Call The Midwife #2

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Didn’t enjoy yesterday’s Christmas edition as much as previous years. Not enough of Phillis and too much of Sister Moniker Jones.

Reactions: 11
I enjoyed it but would have been nice to see more of Nurse Crane I like her and the Dr receptionist forgotten her name

Reactions: 7
Why was Phillis not with the rest of the cast? Felt very odd and 2020 to me. Did not enjoy :(

Reactions: 9
I am finding the last few years Christmas specials boring maybe the should keep it to an hour.

Reactions: 2
This is the first Christmas special that I felt was too long. And slightly disjointed. Nurse Crane’s storyline seemed arbitrary, especially her journey home to Nonnatus House. I thought something was going to happen but she just had a nap then Trixie’s brother fixed her back??

On Christmas Eve I rewatched the first Christmas special from 2012, the one with Mrs Jenkins. What a brilliant and emotive episode that was. This years one felt a bit pointless in comparison.

Reactions: 9
For me, the magic of the Christmas specials has gone. Cyril never mentioned his wife Lucille, Shelagh getting in a flap about the present from Hong Kong and Nurse Crane was very under utilised. It was set in 1968 but with the social values of 2023 - no one batted an eyelid at the mixed race baby's birth and Nancy (a single unmarried mother) permitted to live in her place of employment with her illegitimate daughter! As ever, the endless background music is a distraction.

Reactions: 15
For me, the magic of the Christmas specials has gone. Cyril never mentioned his wife Lucille, Shelagh getting in a flap about the present from Hong Kong and Nurse Crane was very under utilised. It was set in 1968 but with the social values of 2023 - no one batted an eyelid at the mixed race baby's birth and Nancy (a single unmarried mother) permitted to live in her place of employment with her illegitimate daughter! As ever, the endless background music is a distraction.
Unfortunately I think its run its cause now

Reactions: 7
I watched today. I found it very meh this year. It was on 90 minutes and not much really happened. I did see Rosie Jones will be appearing in the new series in the preview so there’s an episode for me to skip.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
I watched today. I found it very meh this year. It was on 90 minutes and not much really happened. I did see Rosie Jones will be appearing in the new series in the preview so there’s an episode for me to skip.
I dont like her either!

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.