Captain Sir Tom Moore #4

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This article from a year ago is interesting. It's a potted biography of Hannah and tells how she had the idea for Tom's fund-raising venture. It came just after Tom's death. Did a journalist just approach Hannah for an interview or was she more proactive in getting it into the press?

• Sick
Reactions: 8
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned on threads past that, if Barbados was something Captain Tom had a burning desire to do before he left this earth, then why wait 90 years to do it? He had the means to jet off there whenever he fancied!
Isn't it gratifying to finally see HIM in the spotlight she never wanted?

• Heart
Reactions: 27
Just read it was H.suggestion to do the laps in the garden or was it persuasion and control?
she was always at the poor man’s side
Now that the foundation is being investigated and if is found to be illegal would it not amount to be elderly abuse!

Reactions: 7
I'm pretty sure it was mentioned on threads past that, if Barbados was something Captain Tom had a burning desire to do before he left this earth, then why wait 90 years to do it? He had the means to jet off there whenever he fancied!
I even seem to recall reading that the family have a holiday home in Barbados as well anyway!

Just read it was H.suggestion to do the laps in the garden or was it persuasion and control?
she was always at the poor man’s side
Now that the foundation is being investigated and if is found to be illegal would it not amount to be elderly abuse!
Tom had just had a hip(?) replacement so was doing the walking as prescribed exercise.

• Wow
Reactions: 13
Exactly! He (and the family) had the means, time and money to go to Barbados at any time they so wished. It was even stated in many interviews that he travelled to Burma all by himself when he was in his 80's/90's to revisit where he served. I never understood why the Barbados trip could only be achieved during a global pandemic. I never believed the bullshit about it being on his bucket list when it could have been achieved at numerous points during his life.

Reactions: 25
I am pleased that family is being investigated. No doubt there will be fans who'll shrill "typical British media scum, build them up and bring 'em down ".
They'll soon be lasering over their "tomorrow/good day blah blah" tattoos.

Reactions: 16
Predict Hannah's statement in response to this controversy? Still radio silence over at the Foundation.

I wonder what's going to come of that film that was supposedly in the works about the Captain Tom affair, now that the story's starting to look less feel-good.
It sounded like the worst idea for a film ever. Flashbacks to his war days maybe interspersed with shots of him struggling around the garden on his zimmer frame. Best supporting actress Oscar for whoever plays Hannah!

This article from a year ago is interesting. It's a potted biography of Hannah and tells how she had the idea for Tom's fund-raising venture. It came just after Tom's death. Did a journalist just approach Hannah for an interview or was she more proactive in getting it into the press?

I also wondered at the time when Hannah talked about "trolls" was she including in that people like ourselves who had voiced reasonable concerns about the whole endeavour.

Reactions: 11
I hope the Captain Tom film has the bit where he went on the 1980 Christmas special of Blankety Blank. That will be great.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
Predict Hannah's statement in response to this controversy? Still radio silence over at the Foundation.

It sounded like the worst idea for a film ever. Flashbacks to his war days maybe interspersed with shots of him struggling around the garden on his zimmer frame. Best supporting actress Oscar for whoever plays Hannah!

I also wondered at the time when Hannah talked about "trolls" was she including in that people like ourselves who had genuine concerns about the whole endeavour.
Dame Emma Thompson playing her.
Adele singing "Roll out the barrels" in any blitz scenes.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 20
I feel we're aiming a bit high here...

Channel 5's Captain Sir Tom Moore Biopic as shown on 5Star

Jane McDonald as Hannah

Jane McDonald to sing the soundtrack

Jane McDonald to announce the competition to win 10000 unsellable Captain Sir Tom Moore books, only £15.50 to enter the phone competition, 2p goes to charity and £15.48 of your call will go to the IT'S WHAT HE WOULD'VE WANTED Ingram Moore holiday fund.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Remember at the time when anyone expressed concern/the ridiculousness about him being dragged to Barbados in a pandemic, there was a slew of statuses/articles of ‘cApTaiN ToM cAn dO whAtEvER hE LiKeS.’

what a time that was!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I feel we're aiming a bit high here...

Channel 5's Captain Sir Tom Moore Biopic as shown on 5Star

Jane McDonald as Hannah

Jane McDonald to sing the soundtrack

Jane McDonald to announce the competition to win 10000 unsellable Captain Sir Tom Moore books, only £15.50 to enter the phone competition, 2p goes to charity and £15.48 of your call will go to the IT'S WHAT HE WOULD'VE WANTED Ingram Moore holiday fund.
featuring the hits
I would walk 500 miles
Money money money
Woah! We’re going to Barbados

• Haha
Reactions: 37
Pages later and Im still laughing at the idea of hannah launching him over the fence to see the queen

• Haha
Reactions: 17
A lawyer was invited on LBC to talk about the money being eaten, his take was they probably had to pay more for things like professional video makers as interest grew and they needed to up their production values. 🙄

Like is this guy aware of mobiles these days, all you need is a 12 year old and a modern phone. If anything social media is about the armature "real" content. So many excuses that don't add up.

Reactions: 20
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.