Caitlin Moran #did not stay at home.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Moran shouts out her half baked opinions and presents them as fact. I actually didn't mind her before How to be a Woman but after reading that I was completely bewildered how on earth it and she became so popular.
She also appears to have no strong ethics really and justifies this by shouting - 'guess what women are complicated and are allowed to change their minds'. Well obviously. But why be so vociferous in the first place if you really don't believe it? Eg Botox. Strongly against it until she was all for it and then it was all about choice and the right to flip flop. (She talked shouted about this on Woman's Hour).

Reactions: 14
Exactly, she changed her mind about botox because it suited her to get it and she then decided to frame it as feminism. She's a bullshit faker and a spoofer

Reactions: 14
What is she on about? Has she not seen the various videos of violence and carnage - especially those where white English men are attacking Black men and Italian men?!

Nothing is changing outside of the actual England team. It’s all racism & xenophobia as usual.

As for “happiest I’ve been since repeal” because she is the original feminist, remember?! She invented feminism.

I continue to be shocked at how dumb she is sometimes. She’s almost like a left-wing Boris, bumbling and mumbling her way through Twitter instead of parliament, with a confidence that does not match her output. And yet, people still lap it all up.

Reactions: 13
Yeah and the 'happiest I've been since repeal' was only said because she was speaking to an Irish journalist and she wanted to ingratiate herself. She is a tool. Bet she's embarrassed by that tweet now after seeing all the carnage from last night

Reactions: 12
Wasn't the Charlotte Church countdown shown to be a myth? (I know CC mentioned it in her Leveson testimony but I understand no one's been able to find it. I think the only similar thing was from some obscure website)

The cited links in this are now dead

ETA - for anyone interested http://heresycorner.blogspot.com/2012/01/truth-about-that-charlotte-church.html?m=1
The countdown thing may have been a myth (it famously did happen in the 80s with Lindsay Dawn Macenzie though), but Chris Moyles got a reprimand for saying on air that he wanted to take Charlotte's virginity when she turned 16. This would have been in late 2001 / early 2002 (she's a few weeks younger than me, and I turned 16 in February 2002), and it's still amazing to me that he wasn't sacked. He 100% should have been, and would be now.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
She posted that after the semi final. But I had seen it almost word for word from someone else before She put it up.

But yes, she knows nothing and she should button it instead of always inserting herself. Much as most of us would want that change, repugnant issues have shown themselves (yet again) That most of us were probably feeling tense about flaring up.

Reactions: 4
Yeah and the 'happiest I've been since repeal' was only said because she was speaking to an Irish journalist and she wanted to ingratiate herself. She is a tool. Bet she's embarrassed by that tweet now after seeing all the carnage from last night
Another one who wants mashed potatoes brought to her at every possible opportunity.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 8
"It feels like a cultural game-changer on the same scale as The Beatles".

Er, no. And I retroactively hate everything she wrote for Smash Hits.

• Haha
Reactions: 9
As far as I know, she never worked at Smash Hits, she was Melody Maker.

Source - teenage me hated her, and would have remembered. Adult me has mellowed slightly but still finds her (and her cronies) exceptionally irritating 90% of the time.

Reactions: 11
As far as I know, she never worked at Smash Hits, she was Melody Maker.

Source - teenage me hated her, and would have remembered. Adult me has mellowed slightly but still finds her (and her cronies) exceptionally irritating 90% of the time.
Yep I remember her when I was a teenager, she used to host a music show called Naked City & she used to make me cringe inside out. She’s such a fake, god knows how she got where she is

Reactions: 7
She’s always been a tosser, I see.
Ghastly.
And absolutely astonishing she has made a career from writing.
It really is hard to think of anyone else who thinks themselves so endlessly fascinating and hilarious. Yet is neither.

• Sick
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.