Candice Brathwaite #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
What did she say?
There was a photo on channel mum and it mentioned WOC in the caption. I couldn’t see what relevance the fact she was a WOC was - so I asked - politely, in order to educate myself more.

Someone tagged her in their reply basically saying all the hard work she’s done and people are still clueless.

Candice then responded basically implying I was a dick for even questioning it and called it “boring”

I tried to explain that yes, I was ignorant to the issues WOC face during pregnancy/childbirth, but I was willing to learn more. But her and a tide of other WOC basically berated me and made me feel tit for being white.

Has done absolutely nothing for the cause. With her platform and knowledge she could have easily pointed me in the direction of some factual papers/articles to broaden my knowledge. But now I’m just wholly fucked off with the attitude they all shown because a white woman dared to ask a question

• Wow
Reactions: 13
I might write a book called “ why do women exploit other women and sell them for sex” I wonder if Candi will feature...

• Haha
Reactions: 19
There was a photo on channel mum and it mentioned WOC in the caption. I couldn’t see what relevance the fact she was a WOC was - so I asked - politely, in order to educate myself more.

Someone tagged her in their reply basically saying all the hard work she’s done and people are still clueless.

Candice then responded basically implying I was a dick for even questioning it and called it “boring”

I tried to explain that yes, I was ignorant to the issues WOC face during pregnancy/childbirth, but I was willing to learn more. But her and a tide of other WOC basically berated me and made me feel tit for being white.

Has done absolutely nothing for the cause. With her platform and knowledge she could have easily pointed me in the direction of some factual papers/articles to broaden my knowledge. But now I’m just wholly fucked off with the attitude they all shown because a white woman dared to ask a question
That's crappy behaviour and does absolutely nothing for the cause.

Reactions: 6
That's crappy behaviour and does absolutely nothing for the cause.
My point exactly. When I am interested/passionate/knowledgeable about something I love to engage others and get them interested too. She’s done the complete bleeping opposite with me tbh.

I’ve since looked at her SM (had never heard of her before she jumped on me tbf!) and it appears she’s done quite a lot of work on raising awareness of how black women are treated during pregnancy and birth. A more engaging and appropriate response to my question would have been “I’ve done a podcast/book/blog about the issue.... here’s the link, take a look” instead of calling my comment “boring”

Reactions: 9
My point exactly. When I am interested/passionate/knowledgeable about something I love to engage others and get them interested too. She’s done the complete bleeping opposite with me tbh.

I’ve since looked at her SM (had never heard of her before she jumped on me tbf!) and it appears she’s done quite a lot of work on raising awareness of how black women are treated during pregnancy and birth. A more engaging and appropriate response to my question would have been “I’ve done a podcast/book/blog about the issue.... here’s the link, take a look” instead of calling my comment “boring”
She is incredibly defensive. Probably thought you were being sarcastic 🙄

Reactions: 6

She comes with a real sense of anger and hatred for people. She seems to have a lot of demons and loses it easily. I suspect from her behaviour she is from her own admissions she is very angry about some of her past life choices. She used to be a madam/pimp and also a sex worker. She’s since created this new online social media persona and been pretty successful at it but I imagine she’s harbouring a lot of hate and anger at herself for her past which she lashes out on others often.

Reactions: 21
I would love to comment on her posts. Some of the things she says absolutely need to he discussed. However , if you are white , it seems you must first apologise for being white before she will even entertain a discussion . I get it, I really do , but ll this "girl she white , she can't say tit" bullshit in comments does nothing for the cause.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I agree that she has a lot to say that needs to be discussed but I also think sex exploitation needs to be discussed and I would like to know, why she ever thought it was acceptable to financially gain from other women selling their bodies for sex. I understand she must of helped supply clients to these women but I find it really unnerving and it makes me feel really uneasy that she glosses over these issues and favours to highlight other issues that are equally just as pressing.

