Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
Flouting lockdown rules by playing on play park equipment. What a good example to set for little children going past who are being told they can’t use it!

• Angry
Reactions: 11

Puddings

Forgetting to disclose affiliate links and ADs when it’s her job? Not an excuse, she needs to grow up and be more transparent.

• Heart
'If I stop posting ads I won't be able to pay my mortgage?' Is she for fucking real??
GET A PROPER JOB YOU TAX-DODGING TWAT!
This is absolutely tone deaf. Like anything this pandemic / the associated panic will disproportionately impact people who are already living close to or below the breadline, I’m more concerned about how a 0 hours worker on minimum wage will afford their rent & food than your ad shit.

We will all have our worries but we can park airing them when they’re so comparatively privileged, it just doesn’t need to be said. She has a company account with cash in, access to credit (which she knows she can repay with sponcon), assets to sell, even having a mortgage you’re more likely to get a payment holiday than a tenant at the mercy of a landlord, like boo hoo baby.

I didn’t think she was like this tbh and am disappointed to have heard this.

HarderFaster

VIP Member
It’s always seemed a little complicated to me - not providing fat fashion, fat happy safe spaces etc won’t make fat go away, so whilst people have the bodies they have why not tell them about good brands, chub rub solutions, fat exercising etc. But I suppose I am privileged to view the plus size scene simply for fashion reasons (I am boobie rather than fat) - I am not seeking an ambassador who I can decide is telling me it’s glorious and nothing to worry about. Not sure I’ve expressed myself well there.

I can be found wanging on about them not promoting fat a few pages back. I think George, Louise McSharry etc are very frank about the shit you get for being fat. Seems to me like there’s a difference between promotion and saying look, we’re here and we’d like nice clothes please. But as I say, I suppose a lot of it is about the message you’re seeking for yourself?
If I've understood correctly, you're absolutely spot on here. I find it really interesting on the threads of all the plus sized bloggers there are either a) people who are not fat concern trolling about health or b) fellow fat people projecting their self-loathing onto said bloggers.

I've had historic problems with food and have ricocheted between a size 12 and a size 22 throughout my adult years. Sure, your knees hurt more when you're fatter, but that's a given, right? None of these girls are saying "shit, look how healthy my joints are!". I agree that the reason they've built up a following is because they acknowledged that fat girls deserved nice clothes and nice things. I can safely say that by far the worst thing when I'm in my fat phases is the way people treat me: you may as well be invisible. So I had a lot of time for a group who make me feel worthy and attractive in a world which screams otherwise.

The part I do have a problem with is the entitled grasping that completely alienates all of these influencers from normal humans. It's been highlighted by covid, and further exposed a dark underbelly to the whole influencer marketing model.

tempsnip2.jpg

• Heart

Jammydodge

VIP Member
Well I'm curious as to where she goes from here ...not much room left in the garden so unlikely to be any more purchases there, the house is now all painted white and covered in pics of her and Dan and I, her cooking skills are proving to be very limited although we may yet see dragon fruit dipped in chocolate so brace yourselves for that master class, no freebie trips abroad to be had for the foreseeable ....so that leaves errrr hmmmm ...oh god more bike rides with Helmut one and two ! Perhaps that's wear she applies the chub rub that she uses on her bike rides ! 🤥

• Haha
  • Heart
Callie tried to pretend she’s all fridge foraged salads and healthy food and then Danielle Vanier fucks that all up by showing the massive plate of s’mores they ate 😂

And now more AD’s for ice cream....she’s as bad with that as she is with face cream....bet she scoffed the three pack trying to get the perfect shot 😂

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

glitterati

I love that she’s showcasing plus sized clothes. I hate that she’s so smug and doesn’t put #Ad in front of her sponsored/gifted posts. She’s not transparent at all. They’re always at the end but didn’t the ASA say it has to be at the front?

Pongoandperdy

She’s so unbelievably smug. We get it. You like cooking. And you’re fairly decent at it. Half of these meals look fucking expensive to make and it seems like they’re mainly done for the ‘Gram.
I can guarantee you that she’s not surviving off of kale pancakes and elderflower cordial at her size. I would love to see what she scarfs down during the day, that doesn’t make it onto Insta...

