Caitlinandleahh

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Undoubtedly some of the comments they (and others) receive are just hateful and unnecessary, and do come across as bullying.

I think we really need counter-examples in these videos, though, of negative comments that aren't bullying, and should be allowed as part of open discourse on a public platform. There is a difference between bullying and critique that is often glossed over.

Reactions: 6

Caitlin and Leah | Think Before you Type Episode 2

I would actually recommend watching this from 9:30

The hater talk - someone talking anonymously
Explaining why they hated on people saying they did it because they were jealous and how they used anonymous account to send it and how they regret that they did it now.

Caitlin and Leah hid their hate comment from their parent and they sat with their mums and read the comments out.
Caitlin said getting hate comments is quite shameful so they prefer to hid it.

A lot of the comments read out were being homophobic towards both Leah and Caitlin.

Their mums spoke about how they feel about the hate comments and how it upset them because Caitlin and Leah “are putting them selves out their to help others and be themselves”
One of the comments was “Caitlin and Leah need sectioning”

- Leah is the main one who blocks people

People were creating hate videos about the girls
Leah was very depressed and she felt alone and she would go searching for the hate videos to protect Caitlin.

Nicola harteveld— megan Starr foundation founder

her daughter Megan (14) took her own life due to cyber bullying
She was a girl who loved to help other and she helped a boy as he was moving to a different school

She had lots of different friendship groups (which alway causes arguments in girl world) and all her different friends didn’t like that
There was a lot of incidents here the police had to get involved in with the bullying she was receiving and the school wasn’t helping

On the day megan died she rebelled and was late to school which wasn’t like her and she didn’t wear her uniform and she was taking pictures with all her friends - breaking the rules
When she got home she was normal

Nicola son (Megan’s older brother) is the one who found Megan as he had rang her to say he couldn’t find her and was panicking

Nicola said about how the death of a young person destroys so many lives because it effects families and friends and how if she could speak to someone who felt like they wanted to end their life she would try to help them to stay as these feelings don’t last for ever and that you aren’t a burden
And you are somebody’s world

Soph (soohforslife)

said about how social media platforms need more things in place and most social media platforms don’t have things in place to support people

Jenny Afia - a lawyer and Liam Hackett- ditch the label founder

Agreed and said social media platforms have a big responsibility and need to start making changes even if they are small and said how some social media have better policies. - Instagram and YouTube changing what can be people under names and who can view things etc

There was no preview this week

Reactions: 1
sorry but that is funny 😭💀
Not convinced the hater talker was real
and when they read hate comments to their parents I thought that was a bit weird

but I wish Megan’s mum would actually go on a proper documentary about mental health and social media as her daughters story could possibly save people

Reactions: 2
and when they read hate comments to their parents I thought that was a bit weird

but I wish Megan’s mum would actually go on a proper documentary about mental health and social media as her daughters story could possibly save people
Just the comment saying they need sectioned I should clarify hahaha I was meant to take off the video bit
Yeh not sure their silly tiktok comments are quite the same as any of the other examples that you have posted

I’ve not watched this video but from the way you’ve described Megans story, it sounds like she was actually being severely harassed and bullied by people she knew irl and they just happened to take it onto social media as well? Which is so different to any comments Leah and Caitlin may have got telling them it’s weird that they poo together lmao. So I’m not sure how they are even comparing these situations

They want protection from trolls yet they act like toddlers while being sexual talking about breasts, sex, etc….. So who’s protecting their target audience (12-15 year olds) from the often weirdly and inappropriate sexual content they post, knowing most of the people who obsessively follow tiktokkers are kids.

Can’t have it both ways.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
They want protection from trolls yet they act like toddlers while being sexual talking about breasts, sex, etc….. So who’s protecting their target audience (12-15 year olds) from the often weirdly and inappropriate sexual content they post, knowing most of the people who obsessively follow tiktokkers are kids.

Can’t have it both ways.
You’re absolutely right

With all this talk about trolls etc I’m curious as to how much they’ll show of their son online. They’re being very open with the pregnancy, announced it straight away and sharing constant updates. Will they protect their child from these trolls or will he be in constant tik toks for the views and numerous cutesy photo shoots etc?

Reactions: 4
I think they will hide him for a bit purely for attention but then they will get bored and show him off

With all this talk about trolls etc I’m curious as to how much they’ll show of their son online. They’re being very open with the pregnancy, announced it straight away and sharing constant updates. Will they protect their child from these trolls or will he be in constant tik toks for the views and numerous cutesy photo shoots etc?
He will be their clout baby

they will film the birth and use him to get freebies. Like other social media baby

and when they lose views they will get pregnant again to have a new clout baby

So they’ve said they won’t be showing their baby online, good on them just hope they stick to it!

Reactions: 7
So they’ve said they won’t be showing their baby online, good on them just hope they stick to it!
They won’t, they Need the cash and when they realise they can make more money they will be pimping out that kid

Reactions: 10
I feel like they’re copying Julie and camilla. They’re doing IVF and said a few weeks ago they won’t be sharing the baby, and now suddenly these two aren’t? I’m not sure I’m buying it. (To add, I do think it’s a good idea to not show the baby! Poor kids get no privacy on socials these days)

Reactions: 13
I feel like they’re copying Julie and camilla. They’re doing IVF and said a few weeks ago they won’t be sharing the baby, and now suddenly these two aren’t? I’m not sure I’m buying it. (To add, I do think it’s a good idea to not show the baby! Poor kids get no privacy on socials these days)
I thought the same as soon as I saw it!

I'm currently undergoing relactation, similar to induced lactation. The fact that Caitlin hasn't given up is helping me so much not to give up. If she can do it, anyone can 🤣🤣

• Haha
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.