Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.
He’s not spot on and just because he started with valid points about the fitness industry does not then make his cruel and dehumanising perspective on fat people valid. The language is so terrible ‘helping obese people take control of their lives’- so they’re all out of control? He acknowledges issues that may contribute to weight issues but completely ignores physiology- as a PT of all things! Just because he’s pretending to be compassionate does not make it a compassionate message. I’m sure I’ll be slated for this given the comments in the past couple of pages but fuck it.

• Heart
Reactions: 28

Mickybrowneyes

VIP Member
I really wish that people would stop thinking that Callie is a plus size influencer who exercises all the time.. she barely moves off her couch

Reactions: 22

TruffleTrifle

I’ve unfollowed guys. Can’t indulge her in using her grandpa as content. It’s just lazy. He’s a lovely man and I feel a bit sorry for him tbh it makes me uncomfortable.

• Heart
Reactions: 20

hiya_hun

VIP Member
Isn't that crazy when you think back to the way influencers used to be - Callie used to have such a lovely account. Remember when bloggers would actually buy outfits and stuff with their own money, styling them in their own way, giving honest reviews! It's just another world now. Free shite and fake lifestyles.

I do think Callie is a nice girl - she needs to drop this pretentious veg box act and get back to her real self!

• Heart
Reactions: 20

Chip1984

VIP Member
Sorry to disagree here but I think her picking her Grandad up shouldn't really be an issue if they stayed in the car and didn't come into contact with others. He is an elderly gentleman, who obviously lives alone, and I don't begrudge anyone spending time with their loved ones over Xmas, especially the elderly.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The ad's irritate me, it's all she does is post ad's. I don't even know what she is anymore? She's moved away from plus size fashion and now it seems like she'll promote anything that brings her money in.
Promotes 4 different skincare brands in a month....wonders why her skin is a mess🤷🏻‍♀️I’d appreciate it more if she just stuck to one brand and gave an honest review after a decent amount of time using it, not using it twice for content and then moving onto the next thing to get a few more pennies. All I’m influenced is to not buy anything, which isn’t really the point....

It’s a hard life....it’s Monday, I’ve been logged onto my work computer since 7, was up at 5:30 to shower and walk the dog. I’ve managed to get a couple of loads of washing done in between meetings and I know I don’t know the half of it as have no kids to sort out/homeschool etc and here’s Callie eating porridge in bed and going out for a stroll....how can these people think what they do is a job I’ll never know

Last edited:
  • Haha
I am concerned... I am in their new FB group for the confidence corner, on there I see soo many vulnerable ladies finding a community of women who are just like them, it is actually a really beautiful community with people sharing their vulnerabilities.

However I honestly feel they have dangled a carrot with this, and if they decide to charge for the community I think this oversteps the line to immorally wrong. Taking advantage of fat women's insecurities, and providing a community for them where they feel at home and understood after being outcasted for soo many years, but only if you pay for it.

I have been thinking about it all day, and it actually upsets me to think all these women don’t know there is going to be a monthly fee after this week long “FREE” course.

• Heart
  • Sad

Fancypantaloons!

Chatty Member
Isn't that crazy when you think back to the way influencers used to be - Callie used to have such a lovely account. Remember when bloggers would actually buy outfits and stuff with their own money, styling them in their own way, giving honest reviews! It's just another world now. Free shite and fake lifestyles.

I do think Callie is a nice girl - she needs to drop this pretentious veg box act and get back to her real self!
Personally I think she pretends at being nice ...those aggressive swearing posts after the Cosmo drama were the true Callie. She continues to lie and mislead in order to gain financially...I still can't get past all the crap during the first lockdown begging for freebies, all the excessive spending on luxury items then whining about being broke and the mortgage break...the recent importing of blood oranges because she really fancied some shows how selfish and how little thought she gives to anyone but herself.

