Caitlin Moran #did not stay at home.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hate that dismissal of "Germaine Greer feminists". Whatever you think of GG - and she can be wildly wrong and infuriating and many things - she was hugely groundbreaking and inspiring and it's very easy to take The Female Eunuch for granted 50 years after it was written. Because, believe me, a lot of it is still depressingly true.

(I'm referring to one of the tweets posted above, not defending CM)
I do understand where you’re coming from, but I really feel that she has in part invalidated the value of her earlier works by her more recent BS - rape sentencing and trans rights, to name but two examples.

To the younger generation (Lol, I am 49 almost so don’t include myself in that) like my 38 year old wife and the rest of the millennial and Zoomer generation, she is seen as incredibly toxic and I cannot blame them. She is erasing her own legacy, and that’s probably the comparison the poster was trying to make.

Reactions: 7
I hate that dismissal of "Germaine Greer feminists". Whatever you think of GG - and she can be wildly wrong and infuriating and many things - she was hugely groundbreaking and inspiring and it's very easy to take The Female Eunuch for granted 50 years after it was written. Because, believe me, a lot of it is still depressingly true.

(I'm referring to one of the tweets posted above, not defending CM)
I agree with this. It's an insult to lump CM in with GG

Reactions: 8
Bloody hell - that article by CM. I was wondering what on earth possessed her to feel comfortable enough to write that rubbish - but that is just it isn't it? She feels supremely comfortable and entitled to come up with such offensive claptrap because she genuinely thinks she is an authority on the subject. Plus she is so in thrall with celebrity culture for some reason.
I now somewhat charitably take the view that she is really quite dim. Spouting a lot of shouty words covers up a weak intellect.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
Bloody hell - that article by CM. I was wondering what on earth possessed her to feel comfortable enough to write that rubbish - but that is just it isn't it? She feels supremely comfortable and entitled to come up with such offensive claptrap because she genuinely thinks she is an authority on the subject. Plus she is so in thrall with celebrity culture for some reason.
I now somewhat charitably take the view that she is really quite dim. Spouting a lot of shouty words covers up a weak intellect.
I guess it gets talked about and gets the clicks even though, and perhaps because, of how objectionable it is.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
I remember when she made her comment about ‘literally not giving a tit’ about race/representation in ‘Girls’ and since that day I’ve avoided her like the plague.

I remember reading her first book (like many other girls/young women) when it came out at the time and thinking it was amazing and really made sense - however you grow and develop and move on when you see that she is SO problematic and just pig ignorant.

She is so far up her own arse, it sickens me - her stupid 🤪 face is irritating and trying to relate to working class people when you’re sat in a multi-million pound house is just nauseating.

in short, I can’t stand the bint and wish people who seem semi decent as individuals - didn’t hold her so high up on a pedestal, she’s a turd. Shes a bad feminist.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
[
If ignorance is a factor then it is wilful ignorance. But it’s more than that, she’s appears to be parading her racism and utter couldn’t give a duck attitude to the impact of her racism. She appears to be enjoying it.

• Heart
Agree with the previous posts. It’s like CM doesn’t give a duck. She reminds me of that other problematic Times columnist Giles Coren.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Bumping this thread to discuss her new film and carry on the chat from the Sali Hughes thread

Reactions: 4
Horrid, horrid, horrid woman! She is nowt but a troll who then turns around and screams about being trolled after deliberately winding people up as much as she can.

Not many get up my nose as much as CM does.

Reactions: 5
I quite enjoyed how to build a girl when it came out, but the world has moved on since then. Watching the film yesterday it just felt dated and repetitive. If I hear that bloody quote about being a lady sex pirate one more time I will stick knitting needles in my ear.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
I quite enjoyed how to build a girl when it came out, but the world has moved on since then. Watching the film yesterday it just felt dated and repetitive. If I hear that bloody quote about being a lady sex pirate one more time I will stick knitting needles in my ear.
I didn’t know this had been made into a film? With the same title?

Bumping this thread to discuss her new film and carry on the chat from the Sali Hughes thread
I suspect I can guess the entire film just from her banging on about the same things over and over again. Let me guess- working class kid from.council estate with lots of siblings makes good?

• Haha
Caitlin Moran is an odd breed.

A self-proclaimed feminist who only retweets men.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.