Candice Brathwaite

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is she really wearing one of the rings that were accidentally left in the jewelry box?
I’m pretty sure as soon as you are aware you have taken something you haven’t paid for, and fail to return it, it becomes theft. Correct me if I’m wrong.
Someone could have accidentally donated them without realizing, especially if it belonged to some old lady who died and her family donated some of her things. They may not want them back but at least the charity shop could sell them. If she has been back to the charity shop and sorted it she should update her followers.
Stealing from a charity shop Candice? Really?
Her reaction would be nuclear if a white woman had done it :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 9

Organised motherhoods stories on racism are really good, I’d have thought this is the kind of thing CB wants

Reactions: 11
View attachment 26820

Organised motherhoods stories on racism are really good, I’d have thought this is the kind of thing CB wants
Good grief.
How can she preach about wanting change and trying to create equality but only engage with content from those who are “oppressed”

The more I see from CB the more I sadly feel like she uses her race as nothing more than a card to be played as & when it suits her.

Reactions: 20
Wow, that is really sad and unfortunate.

I tried following her because I was genuinely interested in her content but I soon realized that she is just so angry. She should mention in her bio that her account is NOT to be followed by white women. I did not feel welcome at all and the above screenshot just proves that she in not interested in engaging with anyone that has not been ‘oppressed.’

Reactions: 16
View attachment 26820

I posted that on her ask me! I’m a “person of colour” and I found organised motherhoods post of racism not only brave and honest something a lot of these influencers are lacking. I used to love Candice but this attitude lately no I’m not feeling it. And like I said I am also a person of colour I have also suffered racism my whole life so I too like candice carry that chip on my shoulder. In fact im Muslim so that gives me the right to have a double chip but it does not give me the right to be a rude witch!

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Wow, in that story Candice is basically saying she doesn’t read material written by white people (“the oppressors”). That’s shocking.

Reactions: 10
Wow, in that story Candice is basically saying she doesn’t read material written by white people (“the oppressors”). That’s shocking.
This is exactly what I thought. It’s utterly ridiculous she needs to get down from this high horse she’s on

Reactions: 7
Well, unless they are mega Instagramers who can give her a leg up!

• Haha
I really cannot fathom how it is ok for someone to say I only have an interest in listening to people who fall into the same group as me. How is that acceptable?! I find that offensive to be honest.

Reactions: 5
I really cannot fathom how it is ok for someone to say I only have an interest in listening to people who fall into the same group as me. How is that acceptable?! I find that offensive to be honest.
I think she means why would she listen to a white person explain racism, white fragility/supremacy/privilege. It did seem odd that someone recommended she watch the stories of a white instagrammer on these subjects. I’m sure her lived experiences as a WOC make her more of an expert in these subjects! Not defending her (I think she’s a bit of a nob) but I’m with her on this one.

Reactions: 13
How on earth can she profess to be the great oracle of all things race related, if she’s not interested in the thoughts and views of people who are different to her? She speaks as though all white women have the same thoughts, feelings and views.

That’s ignorant and beyond arrogant.

• Heart
I don’t think, from my interpretation anyway, that she’s saying she doesn’t care about anyone else’s opinion but on this topic, as someone with a lived experience of racism, why would she go watch a white woman talk about it? I sort of get it.

Reactions: 6
SHE TOTALLY USES THS RACE CARD TO PLAY US???? She knows it!!! How on earth do Marie Claire not see. I bet they don’t even watch her stories they just see the numbers and “token black women” quota filled. There are so many eloquent, intelligent black women I follow on Instagram I loathe that Candice has this platform she’s probably doing more harm than good for the cause. Black or white at end of day she is not a good person & I wouldn’t trust her with anything.

• Heart
She is not even supportive of black women trying to write. She didn't visit LaTonya's book tour in the uk (London), despite trying to rave about her before. Thats when I realised that she doesn't care about anyone else!

Reactions: 6
I think it's also a matter of context - at least from what I saw on her Instagram the few weeks I followed her + that last sentence of 'it's very rare that I engage with anything other than the material being created / shared by those being oppressed' makes things very clear for me. She could have just said no, I have not watched it. It's like she needs to prove a point of how much she hates white women. Again, this is all in context and the bigger picture of her entire account.

All in all, whatever, that's fine, if that's how she wants to live her life it's her right. I had to unfollow her, though.

Reactions: 8
Organised Motherhood was clear that her stories were aimed at white people not black people or ethnic minorities. She doesn’t need to explain what white privilege is to black people and she wasn’t trying to. Her intention was to educate and open a discussion about racism and the type of white people who say things like ‘I’m not racist, I have a black friend’.

In that respect, the content of what she was saying would not have much interest for Candice.

However, I think it’s incredibly short sighted to brush it off the way Candice did. That’s like me saying I’m not interested in hearing what a man has to say to sexist men about sexism towards women. We need men to be a part of getting rid of sexism. We wouldn’t achieve anything by hating men and being angry all the time.

Candice obviously has valid points to make but she is divisive and I think her prejudice will be her downfall.

Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.