Carly Burd Salty Allotment #4 Stop trying to make parsnips happen Carlz

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 2755322

The "join us" closing paragraph motif is really starting to get to my back teeth
She sounds like a cult leader. Enriched, impactful experiences?

What‘s your work plan Carly? What outcomes will you achieve? How will you measure them? Where’s your risk assessment for the activity? What’s your inclusion plan? What qualifications do you have in horticulture or education?

I would be taking my kids out of your sessions. I don’t want some ill-informed ideologue anywhere near them and I’m surprised the school is.

Reactions: 9
Carly Burd Salty Allotment #5 Carly where is the £250k? Colin has had enough

I feel she's panicking and coming up with her new school schemes due to panic about answering where the £250k went.

Reactions: 8
Carly Burd Salty Allotment #5 Carly where is the £250k? Colin has had enough

I feel she's panicking and coming up with her new school schemes due to panic about answering where the £250k went.
She’s had a little taste of the heat already. It’s going to get a lot hotter, her AI word salad harvest will go up in flames.

• Haha
How much is the new roof of a presumably large building going to cost? Working those kids like navvies to get enough plants to sell at a quid a pop to cover it.

• Haha
Reactions: 10

1. Ooops. I've got the school to agree to have somebody come and run the gardening club. I don't want to do it, obviously. Anybody got a spare friendly Colin elder hanging around the house?

2. Saplings. They're what seeds grow into, aren't they? The kids won't want to grow stuff and take it home or, if they don't have a garden, see it grow at the school. They don't need to see what actually comes of it, that's completely not relevant.

Everybody has a spare £1 for the 3 inch pot. Then the £3 for a bigger pot. Then the £10 for a grow bag. And the £40 for a greenhouse whatsit. Then the £10 for the actual edible tomatoes because the plant got blight.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Isn’t a sapling a very young tree? Not just any old plant? Disclaimer: No qualifications in horticulture here 😬

Sorry but I absolutely hate it when primary schools do this kind of fundraising. Eg bring in cakes for the bake sale, so we can sell them off for 25% of what they cost you to make, and better still you can buy your own cakes back. That's basically what she's asking them to do here.

Our local primary needs a new roof. It’s taken some persuasion but the council are paying to replace it. As they should.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Ex-stoner here, tbh I reckon the chaotic posting and scheming is more a symptom of carlz than it is the weed - no way could I be arsed even thinking any of this stuff up when I’ve been stoned all day every day, let alone actually doing some of it/making up upteen ChatGPT updates a day.

Though at my worst/closest to psychosis I was convinced “the Syrian mafia” were after me (who are the Syrian mafia you ask? No bleeping clue).

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 10
Yes a sapling is a young tree @BlairWaldorf86

A young tomato plant is a seedling or a young plant when it’s a bit bigger.
How incredibly embarrassing that she‘s trying to advise the school and is so ignorant.

Do the school know she's posting this invitation to a totally unmoderated facebook group? Is Carly aware of the strict safeguarding requirements for volunteers in schools who come into contact with the children?

Shouldn't, I don't know, the local council, the education authority, the school academy trust be paying for the new roof, rather than the school relying on primary school children to flog enough tomato saplings (saplings, FFS) to do so?

• Angry
Reactions: 14
Do the school know she's posting this invitation to a totally unmoderated facebook group? Is Carly aware of the strict safeguarding requirements for volunteers in schools who come into contact with the children?

Shouldn't, I don't know, the local council, the education authority, the school academy trust be paying for the new roof, rather than the school relying on primary school children to flog enough tomato saplings (saplings, FFS) to do so?
Also, if it was possible to cover the cost of a roof, by selling a few tomato plants, everyone would be doing that as a side hustle. Even if all the consumables were donated, they'd likely not raise more than £250 being generous and last time I checked, a new roof for a primary school was a little more than that.

See deliveries are going out today, I wonder if the poor woman waiting since December has made it to the top of the list yet.

• Sad
Ex-stoner here, tbh I reckon the chaotic posting and scheming is more a symptom of carlz than it is the weed - no way could I be arsed even thinking any of this stuff up when I’ve been stoned all day every day, let alone actually doing some of it/making up upteen ChatGPT updates a day.

Though at my worst/closest to psychosis I was convinced “the Syrian mafia” were after me (who are the Syrian mafia you ask? No bleeping clue).
Are you in cahoots with Roadside Mum? She played a key role in the Syrian war, I hear 🫤

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Are you in cahoots with Roadside Mum? She played a key role in the Syrian war, I hear 🫤

So did my cat.

Took us at least 20 mins diving under tables and fending off attacks from slashing weapons to get the poor bastard Syrian Hamster he'd found outside (after it had apparently scaled a ten foot wall and navigated the no mouse land of the bit by the shed to get here in the first place) out of his jaws.

RM's clearly wearing a headscarf to support Hamsters.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.