Cancer Influencers #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The insurance thing is extremely worrying - massive risk when you are perfectly healthy so once you throw in a serious medical condition…

I don’t know if it’s a case of can’t get insurance or can’t get affordable insurance. I would imagine in NNL’s case she would have had an annual policy and maybe it was supplied through her management co so that she could do the travel work?

I have a free annual travel policy through my bank account but thanks to a primary cancer diagnosis they now charge me for it 🙄 (and it was actually never free as I get charged for having the special account which comes with these ‘benefits’)

Reactions: 4
The insurance thing is extremely worrying - massive risk when you are perfectly healthy so once you throw in a serious medical condition…

I don’t know if it’s a case of can’t get insurance or can’t get affordable insurance. I would imagine in NNL’s case she would have had an annual policy and maybe it was supplied through her management co so that she could do the travel work?

I have a free annual travel policy through my bank account but thanks to a primary cancer diagnosis they now charge me for it 🙄 (and it was actually never free as I get charged for having the special account which comes with these ‘benefits’)
Nah Nicky had an annual policy with a company valled Insurance With who specifically do insurance for those with cancer and other serious illness, they are usually very reasonable with their prices and can offer cover for even terminal/stage 4 patients- im surprised Lizzie hasn’t spoken to them?
---
OK folks, don't let it be said I never give you anything. We all know that Lauren Mahon is one classy bird. So here's an article which won't surprise any of you:
‘How did I find the lump? I was masturbating’: Lauren Mahon on sex, breasts and the Big C | Cancer | The Guardian
Lauren’s constant graphic chat about sex is a clear sign that she’s not had sex or any male attention in a loooonnnnngggggggggg time. She’s absolutely desperate.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Lizzie's stories today :confused:, the scan showing where her cancer is just WOW. I really like Lizzie and hope that she catches some sort of break / miracle.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
Why does he keep gushing about her being 'like a duck to water' with motherhood. She's nothing special, she's literally doing her job....looking after the children she birthed.
Also this photo with her super dark eyebrows, Yellow hair and fake teeth has really given me the ick.
She's not a patch on how beautiful Rachael was, remember Rachael Steve?
He always seems surprised when women take to motherhood. He made a similar comment about Rachel once, and this is at least the second time he says this about wife #2.

And as someone else said, her wedding eyebrows were much worse. Like "someone should have a word with her" bad.

1697801306502.png

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
Just seen Lauren’s (and others ) cancer won’t be the last thing to F*** me campaign,and now I have a little bit of sick in my mouth 🤢 yes as a cancer patient myself it is a topic for discussion but IMO in a less forward scary manner.

Reactions: 12
Just seen Lauren’s (and others ) cancer won’t be the last thing to F*** me campaign,and now I have a little bit of sick in my mouth 🤢 yes as a cancer patient myself it is a topic for discussion but IMO in a less forward scary manner.
Couldn’t agree more. My cancer treatment involved a full hysterectomy followed by surgical menopause, which obviously caused all sorts of mental and physical concerns about getting back in the saddle (pun intended!) when it came to s-e-x. (God bless my other half, the first time we did it post-op I had to tell him to stop pausing to check if I was ok! Nearly ruined the mood totally!)

This is a topic that absolutely should be talked about openly, but it doesn’t need to have the shock factor that Lauren seems to want to bring to everything. We’re all grown ups, not teenagers who think the word f**k is big and clever. I’m exactly the demographic Lauren is trying to reach with Girl v Cancer but I wouldn’t touch it with a barge pole.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
It seems to have been filmed by actors? Bit confusing as they did originally advertise for people to take part.

Also, when did LM’s cancer diagnosis change from stage 2 to stage 3? Her lymph nodes were clear post surgery so did the Guardian get it wrong?

Attachments

I know it's a campaign but the actors are so clearly, well, actors that it loses any element of realism. Its a really important subject and it's good it's being discussed but I dunno, this seems a little obvious/try hard?

Reactions: 1
I know it's a campaign but the actors are so clearly, well, actors that it loses any element of realism. Its a really important subject and it's good it's being discussed but I dunno, this seems a little obvious/try hard?
It looks so try hard! Just use normal people in normal clothing. Seems like they were trying too hard to make it look 'sexy' especially with that horrible filter.

I'm also exactly the attended target market for the campaign but it does not speak to me at all.

Reactions: 1
It looks so try hard! Just use normal people in normal clothing. Seems like they were trying too hard to make it look 'sexy' especially with that horrible filter.

I'm also exactly the attended target market for the campaign but it does not speak to me at all.
As with everything that Lauren Mahon has a hand in, this campaign is crass, tacky and is desperatly trying too hard to be shocking/edgy…. like lauren herself actually!!!! its just a bit seedy.

Reactions: 11

Lauren is the epitome of try-hard. She's my age and I cringe so badly at her use of language, the ways she structures her captions, her dress sense, bleurgh

Reactions: 8
Cancer won’t be the last thing that f**ks me? Seriously? That’s just grim

He always seems surprised when women take to motherhood. He made a similar comment about Rachel once, and this is at least the second time he says this about wife #2.

And as someone else said, her wedding eyebrows were much worse. Like "someone should have a word with her" bad.

View attachment 2521214
Ugh her last hashtag 🤢 Cannot imagine anything remotely worse.

Attachments

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
Ugh her last hashtag 🤢 Cannot imagine anything remotely worse.
"A year of getting on each other's tits". They've made comments like this before....since their engagement, I believe.
It's not that I think that partners don't get on each other's tits, although I can honestly say my husband doesn't. But if he did, I wouldn't keep bringing it up on special occasions. I just don't get why you would want to start the sentence with that.

"A year of getting on each other's tits". They've made comments like this before....since their engagement, I believe.
It's not that I think that partners don't get on each other's tits, although I can honestly say my husband doesn't. But if he did, I wouldn't keep bringing it up on special occasions. I just don't get why you would want to start the sentence with that.
Is she trying to be humorous maybe? Comes across as tacky and just unfunny, bet she is hell to live with

Reactions: 2