• Heart
Reactions: 10

To me (as a BAME woman) this is such a crap attitude for her to take. When she first started she used to do really good stories highlighting issues AND explaining back stories and why this might be an issue for WOC. Loads of women thanked her for raising issues whilst proffering possible outcomes or how at least they as white women could readdress things. She then turned "it is not my job to educate you, do your own homework". Why raise the issue then, only to bark at those who respond? She only wants a platform for her now, don't trouble her with your boring BME questions 😤
@thevitamindproject is the one I signpost anyone towards now. She is mostly an interiors account but brings up issues relating to WOC and adds them to her highlights. No blagging for free outfits or pretending she's on a diet either!

Reactions: 20
Yeppp perfecfly articulated! There’s a LOT of ego. Personally I find that stuff very odd, it’s no one else’s business and it certainly doesn’t need repeating so often, I think she’s trying to convince herself more than anything.

Looooool which influencer is this? My husband was a contractor for a few years and I never took a salary from his company but did all the admin support for his accountants eg transferred the taxes etc (pretty sure I was the only wife who didn’t out of all his colleagues, I was the only wife with my own job tho) so this is just my experience I’m not an accountant:

They do pay other taxes like VAT quarterly and corporation and then your personal tax liability (I think this is only for additional rate people?) annually but it works out as less overall, which is why people do it. There are other benefits too like being able to buy tit through the company money as an allowable expense (laptops, cameras, for influencers probs holidays & clothes too). For us the flexibility ended up being the only benefit cos I got really unwell last summer and my husband was able to take 5 weeks off to support me but the rest of it was really tit for us, far too much admin. We were very above board but some of the men he worked with did a Candice and had all his cousins on payroll to get the money back entirely tax free, we met some (proper villain) accountants who told us how we could “get away” without paying a penny tax, there’s loads of really shady tit you can do but we elected not to. It’s basically whatever your accountant is willing to sign off and risk their chartered status for tbh 🤷🏻‍♀️

It’s why the government recently introduced IR35 because people were “contracting” for the same employer for years so were basically concealed employees who weren’t paying as much NI/PAYE tax as a “normal” PAYE employee but performing the same function to the company. With contracting and freelance it’s high risk / high reward, like I said this is why it’s normal for a company bank account to have tens of thousands sat in it because that’s your tax liability money and a bit of rainy day fund. Cos you tend to renew in 6 month chunks you need to know you can cover your personal outgoings and tax liabilities if you don’t renew. And tbh that 6 months is a really generous renewing term, some contractors are going week by week and influencers it’s even less it’s one off payments here/there isn’t it.

So you need to look after yourself, you can’t declare to HMRC you’ve earnt £7k the last 10 years (when you’ve really drawn down £60k odd or £140k p/a) and expect them to pad out the difference! I appreciate this is an unprecedented situation that no one could have ever predicted but come the duck on, you know the score when you’re being a bit cheeky with your accounting! It’s a cheek anyone is complaining tbh!
Agreed, I did the same when I had a limited company. It’s lucrative (and not illegal) but it’s a risk, and you know this at the time. You can’t cry poverty afterwards when you ran the risk

Reactions: 8
Candice failed to check her facts in this morning's post about Mary the nurse who passed away from Covid. It is heartbreaking to hear she lost her life but Mary had been on maternity leave since 12th March.

• Wow
It’s also untrue that pregnant NHS staff are being forced to work. They are entitled to full pay and to stay at home at the moment. The decision is left down to the NHS worker to make. So it’s quite worrying that she’s saying being are being forced to work. That’s just not true.

It’s so sad that, poor Mary died and i agree with her that it’s heartbreaking. From my understanding Mary’s dad caught Corona and died and she caught it from him. Not from an NHS hospital.

Reactions: 14
it's just a really sad situation made even worse by the inaccurate, point scoring reporting.

