Carly Harris @thefitmummytotheo / @thefitmummyoffical

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s a pyramid scheme!!! Feel so bad for the poor “boss mamas” who fall for this!
She knows full well it's a pyramid scheme, but she'll do OK out of it because she's got a considerable following. I doubt it would be the same for someone with a couple of hundred followers on a private Instagram account :unsure:

Reactions: 1
She knows full well it's a pyramid scheme, but she'll do OK out of it because she's got a considerable following. I doubt it would be the same for someone with a couple of hundred followers on a private Instagram account :unsure:
Yeah exactly she's at a huge advantage with having a following. Everyone knows your 'average' person generally does badly out of the pyramid scheme. Free to join but have to purchase a Lumi at nearly £200 hmm

Reactions: 2
Flogging Lumi tat while joggling a fussing baby... Not a great look 😬

Reactions: 3
Flogging Lumi tat while joggling a fussing baby... Not a great look 😬
I just came on here to say this, go and give your baby some love and cuddles like he clearly wants but no she is there selling her crappy lumi! She’s all about that money! I no all babies get fussy but your right is was not a good look at all.

Reactions: 5
Oh no! Now her friend Hollie Elvyn has joined! I really liked her content :( Every insta story I go through is Lumi, Lumi, strawberry covered Lumi. So fed up of this shite

Reactions: 4
Oh no! Now her friend Hollie Elvyn has joined! I really liked her content :( Every insta story I go through is Lumi, Lumi, strawberry covered Lumi. So fed up of this shite
I love how the end of her ‘honest review’ she says guys I have a 25% off code for you. I hate when people sell stuff on the sly without clearly marking it as an ad! The thing is people fall for it.

• Angry
Guys, it's OK! It's not an MLM or a pyramid scheme, it's NETWORK MARKETING. (And she should be worried about what people say. It's a dodgy source of income, based firstly on flogging overpriced tat, and secondly on misrepresenting how easy it is for most people to make an income from the same.)

So apparently she's making more than she was as a full-time Head of Department... That's fucked up on so many (multi-)levels. 😐 And now it's time to RECRUIT, RECRUIT, RECRUIT.

I wonder how these things work in the long run. Can she sustain her current level of flogging and recruiting? Will she still have these apparent mega-earnings in two, three, five years' time?

Screenshot_20200702_102955_com.instagram.android.jpg

Screenshot_20200702_103026_com.instagram.android.jpg

• Wow
Guys, it's OK! It's not an MLM or a pyramid scheme, it's NETWORK MARKETING. (And she should be worried about what people say. It's a dodgy source of income, based firstly on flogging overpriced tat, and secondly on misrepresenting how easy it is for most people to make an income from the same.)

So apparently she's making more than she was as a full-time Head of Department... That's fucked up on so many (multi-)levels. 😐 And now it's time to RECRUIT, RECRUIT, RECRUIT.

I wonder how these things work in the long run. Can she sustain her current level of flogging and recruiting? Will she still have these apparent mega-earnings in two, three, five years' time?

View attachment 169858

View attachment 169859
Other mums do not have the following to make the money she is making. ITs sad people are falling for this and How wrong it is she is making more doing this “network marketing” PYRAMID SCHEME than she did working head of department at a school! How nice she can provide a excellent life style for Theo but at what cost selling tat on Instagram to other mums who don’t get everything gifted who have to buy birthday presents who don’t have affiliate links, who work hardworking honest jobs to provide for our children. Sorry for the rant i used to be one of them people who would watch stories and think I needed what they was advertising the amount of things I bought and didn’t need, I was taken in by it all.

Reactions: 4
Other mums do not have the following to make the money she is making. ITs sad people are falling for this and How wrong it is she is making more doing this “network marketing” PYRAMID SCHEME than she did working head of department at a school! How nice she can provide a excellent life style for Theo but at what cost selling tat on Instagram to other mums who don’t get everything gifted who have to buy birthday presents who don’t have affiliate links, who work hardworking honest jobs to provide for our children. Sorry for the rant i used to be one of them people who would watch stories and think I needed what they was advertising the amount of things I bought and didn’t need, I was taken in by it all.
You've put it much better than I managed to. This is exactly my problem with it all. It's so exploitative and irresponsible.

This lumispa thing is really pissing me off - I’m seeing more and more influencers trying to flog it. These MLM/pyramid schemes are downright predatory. I got approached in my insta DMs and I’m sure it’s because I had photos of my baby girl on my page, they prey on mums and people who’d love to work from home and set their own hours.

Also this electric toothbrush argument is just bleeping stupid. Yes I use an electric toothbrush that doesn’t mean I want to use an electric cleansing brush, skin and enamel are TWO DIFFERENT THINGS. You cut wood and you cut paper but that doesn’t mean I’d use a chainsaw to cut a piece of A4 🙄

Reactions: 7

View attachment 169858

View attachment 169859
They all say this!

I’ve been a lurker on here for a while but am so close to unfollowing her. I thought she might have some good content for mums and fitness but it’s all about workout programmes I can’t afford, getting free stuff for her baby and flogging that bloody Lumi!! I’m so sick of bloody lumis I followed some of these insta mums to feel a unity as a fellow mum but all they are after are freebies and trying to sell you something not connecting with other mums at all

Sorry all - rant over!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.