Caitlin Moran #did not stay at home.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Unrelated but why does twatlin not have an accent if she grew up in Birmingham?
I think she's truly obnoxious.
Be very careful. Wolverhampton is very much not in Birmingham.
But possibly home schooling 🤷‍♀️ I think I read that her mom was from somewhere southern.

Paris Lees (who I appreciate doesn’t represent all trans women) has written about enjoying being catcalled so it’s not inaccurate in some cases.
But so have many cis women. It's a staple Daily Mail column.

Reactions: 2
So today, Caitlin jumps on the Sarah Everard bandwagon to make it all about - guess what, HERSELF. I know, who'd have thought. Then, our hero discusses some abusive man she knows and comments - the horror! - on the fact that some friends of hers are still friends of his on social media. Why don't they shun him, our brave feminist wonders.

Er, Caitlin hun, you are still friends with India Knight who harbours a paedophile under her roof and whose relationship with this disgusting man helped him escape a well-deserved jail term. India, of course, is very well connected at News UK who employ, um, Caitlin Moran.

Disgusting hypocrisy.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
So today, Caitlin jumps on the Sarah Everard bandwagon to make it all about - guess what, HERSELF. I know, who'd have thought. Then, our hero discusses some abusive man she knows and comments - the horror! - on the fact that some friends of hers are still friends of his on social media. Why don't they shun him, our brave feminist wonders.

Er, Caitlin hun, you are still friends with India Knight who harbours a paedophile under her roof and whose relationship with this disgusting man helped him escape a well-deserved jail term. India, of course, is very well connected at News UK who employ, um, Caitlin Moran.

Disgusting hypocrisy.
She can not be so dense to have not thought about the hypocrisy here?!

• Wow
Reactions: 11
She can not be so dense to have not thought about the hypocrisy here?!
I genuinely think with people as in love with themselves as Caitlin, there is just none of the usual self-doubt that the rest of us have. I think she gets off on her presumably massive pay check (thanks News UK!), and believes every word of her own press release.

• Sad
Reactions: 12
I can't think of a lot of people I detest more than Caitlin Moran and it boggles my mind at how many people rush to defend her anytime she shows her true colours and gets challenged for it. How does someone so despicable have so many ardent supporters? She is utterly vile fgs!

• Heart
Reactions: 11

Disgusting hypocrisy.
Was this in her column by the way? I assumed twitter but couldn't see anything on her timeline.

Reactions: 1
Was this in her column by the way? I assumed twitter but couldn't see anything on her timeline.
Yep in the Times mag yesterday. I don't often read her but was stuck on the sofa with a dog on my lap so read the whole thing start to finish.

Reactions: 2
  • Sick
Reactions: 6
Wasn't the Charlotte Church countdown shown to be a myth? (I know CC mentioned it in her Leveson testimony but I understand no one's been able to find it. I think the only similar thing was from some obscure website)

The cited links in this are now dead

ETA - for anyone interested http://heresycorner.blogspot.com/2012/01/truth-about-that-charlotte-church.html?m=1

Last edited:
Just gone back to reading CM's piece - she didnt say it was from the Sun 🤦‍♀️ I'll shut up

They definitely had one for Lindsey Dawn Mackenzie. I remember my mum being really upset about it when I was a child.

Reactions: 1
Just had the misfortune of seeing Caitlin interviewed on TV - she said that 'Fleabag finally disproved the myth that women aren't funny'

Another great leap backwards from the UK's Foremost Feminist, completely forgetting the seismic cultural contributions of the likes of Victoria Wood, French & Saunders, Jo Brand, Julie Walters, Caroline Aherne, Kathy Burke etc...

She's such a North London poseur.

• Angry
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
There are no words to describe the contempt I have for Caitlin effing Moran and her awful mates

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Just had the misfortune of seeing Caitlin interviewed on TV - she said that 'Fleabag finally disproved the myth that women aren't funny'

Another great leap backwards from the UK's Foremost Feminist, completely forgetting the seismic cultural contributions of the likes of Victoria Wood, French & Saunders, Jo Brand, Julie Walters, Caroline Aherne, Kathy Burke etc...

She's such a North London poseur.
Kathy Burke would chew her up and spit her out again. I’m not saying that there aren’t people who do still argue that women aren’t funny, there are but anyone with half a brain knows it’s ridiculous. Her feminism really didn’t mature past late 90’s/early 00’s did it?

Reactions: 14
She's a bleeping muppet. There are idiots who will argue that I'm sure but Caitlin should know better than to act like it's the general consensus. I despise that gobby waste of space

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.