Caitlin Moran #did not stay at home.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Re: her feminism, she had the chance to pick a side. The fluffy liberal Cool Girl stuff she espoused when she was young, or the clear-eyed, fearless kind, the kind that is earned through hard experience and realising the vast Everest of shite that women are truly up against, and which enables you to speak out and act whenever you need to, even if it won't make you popular. She's picked a side, and it's disappointing. I suppose wealth does that to you.

Oh and has this renowned feminist said anything about Eric Joyce, partner of her mate India?

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 12

Finally. Shame on LL too

The detailed account of the maintenance shag is one of the most excruciating things I've ever read :eek:
Thank god for paywalls

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 10
Regrettably I’m signed up for a free article per week. It is possibly the worst piece of warts-and-all writing I’ve ever read. (Amazingly she didn’t reference the comedy, zany side of genital warts, surely an oversight.) No one comes out of that piece with any dignity. And now we know the exact time of their maintenance coupling, I’ve got a horrible feeling that I’ll unavoidably think of them tomorrow at 8am. Oh god 🤮

• Sick
Anyone catch the excerpt from her new book and article about it in The Times today?

First of all, her idea of feminism has gotten even worse. Apparently now feminists have to help the men because they’re killing themselves, and all women mostly have to contend with nowadays is remembering stuff, like when the grass needs cutting and bleeding the radiators.

Also, if you don’t want a graphic insight into her “maintenance shags” (isn’t that term stolen from Sali Hughes?) with Pete P, then definitely give the whole thing a wide berth.
truly vomit-inducing, I had to stop reading. I’m sick of her obsession with her bloody pubes. As far as she’s concerned a full bush equals stellar feminist credentials. Give me a break you insufferable idiot.

• Heart
truly vomit-inducing, I had to stop reading. I’m sick of her obsession with her bloody pubes. As far as she’s concerned a full bush equals stellar feminist credentials. Give me a break you insufferable idiot.
Oh god, I want to know but I also don't

Reactions: 5
Regrettably I’m signed up for a free article per week. It is possibly the worst piece of warts-and-all writing I’ve ever read. (Amazingly she didn’t reference the comedy, zany side of genital warts, surely an oversight.) No one comes out of that piece with any dignity. And now we know the exact time of their maintenance coupling, I’ve got a horrible feeling that I’ll unavoidably think of them tomorrow at 8am. Oh god 🤮
God imagine this was your parents 🤢 no one needs this level of detail

Feminism is definitely women telling other women what is / isn’t feminist 😂

• Haha
Sorry but it looks like a birds nest to me

That was what turned me off her years ago. Her idea that women who removed their pubic hair were not feminists. Um Caitlin, we have a choice. Isn't that feminism?

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 7

That was what turned me off her years ago. Her idea that women who removed their pubic hair were not feminists. Um Caitlin, we have a choice. Isn't that feminism?
Oh Jesus. Not Sali Hughes aswell. I used to like Caitlin and Sali but I can’t beer them now. Smug narcissists.

Reactions: 8

In her first book she also said that women should ALWAYS be given seats by men on public transport as they may have periods/pain post childbirth/ menopause, which I thought was ridiculous

• Wow
  • Sick
In her first book she also said that women should ALWAYS be given seats by men on public transport as they may have periods/pain post childbirth/ menopause, which I thought was ridiculous
She’s a complete head with all the emotional and intellectual depth of a puddle. I’ve mentioned somewhere earlier in the thread her dire episode of desert island discs. She was so uninteresting and lacked any self-reflection. That’s when the penny truly dropped for me that she’s a completely artificial public personality.

Reactions: 13
She really is a one trick pony. Kirsty Young is a good interviewer and usually gets something decent even out of difficult people but Caitlin’s DID was just a tick box exercise.

Edited to say cross post with the poster above! Completely agree. There is nothing there of depth or substance.

Reactions: 9
I don't want to insult Robert Smith by making the comparison, but the fact that a beauty 'editor' is praising that hair...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 6
Actually her DID has made me think of that Decca Aitkenhead interview of Lauren Laverne that got some criticism for being too harsh. Again DA was pushing for any kind of personality or opinion/stance and LL just didn’t have anything. They make out they’re so quirky and individual and different but in reality there’s nothing.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
Actually her DID has made me think of that Decca Aitkenhead interview of Lauren Laverne that got some criticism for being too harsh. Again DA was pushing for any kind of personality or opinion/stance and LL just didn’t have anything. They make out they’re so quirky and individual and different but in reality there’s nothing.
Agreed. Decca Aitkenhead is brilliant. I read that piece and don’t think it warrants criticism.

She is a joke. Imagine Germaine Greer or the real feminists wanging on about pubes
Clearly the most pressing issue facing us . She rarely talks about serious issues relating to women as far as I’ve seen. Also she acts as if no men “groom” themselves down there

• Heart
Reactions: 3
Clearly the most pressing issue facing us . She rarely talks about serious issues relating to women as far as I’ve seen. Also she acts as if no men “groom” themselves down there
I think it shows how out of touch her and their ilk are.

Reactions: 3
I feel like Caitlin Moran’s entire public persona (possibly private persona too) is just a bingo card of:

Big hair
Muppet face
Pubes and vaginas and bumholes LOL
I used to be fat as a teenager
I’m from a working class background
Insert vaguely feminist quote on something very middle class here

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.