Carly Burd #5 (No) Salt and Vinegar

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
what is the process for paying back a large cheque? do the charity have to get a large cheque and pose for a photo with Carly 'so everybody can see' the return of funds?

• Haha
Reactions: 21
1713365835198.png

'self-funded' through the workshop costs, no?

1713365950392.png

and now Carly's doing advertising for them

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 18
So that £7k will be spent just on food at workshops, that people (or funders, councils, charities, schools) have paid £570+ to attend. This should be getting way more noise and attention. I would be furious if my donation was used like this.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 24
So that £7k will be spent just on food at workshops, that people (or funders, councils, charities, schools) have paid £570+ to attend. This should be getting way more noise and attention. I would be furious if my donation was used like this.
it's really not clear what the pricing structure is for those ones that aren't one-to-one. I'm guessing those workshops aren't per person, but is it £579 for a whole normal sized class (say 30) kids? or for 10? 20?
---
1713369739005.png

Last edited:
Reactions: 14
what is the process for paying back a large cheque? do the charity have to get a large cheque and pose for a photo with Carly 'so everybody can see' the return of funds?
Banksy turns up with a giant comedy shredder?

• Haha
Reactions: 16
it's really not clear what the pricing structure is for those ones that aren't one-to-one. I'm guessing those workshops aren't per person, but is it £579 for a whole normal sized class (say 30) kids? or for 10? 20?
---
View attachment 2881304
Fair enough that they are a per workshop cost (website is so unclear though) but I think the point remains.

I just don’t know how she can see the food bank and the struggle they are having and think there’s anything better than giving them the whole lot. Well, I can, because she’s Carly, but still.

Reactions: 11
Have you looked at the Companies House track record for that one, particulary the filing history? It's proper dodgy. Courses sold at £579 per person but the most recent turnover is a few thousand pounds? Either they get sod all attendees or they're a brand new venture that's what they call "backed into" and repurposed an old dormant company for various reasons rather than set up a new one.

Honestly you need about three minutes investigation into some of these organisations before a number of questions come up that should have been asked before they were given a penny.

Reactions: 24
Have you looked at the Companies House track record for that one, particulary the filing history? It's proper dodgy. Courses sold at £579 per person but the most recent turnover is a few thousand pounds? Either they get sod all attendees or they're a brand new venture that's what they call "backed into" and repurposed an old dormant company for various reasons rather than set up a new one.

Honestly you need about three minutes investigation into some of these organisations before a number of questions come up that should have been asked before they were given a penny.
spent it all on five course luncheons for the kiddos probs

Reactions: 6
spent it all on five course luncheons for the kiddos probs
I mean it does not even offer any dates that the courses/workshops are going to be running. Look at any reputable company (and some disreputable ones!) and generally you'll always see the dates that each particular course or workshop is going to be running, as they have to plan the trainers (course-givers), classrooms/facilities etc well in advance. Everything on the website just goes back to a google form and "give us three course dates that work for you". It's either a totally tit one man band affair with delusions of grandeur, or it's one of these financial vehicles that never actually does much but is entirely designed to extract money from corporates and councils purely so they can tick a box in their annual report and say something vague like "we invested £x in diversity training" and have a crappy receipt in case anybody ever asks for it, it never actually matters whether the training got delivered or not.

Carly's side of things stinks and some of the organisations she's throwing money at stink too.

Reactions: 16
I mean it does not even offer any dates that the courses/workshops are going to be running. Look at any reputable company (and some disreputable ones!) and generally you'll always see the dates that each particular course or workshop is going to be running, as they have to plan the trainers (course-givers), classrooms/facilities etc well in advance. Everything on the website just goes back to a google form and "give us three course dates that work for you". It's either a totally tit one man band affair with delusions of grandeur, or it's one of these financial vehicles that never actually does much but is entirely designed to extract money from corporates and councils purely so they can tick a box in their annual report and say something vague like "we invested £x in diversity training" and have a crappy receipt in case anybody ever asks for it, it never actually matters whether the training got delivered or not.

Carly's side of things stinks and some of the organisations she's throwing money at stink too.
Birds of a feather etc

Reactions: 5

Surely the regular was looking into this over the weekend?

• Haha
Fair enough that they are a per workshop cost (website is so unclear though) but I think the point remains.

I just don’t know how she can see the food bank and the struggle they are having and think there’s anything better than giving them the whole lot. Well, I can, because she’s Carly, but still.
The more giant cheques she can be photographed with the better it is for the community! 🥰💃

• Haha
Reactions: 10
It really grinds my mushrooms when people don’t understand who you can and can’t do an FOI on!

And also those arguments “if she was up to no good, we’d know because she’d have spent the money on a carribean holiday, which she hasn’t. Therefore she isn’t at all dodgy.”

Her latest facebook post, with the deer, "After I had donated ..."

You sure about that Carlz? After *I* had donated? really love?

Should read "After I had decided to redirect *your* donations ..."

I bet she wouldn't like the wild bambi so much if they got on to her allotment (if she had one) and ate everything ... it would still be Harlow Council's fault ...

• Sad
Reactions: 11
Her latest facebook post, with the deer, "After I had donated ..."

You sure about that Carlz? After *I* had donated? really love?

Should read "After I had decided to redirect *your* donations ..."
you mean reindeer?

1713435781686.png

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.