Carbytobarbie

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She was pretty honest a few days ago that she was struggling with binging again which is why she's not really lost much, I like that she raises awareness of BED without it being ALLLL she talks about
Was she only honest because people had called her out in it? Before then her posts were all "health and fitness".

Reactions: 1
I think she has every right to call out the fact her kids etc have been brought into it.

HOWEVER, please for the love of CARBS choose a different bleeping font for your long arsed posts on your Insta stories 🙄

Use the Classic font. Then use the toggle on the left hand side to change the size depending on how much you want to type. Much easier for everyone to read than the strip you use down the centre of your stories.

Yes, I’m here offering tutorials on Instagram font. Swipe up for a choice of packages.

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I think she has every right to call out the fact her kids etc have been brought into it.

HOWEVER, please for the love of CARBS choose a different bleeping font for your long arsed posts on your Insta stories 🙄

Use the Classic font. Then use the toggle on the left hand side to change the size depending on how much you want to type. Much easier for everyone to read than the strip you use down the centre of your stories.

Yes, I’m here offering tutorials on Instagram font. Swipe up for a choice of packages.
For the love of carbs. Thread title.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Shes pretty honest about her BED tbf, so it stands to reason she'll gain and struggle to get where she wants to be, and hasn't lost the 'expected' amount

Reactions: 7
I just scrolled back around 15-20 pictures and there were 2, possibly 3, that spoke of the BED. The rest were food pics, her 'pics from the weekend' and those crappy quotes she posts with even shittier captions.

Reactions: 2
She thinks we are mocking her but il genuinely concerned if she burning over 4000 calories a day. Wtf is wrong with her or how much is she bloody eating. She doesn’t look a pound thinner!

Reactions: 4

I actually like her page, it's one of my favourites but I do have to agree with you on this. I never get more than halfway through her long, badly laid out text posts on Instagram before giving up. A shame really as I actually like her overall message.

She's obviously keeping tabs on this page, she's mentioned it a few times in her stories, so I hope she takes notice of your post!

She thinks we are mocking her but il genuinely concerned if she burning over 4000 calories a day. Wtf is wrong with her or how much is she bloody eating. She doesn’t look a pound thinner!
The calorie burn on a Fitbit isn’t accurate. So it’s probably waaaay over

Reactions: 1
I hadn't seen the sarcastic insta story about tattle and her precious bleeping fitbit.

It's not personal carby, so calm your tits. Yes, I'm addressing her direct seeing as she reads here as regularly as I do :D Shall we begin?

Studies show that fitbit (and other trackers) can be wildly inaccurate. I'll quote just one of the many articles that can be found online that state just that:

Fitbits and similar devices are all making an estimate based on your health and activity rate, and their accuracy can vary greatly.

Have you noticed that it states the fitbit "estimates" and not that it's bleeping magic and knows without a shadow of a doubt? Funny that. I also like to draw your attention to the final 5 words of that sentence. Anyway. It goes on to say...

Measuring the accuracy of calories burned on a Fitbit
A 2017 study published in the Journal of Personalized Medicine found that Fitbit Surge model had about a 27% margin of error, the lowest margin of error among the seven devices tested."

Even linked you to the actual study there :geek: 27% margin of error is not accurate in my world. Aaaand finally...

Given all the areas for potential error - including tweaked data input by users and variation in Fitbit models - the accuracy of the calories burned calculation will surely vary. But at the very least, your Fitbit can still be used as a helpful guideline for planning fitness and weight loss goals.
Use it as a helpful guide it says. 27% margin of error and that was the lowest margin they'd found. The full article can be found here.

I'm happy to have evidence linked that shows that the calorie burn is in fact entirely accurate. Or evidence that it doesn't count a quick wank as a run round the block, or that drying my hair is the equivalent of climbing a couple of flights of stairs. Because although I don't doubt - nor do I give a duck if you did or did not - walk 87125497324 steps, dead lift 50kg and climb Mount bleeping Everest. I do know for a FACT that fitbit data is NOT ENTIRELY ACCURATE.

And yes, I have too much bleeping time on my hands.

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
I wore a Fitbit zip and an Apple Watch today for my 13hr shift. Fitbit tells me I have done 13k steps, Apple Watch (on my ankle) tells me that I’ve done 9k.

Reactions: 6
I wore a Fitbit zip and an Apple Watch today for my 13hr shift. Fitbit tells me I have done 13k steps, Apple Watch (on my ankle) tells me that I’ve done 9k.
I've had a variation of trackers too and they all vary so much, they can only really be used as a guide.

What some people don't realise is that it doesn't matter if it says you've burnt enough to have a 6000 cal deficit over the week. If you're not losing weight, then either your calorie tracking is wildly inaccurate, or your tracker calorie burn is - or both. I've been guilty of this in the past.

When I used to wear my Fitbit I apparently walked 35,000 steps one day while on holiday in Egypt on a very bumpy 7 hour drive to Cairo! 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
The fit bit is wildly inaccurate! Like folks have said above, I’d reach my step goal by driving. Now have an Apple Watch and it is much more accurate (not 100% obvz)

Reactions: 3
They are two completely different designs though? If you wore a watch style on both wrists (like my MIL weirdly does) they would be a greater similarity.

I like Carby, I've followed her for a long time - since before she called out the bullshitters. I couldn't care a jot what she does or doesn't do for work. At least she's not sat on her arse all day.

Reactions: 11
I remember her calling people out at the start and thinking, cool but what’s next and it’s just more of the same, self loathing disguised as body positivity.

Reactions: 3
I don’t follow her anymore on Insta but from reading on here for someone who was so proud and open dishing out criticism. She doesn’t seem able to take it back.