• Haha
Reactions: 10

Listerfiend

Chatty Member
She's just posted that there was an incident whilst riding her bike this morning...I'm obviously sad that she felt unwell but seriously...20+ stone riding a bike in 26 degrees at the hottest part of the day ...how was that ever a good idea ?
I’m about that and I can easily WALK a good distance in the middle of the day when it’s a hot 40+ degrees and not faint. I’d suggest she’s unfit because all she’s been doing has been staying around home and ‘relaxing’, not doing any form of exercise (even body weight exercises is better than doing nowt!) then she’s goes for a ride on a warm day, that’s why she’s fainted.

She needs to move more. Rather than lying on the hammock, do a small body weight workout - not only will that help her feel better physically but it will also help her mentally and her anxiety that she has been mentioning recently.

The whole Anthropology issue needs to be addressed by her properly. NOT an Instagram story that has now disappeared but a full post on her grid, where it remains, so her ‘audience’ can see her stance on it. Then she needs to delete all her associated content with them OFF her grid and her stories. Until she does that, whatever she says is just lip service to make it look like she’s taken a stance.

• Heart

Jammydodge

VIP Member
What has helped her MH during
lockdown...I think she " forgot" to add some important details !

She is sooo full of shit ! Go on a bike ride on my £300 bike I bought during lock down, I then struggle home to my garden which contains my brand new hot tub, 2 hammocks, pizza oven and table and chairs...all purchased whist Dan and I have been struggling financially during lockdown! Dan and I have also enjoyed countless home cooked dinners made with lots of gifted freebie items that we don't need because we can actually afford the luxury of shopping at the farmers market for fresh fruit and vegetables, no shopping at Aldi for us ! Hahaha ! She's such a lying joker !

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart

Anon879

I think you are missing the mark here tbh, she has a platform and she is using it which is more that can be said for other influencers who just reposted a story and have gone back to business as usual.
Her politics may not align with your own but it is a valid point being made - the prevailing issue at the moment is around the BLM movement. That’s not to say other prejudices aren’t alive and well especially in British politics but to bring it back to the Labour Party is just pure whataboutery.

But it’s ok to imply that by voting conservative you’re supporting racism?

You can’t speak up against discrimination and discriminate others at the same time. That’s why her argument is invalid and hypocritical

• Heart

Pongoandperdy

I do like Callie but without her sponsored holidays and events to go to she seems utterly lost. One day fixated on homeware and decorating, another day cooking and baking, then cycling, then makeup, then skincare with random swipe ups scattered in between. Confusing for her audience.
Actually, this is what I was pondering about - is she trying to rebrand herself as a sort of food/cookery or broader (no pun intended) lifestyle blogger, now the travel has dried up?

I really miss the good old days of plus size fashion blogging (with bloggers like Arched Eyebrow, Callie, DV, Fat Girls Like Nice Clothes Too, Monkey Fatshionista). It was so refreshing seeing their outfits and creativity - now it’s just the same, shallow #Gifted #Ad inane stuff. Such a shame.

Jammydodge

VIP Member
She doesn't post any decent content in days, we've seen her spin her lettuce more than once ! Yawn !, and she then has the brass neck to lie there, in her 'signature' grubby black dress, and shamelessly beg for appliances!

Callie how about this for revolutionary....Google was invented to help do research, go do your own and then pay for the unnecessary frivolous items yourself ! You absolute muppet !

Anon879

Hold on. Dan has been working his actual job, doing a tonne of DIY, has waited after her hand and foot and helped their community out and what has she done? Moaned about having no money (when she clearly has tonnes) and made some butter 👍🏻

No wonder she feels like shit. Her husband has shown her up BIG TIME

Clearly not a case of the brand deals not being out there, they just aren’t coming to her lazy and moany arse

Anon879

I believe in karma, this "influencer" lifestyle won't last forever.
Exactly. Then they’ll all be unemployed with zero qualifications or experience for the ‘normal’ jobs we all have to do.

I look forward to the day when they all realise just how expensive living is when you don’t get the majority of your possessions gifted

Crazycatty

VIP Member
Yep not a fan - especially when she shows the foods she cooks/eats. I’m plus size and put it this way if I only ate what she shows she eats I wouldn’t be this size. Obviously only showing the good stuff for the ‘gram.

Dontstopmenow

“I’m just going to have another restful day today”

how is that any different from any other day in her life!??

• Haha
  • Heart