Caitlin Moran #did not stay at home.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
the answer would be (IMO) not that boot !
Agree! We don’t seek beauty advice from India Knight and nor do we turn to Caitlin Moran for advice on what clothes to wear. As if!
How DO these Times writers keep their enormous egos going? I suppose it’s the buckets of cash Murdoch swills into their troughs that gives them ideas.

Reactions: 12
On the plus side, the fashion singular was not used here, mercifully. "a chunky boot"

Agree! We don’t seek beauty advice from India Knight and nor do we turn to Caitlin Moran for advice on what clothes to wear. As if!
How DO these Times writers keep their enormous egos going? I suppose it’s the buckets of cash Murdoch swills into their troughs that gives them ideas.
India Knight as a beauty writer just blows my mind

• Haha
Reactions: 11
On the plus side, the fashion singular was not used here, mercifully. "a chunky boot"

India Knight as a beauty writer just blows my mind
it does just prove the nepotism in this industry tbh. her as a fashion writer :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Morning All, just wanted to say there is a episode of the Adam Buxton Podcast with Caitlin Moran as the guest. I’ve not listened to all of it yet but she’s talking about her new book and several topics relating. The bit where she talks about her daughter is very touching. Then she talks about licking her dog which is not so 🤣

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 7
I just listened to the Adam Buxton podcast. Jesus christ, all the issues facing women (and the world!) today and she's still banging on about sex and genitals.

I really looked up to her when I was 18 and read her book but I'm really questioning this decision! How is that really all that she cares about when she's making her feminism a career path?!

• Heart
Reactions: 10
I just listened to the Adam Buxton podcast. Jesus christ, all the issues facing women (and the world!) today and she's still banging on about sex and genitals.

I really looked up to her when I was 18 and read her book but I'm really questioning this decision! How is that really all that she cares about when she's making her feminism a career path?!
She's also went a bit 'men have it really hard too you know'. Which feels a bit like she thinks women's problems are almost all sorted.

Of course everyone faces issues but that's not really the point of a feminist spokesperson?

And she still regurgitated her origin story to Adam even though she'd been on before. Is she not sick of telling it yet? I have largely ignored her for a few years and I'm still subjected to catching her tell tales of cheese lollipops and being homeschooled on at least a quarterly basis.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Oh she's an absolute "pick-me witch" feminist. Wants all the creds for speaking about womens issues but still needs validation from men.

Reactions: 21
Most feminists don't say "to be feminist about it fir a moment" they just say what they think about whatever issue. She says sonething like that at one point during the podcast. It's like a hat she consciously puts on. She has pretty much zero feminist instincts.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 13
Most feminists don't say "to be feminist about it fir a moment" they just say what they think about whatever issue. She says sonething like that at one point during the podcast. It's like a hat she consciously puts on. She has pretty much zero feminist instincts.
Yeah, or you say something like this for something you don't believe just to create debate. It's like when people say "just to play devil's advocate.."

Reactions: 2
She's also went a bit 'men have it really hard too you know'.
I absolutely can't bear this. I see the same thing at work, with women tripping over themselves to recognise International Men's Day, and the men a) don't give a duck because every day is their day and b) don't reciprocate for International Women's Day.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
I absolutely can't bear this. I see the same thing at work, with women tripping over themselves to recognise International Men's Day, and the men a) don't give a duck because every day is their day and b) don't reciprocate for International Women's Day.
HAs she always been like this with the men thing? I don't recall it, ugh she is awful

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.