Cancer Influencers #9

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I liked Brogen but the latest post re funerals is a bit much...wear smart black, white roses only (or a donation), bring a printed photo with a memory ... Very odd

Reactions: 2
I liked Brogen but the latest post re funerals is a bit much...wear smart black, white roses only (or a donation), bring a printed photo with a memory ... Very odd
I agree. It's been discussed on NNL thread. Particularly love the 'charity starts at home' quote asking people to donate to her daughter

Reactions: 1
I think I'm the only one who doesn't see anything remotely wrong with this. I think it's nice that people would turn up looking smart and that things were organised rather than some mish-mash chavvy sort of thing. Seem to remember that BowelBabe arrranged that her mourners would wear black and/or white and it was a very respectful affair.

Reactions: 5
I think I'm the only one who doesn't see anything remotely wrong with this. I think it's nice that people would turn up looking smart and that things were organised rather than some mish-mash chavvy sort of thing. Seem to remember that BowelBabe arrranged that her mourners would wear black and/or white and it was a very respectful affair.
I agree. I always said I wanted people to wear black at my funeral with the women on sunglasses and wide brimmed hats (think Dynasty 1983). Its irrelevant now because I'm leaving my body to science but I'm all for traditional respectful funerals.

Reactions: 4
I agree. I always said I wanted people to wear black at my funeral with the women on sunglasses and wide brimmed hats (think Dynasty 1983). Its irrelevant now because I'm leaving my body to science but I'm all for traditional respectful funerals.
That would have been brilliant, though (the sunglasses and wide-brimmed hats). A stylish send-off!

That would have been brilliant, though (the sunglasses and wide-brimmed hats). A stylish send-off!
Instead I'll be in a refrigerator for god knows how long! I bleeping hate the cold as well.

• Sad
Reactions: 4
I don’t see anything wrong with it either. We should all think about what we want our funerals to be like and have those conversations with family and friends. Is she wanted something very traditional then that was her prerogative and her family are right to share it. One of my best friends has always told us she want us all in full mourning, black outfits complete with hats and veils so we know what to do when her time eventually comes!

Maybe it feels weird to some people because it specifies something so formal? Nowadays we’re quite used to people saying no black, bright colours only for funerals so to see something saying the opposite might be what feels strange?

Reactions: 3
I don’t see anything wrong with it either. We should all think about what we want our funerals to be like and have those conversations with family and friends. Is she wanted something very traditional then that was her prerogative and her family are right to share it. One of my best friends has always told us she want us all in full mourning, black outfits complete with hats and veils so we know what to do when her time eventually comes!

Maybe it feels weird to some people because it specifies something so formal? Nowadays we’re quite used to people saying no black, bright colours only for funerals so to see something saying the opposite might be what feels strange?
Nah it was the tone of the post, and in one breath it said she DIDNT want a “traditiona/boring“ funeral - then in the next sentence its like ‘wear all black/bring only whote roses’ - the whole thing was just jarring

Reactions: 3
Nah it was the tone of the post, and in one breath it said she DIDNT want a “traditiona/boring“ funeral - then in the next sentence its like ‘wear all black/bring only whote roses’ - the whole thing was just jarring
Let's hope to God that her order of service isn't as jarring as Nicky's was! I'm still shuddering at the thought of what was written (badly) in that!
---
Instead I'll be in a refrigerator for god knows how long! I bleeping hate the cold as well.
Well we'll all be in there for a bit, so we can have a Tattle reunion. Although it will be fairly silent.

Last edited:
It doesn't say much for her friends/family that they need to be instructed to dress smartly. I have been to many funerals, always wear a dark suit and top. I wouldn't think of being anything other than smart, and I certainly would not have to demand my family/friends dress respectfully for my funeral.

It doesn't say much for her friends/family that they need to be instructed to dress smartly. I have been to many funerals, always wear a dark suit and top. I wouldn't think of being anything other than smart, and I certainly would not have to demand my family/friends dress respectfully for my funeral.
Same here, but I guess thesedays there are some people who don't understand what it is to dress respectfully.

I’m a day or so behind but did anyone see Lizzie saying she has no travel insurance for their Disney trip? How did NNL always seem to get it? I’m worried for her not having any and going somewhere so active :(

• Wow
I’m a day or so behind but did anyone see Lizzie saying she has no travel insurance for their Disney trip? How did NNL always seem to get it? I’m worried for her not having any and going somewhere so active :(
Yes i saw that. She’s being really silly going to America with no health insurance.

• Wow
Reactions: 11
She's going to Disney? They're all obsessed with Disney. I can't think of much worse than going there in a state of advanced illness with no insurance.

She's going to Disney? They're all obsessed with Disney. I can't think of much worse than going there in a state of advanced illness with no insurance.
She’s going there to give her kids an amazing holiday, she said she wants to take them now while she’s still physically able to. I dont get the impression that she’s particularly interested in Disney herself, certainly isnt a Disney obsessive like NNL was.

• Heart
Is she going to Disneyland Paris, or Disney World in Florida, did she say?

UPDATED: I see from @BettyCrockerr that she's going to the US! I agree that it's absolutely crazy to be going there without insurance, even in the best of cases.

Reactions: 7
I think for LE it’s probably for the kids. But, yeah DISNEY seems to be their dream, maybe it’s the way cancer / death affects them, emotional regression. For me, it’s my worst nightmare too.

I think for LE it’s probably for the kids. But, yeah DISNEY seems to be their dream, maybe it’s the way cancer / death affects them, emotional regression. For me, it’s my worst nightmare too.
I hope to God I don't emotionally regress in this way if I ever get truly ill. Might ask the vet to put me down.
---
She’s going there to give her kids an amazing holiday, she said she wants to take them now while she’s still physically able to. I dont get the impression that she’s particularly interested in Disney herself, certainly isnt a Disney obsessive like NNL was.
Ah, OK. I don't see her posts so only learn this stuff on here.