Callie Thorpe #3 Dear Lord, what a sad little life Callie, your whole life is an AD

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
The defensiveness of the ads and her going on about being self employed is pure cringe. I don’t think shilling stuff you probably can’t actually afford to buy yourself online is in the same league as running a business. It’s not as if the free content is interesting either 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The defensiveness of the ads and her going on about being self employed is pure cringe. I don’t think shilling stuff you probably can’t actually afford to buy yourself online is in the same league as running a business. It’s not as if the free content is interesting either 🙄
She's turned comments off yet again?

Reactions: 2
LOL callie is basically sharing those on her story as a way to say “look, others do it too and I’m not the only one” she OBVIOUSLY reads here because she wouldn’t feel so defensive over it otherwise. I see through her tit and think she’s just trying to make herself feel better for constantly shooting out adverts because deep down she knows she’s not authentic anymore, she’s not an influencer or blogger anymore she’s a walking talking AD dispenser. What a crappy woman

Reactions: 7
Just watched the curvy roamer video that callie shared. It kind of shows that this bopo thing is just a front for most of the plus size influencers - I don't think they are really happy at that size at all. She is literally sat there crying to the camera about being overweight and how it affects her life/ dating etc, she doesn't like the word 'fat. it was quite sad.

I say this as someone who is overweight myself btw, I'm not sneering at her size at all. just feel like it must be exhausting pretending to feel sexy all the time.

Reactions: 6
Anyone seen her AD? It’s for Elemis, a brand which is unbelievably expensive. In this current climate people are struggling to eat, pay bills and whatnot, and she’s advertising this brand full aware that majority of people simply cannot afford it. She loves to preach about equality and shares so much about issues surrounding it, but yet blindly does adverts like this. And she obviously knows that so many smaller businesses/people are out there but continues to push for these huge companies. I really dislike her. Also she’s increasingly resembling a pig the more time passes by View attachment 309105
Yet another different face cream.....she cannot seriously use all of the different ones she claims to try and love, no wonder her skin is bad

• Sad
Reactions: 5
Just watched the curvy roamer video that callie shared. It kind of shows that this bopo thing is just a front for most of the plus size influencers - I don't think they are really happy at that size at all. She is literally sat there crying to the camera about being overweight and how it affects her life/ dating etc, she doesn't like the word 'fat. it was quite sad.

I say this as someone who is overweight myself btw, I'm not sneering at her size at all. just feel like it must be exhausting pretending to feel sexy all the time.
Exactly this! I had to unfollow her ...all the pointing to words thing she kept posting was doing my nut in ! She is another one that thinks she’s a model and has attitude but I agree its all a front ...there is no shame in saying this online life is not for me and going and getting a proper job but she is another one that loves the freebies and attention...the cynic in me now views these bare their soul posts as ways to increase engagement...Callie is definitely guilty of that!

Reactions: 3
I’m sorry Callie but I’m not sure anyone should be taking advice from you re skincare recommendations.

1. You chop and change them depending on what’s been gifted to you
2. Because you chop and change so much, your skin is not a great advert for any brand of skincare

Find one that works and stick with it, then maybe build a working relationship with just that one brand, rather than trying any brand that will send you free tit to try 🤷🏼‍♀️

As for your ‘AD breaks’, if you’re putting the ‘AD’ on your grid, please don’t fill your stories full of the same content, it’s double dipping and it’s not needed.

I don’t believe you feel ‘deep shame and guilt’ at all about any of the products you flog, the ‘AD breaks’ you create or the free stuff that you share but ‘are NOT paid to do so’. If you did you wouldn’t do so many of them and when you did do them, you’d make sure they were relevant to your target audience and affordable for them but you don’t.

• Heart
So the last time she had a load of AD’s coming up she did a tattle troll sob post then went silent. This time, she’s playing the anxiety card. She probably is anxious because she knows how fake she is and that people are seeing through her salesperson patter!

Reactions: 9
I couldn’t believe her sharing accounts saying they’re people whose ads she enjoys watching. Sure, Callie 🙄

That’s one of most ridiculous things I’ve seen from an influencer on Instagram. They’ll say anything to make a ridiculous point.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
She’s such a knob. As if she enjoys watching ads. It would be nice to see Callie just saying something is good without her being paid to promote it... I don’t believe a word she says about a product when I see AD by it. They are getting paid to say good things about it

I’ve just unfollowed her after many years. It’s actually ridiculous the amount of ads she’s doing now! Every post and story is an ad 🥵 I (almost) feel exhausted for her. There’s no genuine connection between her followers and her lifestyle now, it’s like watching a car crash!

