Carbytobarbie

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It was her "dating an athlete" post that done me in. To me an athlete is someone who is at the top, or near the top, of their chosen sport.

I was a "competitive swimmer" and reached a national event, however I wasn't an athlete. Those people who went on to international, commonwealth and Olympic events were athletes.

I really don't believe her boyfriend, who does look for and healthy, is an "athlete". He looks like someone who goes to the gym and gets results, like a lot of men.

Reactions: 9
This is my Fitbit today and I can assure you I have done bugger all today apart from the walking which racks up quickly! I take the calorie burn which a massive pinch of salt
The calorie burn there includes your BMR though. So even tho trackers aren’t particularly accurate it won’t be a million miles off

Reactions: 3
The calorie burn there includes your BMR though. So even tho trackers aren’t particularly accurate it won’t be a million miles off
Yes very true, I had an Apple Watch before the Fitbit and generally found it more accurate

Reactions: 2
A calorie burn of 2000-2500 is generally within a decent range due to your BMR.
A calorie burn of 4500-5000ish a la Carby isn't accurate.

It was her "dating an athlete" post that done me in. To me an athlete is someone who is at the top, or near the top, of their chosen sport.

I was a "competitive swimmer" and reached a national event, however I wasn't an athlete. Those people who went on to international, commonwealth and Olympic events were athletes.

I really don't believe her boyfriend, who does look for and healthy, is an "athlete". He looks like someone who goes to the gym and gets results, like a lot of men.
You were underselling yourself. The definition of an athlete is a person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise.

Reactions: 7
You were underselling yourself. The definition of an athlete is a person who is proficient in sports and other forms of physical exercise.
But I wasn't. There were literally 100s of people there, some better and some worse. At 13 I was not an athlete.
Just like someone being in good shape and going to the gym isn't an athlete.

It reminds me of all the 'gymshark athletes'.

To me an athlete is Serena and Venus Williams, Andy Murray, Michael Phelps and the like (obviously they are the top of the top). Even Arnold Schwarzenegger would be classes as a bodybuilding athlete given how far he went.

I would say being in amongst the tiny percentage of people who 'make it' on an international/commonwealth/Olympic platform are athletes.
Being 'good' doesn't make you an athlete.

I think when every Tom, Dick and Harry can call themselves an 'athlete' for getting the results in th gym it minimises the actual bodybuilding athletes who go and get their Pro Cards for federations and head on to events like the Olympia.

It would be the same as every person to who makes it to a football team and plays regularly calling themselves an athlete because they're better than some. I'd say those people who actually make it to play for the bigger teams are athletes, other people are just good.

Reactions: 1
So basically she calls people out for lying about their weight loss while lying about her own weight loss 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 11
But I wasn't. There were literally 100s of people there, some better and some worse. At 13 I was not an athlete.
Just like someone being in good shape and going to the gym isn't an athlete.

It reminds me of all the 'gymshark athletes'.

To me an athlete is Serena and Venus Williams, Andy Murray, Michael Phelps and the like (obviously they are the top of the top). Even Arnold Schwarzenegger would be classes as a bodybuilding athlete given how far he went.

I would say being in amongst the tiny percentage of people who 'make it' on an international/commonwealth/Olympic platform are athletes.
Being 'good' doesn't make you an athlete.

I think when every Tom, Dick and Harry can call themselves an 'athlete' for getting the results in th gym it minimises the actual bodybuilding athletes who go and get their Pro Cards for federations and head on to events like the Olympia.

It would be the same as every person to who makes it to a football team and plays regularly calling themselves an athlete because they're better than some. I'd say those people who actually make it to play for the bigger teams are athletes, other people are just good.
We’ll have to agree to disagree.

A calorie burn of 2000-2500 is generally within a decent range due to your BMR.
A calorie burn of 4500-5000ish a la Carby isn't accurate.
Now this part I disagree with. This is mine before my Fitbit disappeared 🙈
I’m smaller than Carby, not particularly fit and this was from an average day working in school with an evening walk of maybe 2 miles. I do think her stats are accurate.

Attachments

I’m smaller than Carby, not particularly fit and this was from an average day working in school with an evening walk of maybe 2 miles. I do think her stats are accurate.
This isn’t accurate. A 2 mile walk will burn around 400cal. You’d have a BMR of 3500 of this was accurate?

2 miles is only 4000 steps and you’ve done another 13000 on top of that - so obviously you are constantly on the go all day long - hence the big kcal burn you have - people of who are more of a sedentary person - you’ll probably have a burn of 2000 BMR kcals -who’ll then go spend an hour or 2 in the gym and burn 700 kcals for their workout....that’s still 2700 total - I don’t follow carby any more - she was too much for me 😂
But if she’s only getting 10k steps or under - even on days she’s in the gym working out - I doubt she’s actually getting a kcal burn over 4000?

But also check your settings to make sure your height and weight are correct - I have a Apple Watch not a fit bit - but the most I’ve ever burnt was just over 3000 - and that was with around 27000 steps and a good workout included - and I’m not skinny at all 😂

Fitbits are tit for calorie burn tracking. They’re not accurate.

YES, they can be used as a guide but you cannot rely on them as to how many calories you’re burning exactly. They always over compensate.

I’ve worn at least 3 types of trackers and Fitbit calorie burn has consistently been the highest.

I know from calorie counting and being a lazy cow exactly how many calories I burn doing next to nothing and/or exercising. And if I was to believe the Fitbit I’d have at least another 300-500 calories to eat a day on those days I’m just sitting on my arse. That’s one of the main reasons I couldn’t keep any weight off for the 18 months I used it to track my calories - I was eating as many as I was really burning, but the Fitbit was telling me I was in a deficit. I wasn’t!

Reactions: 5
Fitbits are tit for calorie burn tracking. They’re not accurate.

YES, they can be used as a guide but you cannot rely on them as to how many calories you’re burning exactly. They always over compensate.

I’ve worn at least 3 types of trackers and Fitbit calorie burn has consistently been the highest.

I know from calorie counting and being a lazy cow exactly how many calories I burn doing next to nothing and/or exercising. And if I was to believe the Fitbit I’d have at least another 300-500 calories to eat a day on those days I’m just sitting on my arse. That’s one of the main reasons I couldn’t keep any weight off for the 18 months I used it to track my calories - I was eating as many as I was really burning, but the Fitbit was telling me I was in a deficit. I wasn’t!
All this. Burning 4000cal a day would lose half a stone in a week

No. It doesn’t happen.

She’s not mentioned the new boyfriend lately .. looks like she’s lost her calorie counting & gym mojo as well .. I can relate .. it’s ace when your on it but then you just can’t keep it up .. Fatty4life is the same .. she’s stopped mentioning diets at min

She’s not mentioned the new boyfriend lately .. looks like she’s lost her calorie counting & gym mojo as well .. I can relate .. it’s ace when your on it but then you just can’t keep it up .. Fatty4life is the same .. she’s stopped mentioning diets at min
There’ll be a post about binge eating disorder to excuse it soon.

I see her engagement is as high as ever. 2 posts 3 days ago without a single like. And with that “content”, I’m not surprised.

I'm so confused.
I'm sure in her stories a while ago Carby said she was giving up meat and, for the past however long, meat has been nowhere to be seen (on her stories, there are not a lot of food pictures on her grid).

However last night's stories had her eating crab cakes and a big bloody steak. Her most recent grid picture is of salmon something.

What is it she said about being jumping on bandwagons and being fakes/lying? Pot, kettle, black.

Reactions: 7