Reactions: 8
Mary was on maternity leave and they are not made to work. She didn't die because she is a WOC I really feel Candice has a huge issue with white people actually .. huge chip on her shoulder!!

It’s also untrue that pregnant NHS staff are being forced to work. They are entitled to full pay and to stay at home at the moment. The decision is left down to the NHS worker to make. So it’s quite worrying that she’s saying being are being forced to work. That’s just not true.

It’s so sad that, poor Mary died and i agree with her that it’s heartbreaking. From my understanding Mary’s dad caught Corona and died and she caught it from him. Not from an NHS hospital.
This should be the case but isn’t. I know personally a woman being forced into a patient facing role. There are many other stories on social media. Criticise CB all you want - and I have - but she is spot on with regards to this. Also working until week of 12th March - incubation period of up to two weeks - and then a further two for deterioration (I think the average time from first symptoms to death is something like 20 days): it’s entirely possible that poor woman picked it up at work.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
This should be the case but isn’t. I know personally a woman being forced into a patient facing role. There are many other stories on social media. Criticise CB all you want - and I have - but she is spot on with regards to this. Also working until week of 12th March - incubation period of up to two weeks - and then a further two for deterioration (I think the average time from first symptoms to death is something like 20 days): it’s entirely possible that poor woman picked it up at work.
That’s awful that people are being forced! My sister has had a very different experience lately, she was given the choice to continue working (she’s pregnant) or to not and stay at home. Sounds like she was very fortunate but she did however choose to still work, which is something that I find uneasy but I understand that nursing isn’t something people find easy to turn on and off.

There’s a chance that Mary could have picked it up anywhere but I think CB knows just as much or as little as the rest of us about Mary and giving out information that is uncertain to 50k people at a time like this can really scare some and be really triggering for others.

Reactions: 7
Yes, the issue is that they are given the CHOICE and if you’ve ever had a difficult manager you’ll know that a choice is not always freely made. Staff are being threatened disciplinary action for challenging managers - this is happening NOW. You can read for yourself and I know being being affected personally.

Nobody will ever be able to prove how Mary caught the disease as contact tracing was dropped in early March. What is clear is that not enough is being done to protect healthcare workers, and BAME people have, for reasons that are not clear, made up a large % of the deaths. Sorry but I’m with CB on this one.

The only criticism I can make is that every loss is devastating. I was just reading of a 7 year old boy who has now lost his Mother (NHS) and Grandmother, and now risks losing his Dad (NHS). Police officers, healthcare assistants, porters. Many white working-class.

I haven’t seen her mention any of these other horrific incidents, and of course this is the person who took her immune-compromised parent across the globe during a global pandemic and then cried when she realised how much of a mistake she had made. So she hasn’t really helped the situation has she?

Reactions: 19
Yes, the issue is that they are given the CHOICE and if you’ve ever had a difficult manager you’ll know that a choice is not always freely made. Staff are being threatened disciplinary action for challenging managers - this is happening NOW. You can read for yourself and I know being being affected personally.

Nobody will ever be able to prove how Mary caught the disease as contact tracing was dropped in early March. What is clear is that not enough is being done to protect healthcare workers, and BAME people have, for reasons that are not clear, made up a large % of the deaths. Sorry but I’m with CB on this one.

The only criticism I can make is that every loss is devastating. I was just reading of a 7 year old boy who has now lost his Mother (NHS) and Grandmother, and now risks losing his Dad (NHS). Police officers, healthcare assistants, porters. Many white working-class.

I haven’t seen her mention any of these other horrific incidents, and of course this is the person who took her immune-compromised parent across the globe during a global pandemic and then cried when she realised how much of a mistake she had made. So she hasn’t really helped the situation has she?
I totally agree, with everything you’ve stated. Very fair and valid and well put. I hope that this awful situation improves ASAP for everyone’s sake and I’m so sorry for those that have lost lives. It’s an extremely sad situation 😢

• Sad
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.