She’s such a knob. As if she enjoys watching ads. It would be nice to see Callie just saying something is good without her being paid to promote it... I don’t believe a word she says about a product when I see AD by it. They are getting paid to say good things about it
The whole #adbreak thing she has going on... ads are when you go take a slash or get some food... people generally aren’t interested in watching them. And she’s actually not a good saleswoman either, those Etsy ads were so cringe 😬

I feel sorry for her. I think she’s lost her way and has no direction or goals. Every story I see makes me feel more sad for her.

I don’t think she is passionate about the bopo movement as she claimed in her latest story. I think she hates her body and is struggling to accept it. She either needs to learn to love herself as she is or embark on a weight loss programme.

Her content comes across as disingenuous and fake right now because she isn’t at all happy in her own skin. It’s written all over her face and in her awkward body language. This is not a woman who is positive about her plus size body. I’m not saying she should lose weight, I’m saying she should be honest about how she feels about herself. There’s a definite correlation of some of these plus size influencers weight going up and then being miserable and anxious. I get the same vibes from Dani V too.

TLDR: it’s time to piss or get off the pot, Callie! Either love yourself as you are or make some changes. Either way, stop living a lie.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
The difference is, the other influencers in her stories post other good content, not just ad after ad after ad. Her grid was what, 7 ads in a row last week? It's like being bashed over the head by advertising. Imagine turning on the TV and it being a constant ad break and no original shows? Or having to watch 50 mins of adverts for 10 mins of Corrie.You wouldn't bother would you.

The other 'influencers' I follow still have day jobs, or have set up their own businesses, and just do ads for a few brands they are loyal to, allowing them to keep some integrity. It feels like Callie has made a huge mistake by putting all of her eggs in the influencer basket and she knows it.

Weird that she keeps referring to it as 'self employed' rather than advertising. There are lots of ways we can be self employed without flogging stuff - lots of us manage it.

Reactions: 11
Yep came in here to say I have unfollowed and I’m glad I’m not the only one tired of the ad breaks. I just wasn’t to see someone the same size as me wearing nice clothes and talking about life in general. I don’t log in to Instagram to watch an ad for different skin care every day of the week or for her free content about making overnight oats. I don’t want ‘content’ just chats about real life. I guess that’s not where Instagram is going anymore... it’s how she makes her money and that’s fair enough. I can’t see how that is sustainable though, everything has its 15 minutes. I used to really love her so it’s a shame.

I’ve unfollowed as well, if the ads were interspersed with decent content I really wouldn’t mind but it’s just too much now

6.5 out of 9 of her last grid posts are adverts. Too much. Too much.

I agree that there is some kind of disconnect between what she says and how she comes across and I don’t believe that’s purely down to her suffering from depression.

I think it’s because she wants to be all things to all people and that’s made her lose her way. Her content is so disjointed and has no cohesive thread to it.

She wants to be a food blogger, lifestyle, home and garden, bopo warrior, exercise and hobbies blogger, mental health advocate and political speaker all at once. Everything is just.... too much.

Reactions: 9
Just looked on her grid and the last 7 out of 10 posts were ads and the other two were products she used for an ad which she sneakily used again. The only one which wasn’t was her ‘farmers marker’ haul but I get if they offered her a sponsership deal she would 😂
I’m glad that ASA decided to be more strict and they now have to label it, as before I wouldn’t probably notice that all this is an AD and think she was genuinely recommending products cos she liked them and paid for them herself

Reactions: 7
Her last post, that river island outfit which looks questionable and I suspect she thought the pose would help.

In the comments, someone asks her about feathers falling off easily. She responded, 'the only thing I would say is feathers everywhere'.

Someone else confirmed that this is the case and it's 'ridiculous how many fall off' and mentioned hoovering each time she tried it on and returned it for this reason.

Why then is she advertising this?

Callie ought to get it together in terms of her ad choices or lose credibility among those who she wishes to 'influence'.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.