heart
Reactions: 86
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.