Call The Midwife #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Just googled it and there's an article in the Radio Times confirming he's leaving. No more info. I hope the character is seen leaving to work in another country for a while (expanding overseas or setting up some charitable arm?) and not some horrible death. That would be tragic for Trixie.

That could pave the way for Trixie to only be in maybe half of next series as she goes to join him and for other strong characters to come along. I really like her character but, as @toastedwoofles says, maybe we wouldn't if there were others with real presence there.

Reactions: 3
To be honest, as long as Phyllis is in it I’m not overly bothered about anyone else. I’d quite happily watch an entire series of her marching around Poplar being fabulous.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I would like to see Nurse Crane bring Nonnatus House and the community midwife’s into the 70’s with the help of Nancy and how hospital was the way forward for births and things changed with the slum clearances and the docks.
@Miss Begotten i concur.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 5
Maybe it’s me, but it seems the general consensus is as long as Nurse Crane stays, that’s fine. I don’t think I’d continue watching without her there.

Reactions: 14
I agree that Heidi Thomas needs to sort out exit stories for some characters. The Lucille story is just ludicrous and now we have a newly married Matthew leaving. Surely he’ll die as there’s no sensible reason a newly wed would go away to work, never to be seen again. Then that would bring up the responsibility of Jonathan with Trixie bringing him up alone and not working.

Reactions: 10
What has stumped me is that while the Radio Times, known for being fairly reputable, has published the news, there has been absolute radio silence from Heidi, Olly and the Beebs.

Reactions: 3
Radio times have published an article saying Trixie wont be leaving the show at the end of series 13 so that makes olly being written out even more strange

Reactions: 1
Radio times have published an article saying Trixie wont be leaving the show at the end of series 13 so that makes olly being written out even more strange
Perhaps the creators didn’t feel their behaviour (if true) aligned with the programmes “wholesome“ image.
He was very wooden anyway.

Perhaps the creators didn’t feel their behaviour (if true) aligned with the programmes “wholesome“ image.
He was very wooden anyway.
There has just been another article posted about Olly saying the door is open for him to come back and nothing is confirmed on his exit so who knows what is going to happen!

Olly probably isn’t even leaving but the show can’t have that many series left in it now surely? I’ll still watch though.

Reactions: 4
Olly probably isn’t even leaving but the show can’t have that many series left in it now surely? I’ll still watch though.
Its in danger of becoming stale like heartbeat which ended up sticking in 1969 for 10 years.
We are hurtling towards the 70s and much more babies were born in hospital and most of the key themes have been covered e.g poverty, poor housing, racism, DV etc.
It needs to go out on a high rather than diluted down and poor quality

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.