• Heart

Mickybrowneyes

VIP Member
I already find callies content so mind numbingly boring now so please don’t hate me but the whole granch content is also super lame. Why would I care what an 80yr old man has for breakfast?? The old guy just wants to watch his Tv and his shows in peace. I’m sorry but it bugs me that Callie thinks this is good content, just shows how out of touch she is

TravellingPants

Chatty Member
I feel for Callie in this whole Cosmo thing. I stopped following her a while back as I couldn’t bear the Granch content so am just catching up now.

I don’t need to see footage of her working out any more than I need to see it from a straight sized influencer. She can do as much or as little as she wants and I need no receipts. What I do find baffling is that even as recently as her posts calling out Tattle, she was citing the struggles she was facing with her mental and physical health that were taking their toll. For that reason alone, the feature doesn’t ring true.

It would only have taken a small amount of self-awareness to listen to the approach and say ‘Do you know what, I’m actually not feeling in a great place health-wise and I don’t think this is right for me’ ... but she couldn’t pass up the exposure and presumably the fee.

I think we should have far more diverse body representation in all media but to plaster someone who is very open about their health struggles with the headline ‘THIS IS HEALTHY’ is incredibly disingenuous for all involved.

• Heart
Reactions: 18

Chip1984

VIP Member
To be fair to Callie, I'm a size 22/24 and love veg too. I also love wine, cheese, pizza, chocolate, sitting on my fat arse.....

• Haha
  • Heart

JimmyJamJar

Chatty Member
Im pissed off she’s going after Sainsbury’s, after working for them as well! I work for them and we do stock plus sizes.... almost everything comes in sizes up to 26, other supermarkets don’t! Maybe she needs reminding we’re in a fucking pandemic and we can’t get hold of stock, so levels are low and things actually sell out.... she’s not the only fat person that wears clothes! She is such a cunt, I bet if they offered her an ad job she’d snap their fucking hands off... and breathe 🥱

Instafamous1

VIP Member
i think the whole thing with Callie saying she didn’t feel like she deserved the Cosmopolitan cover.. it’s not that she doesn’t ‘deserve’ it cos she’s overweight, overweight people can still be recognised for achievements but if I was her i would have said no to the opportunity. She knows in her heart she isn’t healthy or happy.. she should have politely declined, especially knowing the backlash and her fragile mental state.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
I think the granch content highlights what a sickness social media has become and that’s why it’s such uncomfortable viewing?

Watching someone that used to be a lovely girl chatting about fashion online now patronising her grandfather about meaningless middle class shit is... gross? Like believe it or not there are many ways to live and knowing about your kale smoothies is not his chosen path so leave it out. It’s absurd she’s perpetuating this Victorian freak show structure on her own grandad, like look at this working class freak from Wales my Anthro huns x

• Heart
  • Sad

Dishthedirt2021

VIP Member
What in the absolute fuck are those two hogs offering for £20 a month? I follow Callie for free and i still feel fleeced 😂

• Haha

BobRob

I’ll be honest it does make me angry that people that constantly go on about how healthy they are, despite being severely overweight are now skipping along for their vaccination before people with severe disabilities and learning difficulties. It’s been shown that those with learning disabilities are at a much higher risk of illness and death yet they are almost at the bottom of the list to be vaccinated. It comes across as if the lives of these people are viewed as less important. If you haven’t already look up the situation with Jo Whiley’s sister. The author Ian Rankin has also been very outspoken this week as he has been offered a vaccination before his severely disabled son.

• Sad

Hannahchoo

The video about confusion over what is healthy, eat fruit, fruit has sugar, don’t eat sugar etc. I understand parts of diet culture are confusing but I’ve said it before on here and I am going to say it again.

Callie Thorpe does NOTHING to help the HAES movement when she posts idiotic stuff like this. You can’t slag off science when you’re that fat, you can’t disregard it and somehow expect people to think you’re correct in your thinking of not believing the science. You can’t sit there and claim you eat vegetables all day long but yet you’re 23 stone.
She makes fat people look really bad. She does not help us. Stop pretending you’re healthy and your that your weight is a mystery of science.